• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I'm going to say is if you honestly think a player is more focus on kicking someone in the nuts instead of trying to attempt a game tying 3 in the final seconds of the NBA finals down 2-0 then you honestly need to see a doctor immediately.

Come on. No one believes Lebron was going to take a late 3 pointer with the game on the line. Now if you said he was going up to pass the ball -- it'd be believeable.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on. No one believes Lebron was going to take a late 3 pointer with the game on the line. Now if you said he was going up to pass the ball -- it'd be believeable.

Lebron was 4 for 9 on the night from 3. It was everywhere within the realm of possibility for him to take a 3 in that spot, especially if he got a clean look from the corner where it's closer.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors look like they're gonna dominate for years, but you never know.

In 2014, the Spurs put on one of the most dominant performances EVER against the back-to-back champs, and the next year they were a 1st round exit.

In 2001, the Lakers went 15-1 in the playoffs winning their 2nd straight ship, and people wondered how anyone would ever beat them. 2 seasons later they were stunned by the Pistons and Shaq skipped town.

Even LeBron himself, thought he, Wade and Bosh would be dominating for not 5, not 6, not 7 years. Mavs and Spurs had other plans.

You never know man.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors look like they're gonna dominate for years, but you never know.

In 2014, the Spurs put on one of the most dominant performances EVER against the back-to-back champs, and the next year they were a 1st round exit.

In 2001, the Lakers went 15-1 in the playoffs winning their 2nd straight ship, and people wondered how anyone would ever beat them. 2 seasons later they were stunned by the Pistons and Shaq skipped town.

Even LeBron himself, thought he, Wade and Bosh would be dominating for not 5, not 6, not 7 years. Mavs and Spurs had other plans.

You never know man.

Health will always be the key. The Warriors and Cavs may be front runners every year, but just one bad matchup or one injury could be the difference.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health will always be the key. The Warriors and Cavs may be front runners every year, but just one bad matchup or one injury could be the difference.

Yep, it sort of bugs me when everyone says "We all knew from day 1 that the Finals was going to be Cavs Warriors".

Just because it happened, doesn't mean you knew jack shit. The games still had to be played and a lot of things could've happened.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron was 4 for 9 on the night from 3. It was everywhere within the realm of possibility for him to take a 3 in that spot, especially if he got a clean look from the corner where it's closer.

You must have missed the part where I said 'with the game on the line'.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any Bulls fans or Magic fans or Spurs fans or Thunder fans or Pistons fans want to chime in about LeBron taking and making 3's in the playoffs with the game on the line?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, I saw that. Isn't that what Lebron tried to do until Iguodala made a great play on him? If he was 1 for 8, it'd be more believable he'd pass the shot up. Considering he was already shooting a good percentage with already a high volume of makes, it makes it even more plausible that he could do it, with the game on the line.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 27,771.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After last night.....I think James will opt opt and go to another team and lobby hard for them to get Melo to try and get another ring. I'm thinking the Clippers.

BG to NY for Melo and they re-sign CP.

Big 3 of:
CP
Melo
James

Fill the roster around them.

Clipps vs Warriors next season for the WCF.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of have to agree with this article. he threw some pretty bad lineups out there yesterday. He's gotten away with it a lot but not a good idea in the finals.

Steve Kerr's worst instinct almost got the best of the Warriors

Kerr trusts all of his players — each and every single one — with his basketball life, and that faith is one of Golden State's few weaknesses.

In the Finals, you need to rely on your best seven or eight players to get the job done, even if they're struggling. Those are the guys who can stand up to the pressure of the NBA's biggest stage.

When the Warriors go cold, though, Kerr will put anybody out there to try to break through the ice. So on Wednesday night, all 13 active Golden State players saw the court, including some awful lineups with just one or two shooters.

That's ridiculous, of course.

The Warriors should never, ever have just one shooter on the court — not with this roster. You don't need to play Matt Barnes just because he's on the team.

This isn't little league.In a game that came down to the final possession, Kerr's foible was almost crucial factor. He'll need to tighten up the rotation if the Warriors are going to complete the sweep in Game 4.

Agreed that Kerr made some dumb choices

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree. That small stretch where we had no scorers on the court, and I believe it was Iguodala, Livingston and McCaw out there at the same time was terrible. I thought that could have cost us the game.

But truthfully, those guys being able to eat some minutes helped keep guys like Steph, KD and Klay fresh for the finish. Draymond's minutes were lower due to foul trouble, but KD and Klay had the most minutes with 40 and Steph with 39. Iguodala has less than 30 minutes too.

What we absolutely don't need to see next game is a scenario where Kerr does something funky like he did in game 7 last year putting Ezeli on the court. So far he's been pretty good and this was the only hiccup I've seen from him in the finals this year.

That's half the games he's coached though....

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's half the games he's coached though....

I've been one of the most vocal critics of his lineups, but half of the games is a stretch.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been one of the most vocal critics of his lineups, but half of the games is a stretch.

He's only been on the bench making substitutions for 2 games, and one of them he messed things up some

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's only been on the bench making substitutions for 2 games, and one of them he messed things up some

Well, ok if you want to look at it that way.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to say a guy played fantastic defense when the other guy scores 38 on you, but that's what Klay did last night. I mean I was really watching Kyrie Irving with awe. Dude is such a beast at getting to the basket and finishing. It seemed like everytime was over a difficult contest and he just made it look so easy. Earlier Wiggy said he was the one of the best finishers of all time, and I think you could make a case for best. He's got the softest touch around the rim, I've ever seen.

That being said, Klay was draped all over him all night, yet Kyrie just continued to get buckets. Klay didn't hang his head and when it mattered most was able to make a really strong contest on Kyrie. We've all seen Kyrie hit that type of shot before, but Klay did every thing he could do to make him work for it.

Just speaks to both the focus Klay has defensively and to not get upset when the other guy is continually scoring on you. Also speaks to Kyrie's greatness that he's so talented a scorer that defense almost doesn't matter some times.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can ask Steve Kerr about superstars 'deferring' to slow white guys...

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can you choke in a game that was never close? Warriors had a 16 point lead entering the 4th quarter of game 2 The closest Cleveland got was 11 and that was for about 30 seconds.
He is the reason it was not close. He took only one shot in the 4th quarter. The "star" of the team cannot disappear in crunch time.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really hard to say a guy played fantastic defense when the other guy scores 38 on you, but that's what Klay did last night. I mean I was really watching Kyrie Irving with awe. Dude is such a beast at getting to the basket and finishing. It seemed like everytime was over a difficult contest and he just made it look so easy. Earlier Wiggy said he was the one of the best finishers of all time, and I think you could make a case for best. He's got the softest touch around the rim, I've ever seen.

That being said, Klay was draped all over him all night, yet Kyrie just continued to get buckets. Klay didn't hang his head and when it mattered most was able to make a really strong contest on Kyrie. We've all seen Kyrie hit that type of shot before, but Klay did every thing he could do to make him work for it.

Just speaks to both the focus Klay has defensively and to not get upset when the other guy is continually scoring on you. Also speaks to Kyrie's greatness that he's so talented a scorer that defense almost doesn't matter some times.
He got some pretty good bounces on a lot of those shots though. It was really starting to piss me off.