• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron on the decision to pass to Korver

NjWJwMO.png

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't realize it was that old and certainly wasn't worth mentioning now with the season on the line. I really do not believe LeBron leaves, but if the Cavs could make a trade for Chris Paul or Blake Griffith - That would be the upgrade they need to compete. If I was the Clippers, I would give them Griffith if they agreed to take Doc Rivers :lol:

We were both wrong.

Clearly, it was a topic being discussed.

But, you just might be clairvoyant. Because the very next morning, several articles went up.

With that being said......Dear God, TLF...lmao

You can't trade players you don't have under contract.

However, if he wanted to play with either of those guys, the Clippers would gladly do a sign and trade with Cleveland for Love or Kyrie, instead of losing them for nothing.

Fortunately for the Clipoers, the Cavs have no ability to sign either outright.

Last edited:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Lebron is just going to ride off into the sunset in Cleveland if they can't find a way to make their team better. If he found a better option, he'd be gone in an instant -- like he did the first time he left Cleveland, then did again when he left Miami.

Besides the need of a playmaker off the bench, there's nothing wrong with Cleveland's roster. The roster isn't even a factor at the end of the day. He's the entrepreneur of Cleveland; their voice.

Here's the thing that always gets missed about LeBron. He left his hometown to better himself and Cleveland by aligning with a mob boss ( Pat Riley ), then returned to Cleveland with all of the knowledge he has gained.

LeBron James is way ahead of the game.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron on the decision to pass to Korver

NjWJwMO.png
Jordan passed to Kerr in the corner for the game winner.

Lebron passed to Korver in the corner for the game winner.

Only difference, one went in, the other didn't.

.......and Lebron's perceived reputation as being afraid of the moment grows because of it.

Last edited:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Bulls fans or Magic fans or Spurs fans or Thunder fans or Pistons fans want to chime in about LeBron taking and making 3's in the playoffs with the game on the line?

I'm not saying Lebron isn't a great player. He is.

He just doesn't have the killer instinct many of the all time greats had. When the game was on the line, you knew who'd have the ball and who was taking the shot. Lebron disappears way too often at the end of games or passes it off to a teammate (like Kyle Korver last night).

Hell -- game 7 of the NBA finals last year, it was Kyrie Irvin who had the ball in his hands and making the shot to win it for Cleveland.

In Miami, more times than not, it was Dwayne Wade with the ball at the end of the games.

As I said already -- most physically gifted player of all time. He is just lacking that killer instinct -- I'd hate to see what he could do if he did have it. I do know, if he did have it, he wouldn't have a NBA finals record of 17-26 though.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I didn't realize it was that old and certainly wasn't worth mentioning now with the season on the line. I really do not believe LeBron leaves, but if the Cavs could make a trade for Chris Paul or Blake Griffith - That would be the upgrade they need to compete. If I was the Clippers, I would give them Griffith if they agreed to take Doc Rivers :lol:
......Serious question

Would you trade Kyrie for Paul at this stage?

I know the Cavs window closes with Lebron.

But, Kyrie fits much better.

Lebron and Paul are both too ball dominant and Chris can, but doesn't like to, take over as a scorer.....just like Lebron.

Kyrie thrives on that shit.

Now Blake?

I honest to God would rather have Love.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides the need of a playmaker off the bench, there's nothing wrong with Cleveland's roster. The roster isn't even a factor at the end of the day. He's the entrepreneur of Cleveland; their voice.

Here's the thing that always gets missed about LeBron. He left his hometown to better himself and Cleveland by aligning with a mob boss ( Pat Riley ), then returned to Cleveland with all of the knowledge he has gained.

LeBron James is way ahead of the game.

Please tell me you are joking? Is this what Cleveland fans believe?

He left for one reason and one reason only -- to chase a ring. He knew he'd never get FA's to come to Cleveland to play and he was wasting his prime years if he stayed.

He didn't leave to better himself or Cleveland -- he left because Miami was able to sign three of top players to play together. He left because GSW was younger and better, so staying in Miami would have been dumb. He came back to Cleveland because they now had Kyrie Irvin and trade assets to get another big name, to make a run at GSW.

