• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Warriors vs Cavaliers

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there's admittedly not a whole lot to hang our hats on, we gotta take what we can get, lol.

If the Warriors get 4 wins, I'll be here congratulating them and giving props for the accomplishment. Until then, you're damn right I'm gonna be looking for any sliver of hope to hang my hat on.
how did you go broke?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there's admittedly not a whole lot to hang our hats on, we gotta take what we can get, lol.

If the Warriors get 4 wins, I'll be here congratulating them and giving props for the accomplishment. Until then, you're damn right I'm gonna be looking for any sliver of hope to hang my hat on.

Agree. At this point, a repeat of last year is a Cavs fans only hope, so it's either hang your hat on that or don't bother watching.

I'd be doing the same if it were the Lakers.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put everything on Game 2
im thinking of betting my roll on the warriors so at least if they win tonight i wont be so devastated. lol

honestly- i cant even watch sportscenter, read all my different sports sites i read.....ive been reading CNN, studying andwatching "bloodline" lately.

durant is such a fucking bitch.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im thinking of betting my roll on the warriors so at least if they win tonight i wont be so devastated. lol

honestly- i cant even watch sportscenter, read all my different sports sites i read.....ive been reading CNN, studying andwatching "bloodline" lately.

durant is such a fucking bitch.

do it dude. Probably the best timing to go for it

hold up... bet on the dubs?? fuck that

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. At this point, a repeat of last year is a Cavs fans only hope, so it's either hang your hat on that or don't bother watching.

I'd be doing the same if it were the Lakers.
Thompson and Smith have been AWFUL.

this pace the Cavs are playing i think plays into the Warriors hands- and doesnt allow Thompson to get position. The Cavs need to win the rebounding battle and thus far Curry has outrebounded Thompson because the Cavs are just running and chucking up garbage early in the shot clock.

id slow it down, get physical- i dont like how lue and lebron areplaying it

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

for some reason when LeBron left and went to miami- you could actually bet on where he was going----- just to hedge- late in the process i put 300 n him going to Miami --- won like a G since i think it was like 3-1 when i bet. ---- sucked he went to Miami but i did win 700

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol I think if the Cavs are going to get a game, it will be tonight. I think tonight is about as close to "must win" as a non-elimination game gets. If the Warriors win, I think they get greedy and take game 4.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this pace the Cavs are playing i think plays into the Warriors hands- and doesnt allow Thompson to get position. The Cavs need to win the rebounding battle and thus far Curry has outrebounded Thompson because the Cavs are just running and chucking up garbage early in the shot clock.

Yeah, you're not alone thinking that they should slow it down. But, Lue and LeBron have been telling everyone that asks them that they won't slow it down.

BUT... I think its partly posturing and they're not being as dumb about it as they might sound.

Go listen to RJ's media interview from yesterday. He answered it a little more honestly I think. They're not gonna try to grind it out at snails pace or anything... but they are conscious of wanting to try to keep the pace from playing into the warriors hands.

Basically, they'll run and get out when they have the chance, cause they're offense thrives in those situations. But they're going to focus on taking good shots and not turning the ball over, cause that is what feeds into the Warriors hands: Bad shots and turnovers.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree 100%. The Warriors are also putting some extra emphasis on keeping TT off the boards, so someone not named Lebron (because he's already trying) needs to step up and help TT out. Doesn't help that TT has a pretty good 7 footer to deal with that wasn't there the last 2 seasons.

Not sure what's up with JR. It doesn't look like the Warriors are giving him any extra attention, it just looks like his shot is off. Fortunately for the Cavs, he's shown he break out of a slump and go on a scoring binge at any time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I think if the Cavs are going to get a game, it will be tonight. I think tonight is about as close to "must win" as a non-elimination game gets. If the Warriors win, I think they get greedy and take game 4.
i hate how they have been playing. they are going way to fast.

Smith and Korver need to get going BADLY from behind the 3 pt line. Cavs need to get physical. You are def right- its beyond over if they lose tonight.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree 100%. The Warriors are also putting some extra emphasis on keeping TT off the boards, so someone not named Lebron (because he's already trying) needs to step up and help TT out. Doesn't help that TT has a pretty good 7 footer to deal with that wasn't there the last 2 seasons.

Not sure what's up with JR. It doesn't look like the Warriors are giving him any extra attention, it just looks like his shot is off. Fortunately for the Cavs, he's shown he break out of a slump and go on a scoring binge at any time.

Yep. Another problem is that the Cavs have to be more conscious than usual about getting back on D. Offensive rebounding is hard to do when the other team is feasting in transition offense. Crashing the offensive boards becomes a huge risk against a team so lethal in quick offense.

Cavs are having the same problem on the other end. They are being so eager about getting out on offense after a Warriors shot goes up... that we are seeing way more offensive boards going to the dubs than they should ever be able to get.

Basically, the Warriors are getting the majority of those 50-50 boards on both ends. Cavs gotta change that if they're gonna have a chance.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that the Cavs better not be expecting home court to magically do something.

They know they have to win this game... but the Warriors know the Cavs have to win this game too.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i seriously hate my life right now.

I have to leave my class early today- go to work- have a client meeting, finish another project--- come home- and write a 90 minute practice essay and turn it in on-line.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say that the Cavs better not be expecting home court to magically do something.

They know they have to win this game... but the Warriors know the Cavs have to win this game to.

Not expecting the 30 point victory we got in game 3 last year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate how they have been playing. they are going way to fast.

Smith and Korver need to get going BADLY from behind the 3 pt line. Cavs need to get physical. You are def right- its beyond over if they lose tonight.

Yeah, trying to "outpace" the Warriors is fools gold. Agree that the Cavs need to slow it down and play more physical. They need to make the refs make calls at both ends. That means more physical defense and a lot of Lebron and Kyrie driving to the hoop on offense.

If the Warriors still win, you just tip your cap to the better team.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They know they have to win this game... but the Warriors know the Cavs have to win this game to.
Warriors know they can step on the Cavs throats tonight and basically end it. It worries me they will be playing with house money in this game.

Cavs have to get phyiscal - if the Warriors get comfortable and are shooting free and relaxed it will be over.

I am just really disgusted with how the role players have played. I actually think Love has played pretty well- and LeBron has played good- but not great for who he is and what he has to do.

Kyrie is getting so much attention right now because the rol eplayers havent spread the floor at all.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lue already said they have no plans of slowing it down which seems like very bad judgement if you ask me.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue already said they have no plans of slowing it down which seems like very bad judgement if you ask me.

I think its part posturing / part not going into detail about what he really means by that.

If you listen to some of the other players talk about it (like RJ and Korver)... you get a sense of what they're really talking about regarding pace. Which is to not focus on slowing down their own pace as much as doing everything they can to limit the Warriors pace. Specifically by not taking bad shots and by not turning it over.