• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For anyone that continues to believe in the Cavaliers - I will bet all of my SportsHoopla cash that the Cavaliers win this series. six games or less. Otherwise start talking common sense.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, Lebron has established his phliospy of "making the right play" no matter the shot....I think what's getting lost is that the Cavs still had the lead after the miss. MY problem is that Lebron was on heels behind the 3 point line, as on of the best shooters/4th quarter players is coming up the court. At best, you gotta crowd the 3 point line, and give up 2 to keep the game tied

Had this discussion with Gordon earlier. His defense was extremely poor to say the least on that possession.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you were hallucinating.

The article you Saw was from June 2016.....lol

But, Jalen did say it in a Video segment on First take.
I just didn't check the date is all - It's out there, but I remember the article now and dismissed it almost immediately last year as nonsense. Getting swept in the finals made me think there was a 10% or less that Lebron jumps ship - After all, I think we both agree he is a kind of cowardly in that respect don't we?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think George would still want to come to LA if he were on the cavs?

Although he'd probably be third option.

Tough to say.

I want to say he'd stay, like Love did.

But, it would really depend on what the rest of the roster looked like.

Just swapping George for Love is not getting them by the Warriors.

So, it comes down to if just having a shot at the Finals would be enough.

If I had to guess now, I'd say...He would go to the Lakers.

His situation with the Cavs would be similar to the one Shaq left in Orlando when he joined LA.

Like Howard leaving Orlando.....

Like Howard leaving the Lakers....

Like Howard Leaving the Rockets....

* Notice a pattern*

Sometimes happiness trumps economics.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just didn't check the date is all - It's out there, but I remember the article now and dismissed it almost immediately last year as nonsense. Getting swept in the finals made me think there was a 10% or less that Lebron jumps ship - After all, I think we both agree he is a kind of cowardly in that respect don't we?
Didn't we already do this dance a few pages back?

The post you quoted was from 2hrs ago.

We agree.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

10%?

I give it less than 2% at best.

Lebron has Gilbert, Griffin and Lue by the balls. He says "jump" They say "How high?"

He won't get that in LA with either the Clippers or Lakers, and he knows that!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10%?

I give it less than 2% at best.

Lebron has Gilbert, Griffin and Lue by the balls. He says "jump" They say "How high?"

He won't get that in LA with either the Clippers or Lakers, and he knows that!
I was being generous because truthfully, I give 0.50 percent of a chance. I will say this though: If the Cavaliers had played like they did in the third game from the beginning, they would not be in this deep of a hole. Their problem is they did not have any diversity or tough games in the playoffs. It was too easy for them, which left them unprepared for a tough fight. In best of seven, they would have a chance now if you threw out the first two games, but they have ran out of real estate, the jello is jiggling and the game is in the refrigerator, but they will need to make changes for next year and gear up for another run

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Are you living under a rock?
I know that in one that his team won, Ray Allen bailed him out and then last year Irving bailed him out. Does he have another; I can't remember.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know that in one that his team won, Ray Allen bailed him out and then last year Irving bailed him out. Does he have another; I can't remember.

yeah you clearly don't watch basketball.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't believe there is someone on here who thinks the only big shot lebron made in his playoffs career was game 7 vs the spurs. Just wow

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, Lebron has established his phliospy of "making the right play" no matter the shot....I think what's getting lost is that the Cavs still had the lead after the miss. MY problem is that Lebron was on heels behind the 3 point line, as on of the best shooters/4th quarter players is coming up the court. At best, you gotta crowd the 3 point line, and give up 2 to keep the game tied
My position on this is that one game can get away and you can lose it easily with a bad possession or two. What needed to happen was for the Cavaliers to have played like this in games 1 and 2. Had they played like this in all three games, I think the tally would not be 0-3. It's too little and too late when it comes to 2 games in the hole and you are depending on one game just to have any chance. The Cavs clearly got blown away in the first two games and now waiting for death

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever seen him make a big shot at the end of a big game? Its always a teammate, like Irving last year.
They had this discussion on ESPN earlier, and you are partly right about one thing. LeBron does have the tendency to pass the ball to the right player and let them make the shot. He has done that more times then taking the shot. It's really good basketball. That also might be a weakness, because players like Kobe will take that sho every time and take the good or bad that comes with it. The reason that might be a weakness is because it shows that LeBron does not have a killer instinct. Kobe for example would gladly rip your heart out to win. That does not mean, however that LeBron can't or won't make that shot. I have seen him many times drive to the basket and make the shot on isolated plays. It's really good basketball to mix it up to the point that the opposition does not know what to expect.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever seen him make a big shot at the end of a big game?

I saw him run the length of the floor and make the greatest defensive play in the entire history of the NBA finals.

The Dude is averaging 32/12/10 versus the greatest team arguably assembled while shooting 55%.

His playoff PER is freaking 30.
In fact, he is averaging a PER of nearly 31 for the last 5 consecutive playoffs in long sample sizes.

Nobody has ever even came close to this level of all around playoff excellence at age 32.
He will clearly retire as the highest rated playoff performer of all fucking time.

Kobe never touched higher than 25 PER ever in the playoffs for comparison.
What more can he do??

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last night a reporter tried to bait LeBron asking him if it was fair that the Warriors had so much talent.

LeBron said he thought it was great. He added that Steph, Klay, & Dray were all drafted by the Warriors. He also noted that ratings for the NBA were up and that the Warriors have been good for the league. He said if he was an owner he would sign a superstar like KD in a heartbeat.
So now maybe we can stop hearing all the whining about it from fans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would the discussion be today if Lebron misses a shot that is contested by Green and Durant while missing a wide open Korver for a 3 point attempt?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors LBJ might leave the Cavs. Lol. Would shock me.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan passed to Kerr in the corner for the game winner.

Lebron passed to Korver in the corner for the game winner.

Only difference, one went in, the other didn't.

.......and Lebron's perceived reputation as being afraid of the moment grows because of it.
Yea I think some people confuse two things:
A. LBJ's lack of aggression as the team's closer in the last few minutes of close games
B. LBJ's ability to make the better basketball decision

Here's what I think:
I commented that he exerts extra energy during the first half and/or first 3 quarters of games. But we're used to seeing franchise player's take over close games in the last 5 minutes or so of the 4th quarter. LBJ doesn't do that often.The tricky part is sometimes that means having to pass to the open guy, hence making the best basketball play. This aligns with your analogy.

I am convinced though that Kyrie is this team's closer & not LBJ. Maybe they need to openly accept each of their roles in order to have a clear understanding. IMO this would be something similar to what happened with him & Wade in their 2nd season together. It seemed to clear the air & help them grow in terms of chemistry on the court.