The best part of it all -- GSW did it the right way. Drafting their way to a great team. As Kevin Durant said, Lebron paved the way for him to leave in FA to join up with other great players. What sucks for Lebron -- GSW is young and not going anywhere, so his days of winning titles are probably done.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

.......and Lebron's perceived reputation as being afraid of the moment grows because of it.

Lebron CONSTANTLY passes up the big shot. When game 7 was on the line last year -- who was taking the shots for Cleveland?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think he has the balls to leave Cleveland.

I think it's even more unlikely he comes West, directly in the Warriors path.

Instead of getting swept in the Finals, he wants to get swept in the WCF?

But, @True Lakers Fan was right.

It's out there....

Rumblings across the league suggest that LeBron will consider taking his talents out West, as Bill Simmons and I discussed this week on The Bill Simmons Podcast. The LeBron noise echoes what The Vertical’s Adrian Wojnarowski wrote last year: With a Finals victory for Cleveland secure, James could get to “run off with his buddies again somewhere warm.”

Multiple league sources I’ve spoken to think the Lakers or Clippers are viable destinations for King James. Jalen Rose said this week on First Take that he expects LeBron to make a move from Cleveland to California, where he already owns a house 30 minutes away from Staples Center.
You bring up a great point on him not going out west...however, since he got that title for Cleveland, I could TOTALLY see him bouncing if they lose next year. Pending on what happens, I may be the only one who thinks this, but his legacy takes a hit if he leaves a 3rd time, to go to a 3rd superteam

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not necessarily a game-winner for Korver though...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You bring up a great point on him not going out west...however, since he got that title for Cleveland, I could TOTALLY see him bouncing if they lose next year. Pending on what happens, I may be the only one who thinks this, but his legacy takes a hit if he leaves a 3rd time, to go to a 3rd superteam

He could bounce to a new team, but no way he goes to a team in the western conference. He wants to at least get to the NBA finals. If he goes to the western conference, that isn't happening. In the East -- Boston was the #1 seed for crying out loud.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your memory is incredibly selective.

On the biggest stage, at the biggest moment -- Kyrie Irvin was taking the shots for Cleveland. Lebron took one shot in the last 4 minutes and missed.

He is a freak athlete and will go down as one of the all time greats. If he had that killer instinct, he'd be in the conversation as the GOAT. He just doesn't though and it can't be taught. You either have it or you don't.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny....

Dude was being discussed as the possible GOAT just a week ago.

But, the Warriors look like a Team that can win the next 3.

If he never wins again, or hops to another juggernaut, all that could go away.

I think he is the best SF of Alltime.

But, the Goat talk is premature.

...and I held that position BEFORE the Finals.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
......Serious question

Would you trade Kyrie for Paul at this stage?

I know the Cavs window closes with Lebron.

But, Kyrie fits much better.

Lebron and Paul are both too ball dominant and Chris can, but doesn't like to, take over as a scorer.....just like Lebron.

Kyrie thrives on that shit.

Now Blake?

I honest to God would rather have Love.
I would take Kyrie over CP who is beginning to age but Love is injury prone and Blake is better on Defense. It wouldn't be enough to beat the Warriors but It would tighten it up imo

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron states he's taking his talents to Philly.

Philly trades the #3 pick and Dario Saric to the Pacers for Paul George.

Sign Kyle Lowry to 4 year 80M deal.

Starting lineup of

Lowry
George
Lebron
Simmons
Embiid

#trusttheprocess

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were both wrong.

Clearly, it was a topic being discussed.

But, you just might be clairvoyant. Because the very next morning, several articles went up.

With that being said......Dear God, TLF...lmao

You can't trade players you don't have under contract.

However, if he wanted to play with either of those guys, the Clippers would gladly do a sign and trade with Cleveland for Love or Kyrie, instead of losing them for nothing.

Fortunately for the Clipoers, the Cavs have no ability to sign either outright.
Griffin to the Lakers? lol