• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron complains in June of 2015.....2 months later we have a brand new NBA finals schedule. Yep he had nothing to do with it lol

This is called The Post Hoc Argument and is a logical fallacy.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bk... you're connecting dots that are nothing more than assumption whether you want to admit it or not.

Go read Kiki Vandewghe's official statement on revamping the NBA Finals schedule 2 years ago. He talks about getting input from teams, owners, marketing partners, and venues to try and create a scenario that works for everyone and protects the health of the players.

You can pretend like LeBron is the only voice that the NBA is going to listen to but you'd be wrong.

Why would Kiki Vandewghe or anyone come out and say they change the schedule because of Lebron James? Obviously they're going to list of bunch of other reasons

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NBA are so worried about players rest, why aren't every series in the first 3 rounds dragged out for 2.5 weeks then? It is the same exact format as the NBA finals so why not have 2 days off anytime the venue changes?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every series in the playoffs should follow the same format then.

1 day off between games 1/2 & 3/4. 2 days off between the other games but they would never dare do that because the season will drag out until July....but yeah they're so concerned about resting, traveling, and etc.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Kiki Vandewghe or anyone come out and say they change the schedule because of Lebron James? Obviously they're going to list of bunch of other reasons

And you are going to make your own assumption, which is fine. But to act like its obviously correct isn't fair, imo.

LeBron is an important voice in the NBA, but there are a ton of other voices that are more important.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the NBA are so worried about players rest, why aren't every series in the first 3 rounds dragged out for 2.5 weeks then? It is the same exact format as the NBA finals so why not have 2 days off anytime the venue changes?

Wasn't LeBron's complaint that you were referring to actually that their were more off days in Oakland than in Cleveland.

This year, there are still way more off days in Oakland than Cleveland . So if they're addressing his complaint, they're doing a bad job.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lebron should complain and petiton the league to let the Cavs have 6 players on the court----- and let LeBron have 7 fouls......i mean- they do whatever he says apparently . lol

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well according to you- if lebron complained about the officials as much as you do he would get every call...lol

i wonder if this is something you REALLY believe--- or its just hating on lebron--- if its something you really believe- you are either delusional- or a retard.

I don't know. Generally, I would tend to agree with you that these types of decisions are usually based on TV money. However, if it changed right after James complained about it, that is quite a coincidence.

The other point referenced in an article @bksballer89 linked was that James said the old format gave the home team more home days off. I don't know anything about that, but if it's true, I could see NBA killing two birds with one stone, with James potentially being the catalyst - make schedule more fair, and increase TV revenue.

I don't think the potential impetuses (impetii?) behind the change is as mutually exclusive as you two seem to think.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm being very careful around BKS.....just found out his ass is a mod.

No one told me this.

giphy.gif

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he can petition the league to have the NBA Finals games at his house in Bath Ohio in his back yard- private court?

lol.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't LeBron's complaint that you were referring to actually that their were more off days in Oakland than in Cleveland.

This year, there are still way more off days in Oakland than Cleveland . So if they're addressing his complaint, they're doing a bad job.

The only reason there are more days in Oakland is because the NBA refuses to ever play a finals game on Saturday Night. The 2 days off after game 1 was ridiculously dumb. To avoid that situation in the future, the finals should always start on Tuesday. The first 3 games would be on Tue-Thu-Sun which would make more sense then the current Thu-Sun-Wed schedule for games 1-3.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's true. On the other hand, they're also not going to come out and say, "look, we're changing the format so we can squeeze every last dime out of the TV stations."