• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can find a post where I said nothing to do with it that'd be great. I think losing Love and Kyrie might have helped him win the title that year. Next year at more even strength he went down to Ty Lue, who no one thinks is a very good coach.

They won. Even if they didn't win (which they did) it's +16 and a trip to the finals until you make up some other excuse for that. As far as the season where they lost game 7 of the finals after winning 73 regular season games, no I don't think the guy who ran an offense that's built around 1 guy playing iso ball could have jumped in and ran the motion offense that the w's run.

Shit happens, they lost in the finals.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won. Even if they didn't win (which they did) it's +16 and a trip to the finals until you make up some other excuse for that. As far as the season where they lost game 7 of the finals after winning 73 regular season games, no I don't think the guy who ran an offense that's built around 1 guy playing iso ball could have jumped in and ran the motion offense that the w's run.

Shit happens, they lost in the finals.
Who said otherwise? Never said GS wins in 2016 with Lue. But I am confident GS wins in 2015, 17 and 18 if Lue was their coach and Kerr was coaching the Cavs.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said otherwise? Never said GS wins in 2016 with Lue. But I am confident GS wins in 2015, 17 and 18 if Lue was their coach and Kerr was coaching the Cavs.

What sort of offense does Lue run with the Warriors in 2015? Or does that not even matter? Because the Warriors were Juggernauts coming into 2015, fresh off of being a 6th seed and a first round playoff exit.

The idea that all Kerr/Lue is responsible for is the rotation is ridiculous. There's levels to coaching, just like there are to each individual players abilities and skills.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sort of offense does Lue run with the Warriors in 2015? Or does that not even matter? Because the Warriors were Juggernauts coming into 2015, fresh off of being a 6th seed and a first round playoff exit.

The idea that all Kerr/Lue is responsible for is the rotation is ridiculous. There's levels to coaching, just like there are to each individual players abilities and skills.
Well, he did figure out a way to beat the 73-win juggernaut.

Did someone say all they were responsible is the rotations? Offense and rotations easier to be successful with when roster is littered with all stars and/or HOFers.

Give them a couple weeks to prepare with their new team......GS lose to Portland if they switched coaches?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did someone say all they were responsible is the rotations? Offense and rotations easier to be successful with when roster is littered with all stars and/or HOFers.

Give them a couple weeks to prepare with their new team......GS lose to Portland if they switched coaches?
LeBron found a way to beat the juggernaut more than Lue.

All of these posts are just another way for you to say your usual take, which is that coaches mostly don't matter. So if one agrees with that then sure, switch coaches around and not much changes.

For those of us who do think coaching matters and some coaches work better with certain teams than others, then your statement here makes a lot less sense.

I tend to think coaching matters. Even if you swap another coach in for the Portland series, a big reason they still win is that the talent is functioning at a high level because of the system and culture Kerr brought. If you say give Lue the same players in 2014, I do not think they win as much as they do under Kerr over the next 5 years

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still believe the Warriors win this series.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron found a way to beat the juggernaut more than Lue.

All of these posts are just another way for you to say your usual take, which is that coaches mostly don't matter. So if one agrees with that then sure, switch coaches around and not much changes.

For those of us who do think coaching matters and some coaches work better with certain teams than others, then your statement here makes a lot less sense.

I tend to think coaching matters. Even if you swap another coach in for the Portland series, a big reason they still win is that the talent is functioning at a high level because of the system and culture Kerr brought. If you say give Lue the same players in 2014, I do not think they win as much as they do under Kerr over the next 5 years
Yet the one time their talent could be called somewhat equal in talent, Lue's team beat Kerr's.

You kind of proved my point.....You don't think much of Lue, so it must have been Lebron who won. Of course, Lue would have been the culprit if they lost. Kerr? Couldn't possibly be he won with a huge talent advantage in 2015 and that Durant fellow helped him out in 17 and 18, along with Curry, Klay and green?.

You really believe another coach would come in and not implement his own scheme? He'd just say, "well, it worked, so no changes needed?" If stotts coached GS they'd beat Kerr and Portland because they had better players....much better players.

How about a year? Kerr takes over Portland day 1 last year. enough time for him to knock off GS and get to the Finals?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Andre Iguodala a Hall of Famer in your opinion? This has been a subject of discussion in the media recently. I think he falls short. He's got the quality and is a difference maker when he's on the court, but perhaps he falls short on quantity in total stats and minutes played. He did start and play over 30 min per game in his first 10 seasons, but he was less than 30 min per game in his last 5 seasons, and I think Hall of Fame voters may hold that against him.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was either Steph, Klay or Draymond on a HOF trajectory prior to 2015? Better question how many of the three had an all-star appearance before 2015? Hell was Draymond even a starter before 2015?

To answer those questions: Steph had 1 (ONE) All-star appearance prior to 2015. Klay had never made an All-star team when Kerr took over the team. Draymond was a bench player and not even going to be a starter that year. Part of the beef Draymond and Kerr had was prior to the season Kerr told Draymond he didn't know where he fit in the rotation or if he would get consistent minutes. Draymond only got to start because David Lee got injured in the pre-season.

These are the questions I think you need to really think about when just making a blanket statement about Kerr inheriting a roster full of All-Stars and HOFers. LOL.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet the one time their talent could be called somewhat equal in talent, Lue's team beat Kerr's.

You kind of proved my point.....You don't think much of Lue, so it must have been Lebron who won. Of course, Lue would have been the culprit if they lost. Kerr? Couldn't possibly be he won with a huge talent advantage in 2015 and that Durant fellow helped him out in 17 and 18, along with Curry, Klay and green?.

You really believe another coach would come in and not implement his own scheme? He'd just say, "well, it worked, so no changes needed?" If stotts coached GS they'd beat Kerr and Portland because they had better players....much better players.

How about a year? Kerr takes over Portland day 1 last year. enough time for him to knock off GS and get to the Finals?
Lotsa words to say "I don't think coaching matters much and you think it matters some so agree to disagree"

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Andre Iguodala a Hall of Famer in your opinion? This has been a subject of discussion in the media recently. I think he falls short. He's got the quality and is a difference maker when he's on the court, but perhaps he falls short on quantity in total stats and minutes played. He did start and play over 30 min per game in his first 10 seasons, but he was less than 30 min per game in his last 5 seasons, and I think Hall of Fame voters may hold that against him.
If Ginobili deserves it so does Iggy

And the basketball HOF is notoriously easy to get in

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You seem to think that the Warriors could've hired anyone in 2014 to replace Mark Jackson and that the Warriors would've still gone on to win three of the next four championships. I doubt that's true.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ginobili deserves it so does Iggy

And the basketball HOF is notoriously easy to get in

Good point. I think the baseball hall of fame has the highest standard (though someone like Harold Baines should've never gotten in). If it were baseball, I think Andre would fail the stat test.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point. I think the baseball hall of fame has the highest standard (though someone like Harold Baines should've never gotten in). If it were baseball, I think Andre would fail the stat test.
I'm torn on the Baines thing, on the one hand he was easily my favorite player as a kid when that stuff matters, so I'm happy for him. But he has no business being there. I bet even he knows it.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KD has to come back soon with Klay and Looney hurt.....if he doesn't......the series could be over soon.

Next man up. Nobody has benefited from injurys in the playoffs the last few years more than the Warriors so its hard to feel real sorry for them.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors in 6 is my prediction as well. I think they win both games in Oakland, Toronto gets the win in Game 5 and the Warriors win Game 6 in Oakland.