• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Toronto Raptors vs Golden State Warriors

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually said earlier in this thread that KD would still get a max contract from someone, regardless of what happens. And this was before game 5.

The injury that happened to KD where teammates were pressuring him (supposedly in Durant's case) to come back soon is literally the same thing that happened with Kawhi. The difference is is that Kawhi actually went out and got a 2nd opinion outside of team doctors, and they told him not to play. They're actually very similar cases.
again, a lot of things go into it. was kawhi in the finals down 3-1? it's perspective.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again, a lot of things go into it. was kawhi in the finals down 3-1? it's perspective.

You're arguing semantics. In the end, it doesn't matter the situation, KD was dealing with an injury that had potential to get significantly worst (which it did). This is similar to Kawhi's situation because when the playoffs were rolling around, the Spurs wanted and pressured him into playing because they would've been title contenders.

You're arguing just to argue, and I don't care to dive significantly deep into this discussion. Watch the video that @bksballer89 provided of Shannon Sharpe's analysis on the situation and you'll understand why I brought up Kawhi.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurse fucked up twice.
Became Andy Reid and called a timeout with the momentum and a fading Dubs team. And it was a tv timeout so it seemed to be like five minutes.
Then he failed to call a timeout with 16 seconds left to play and the ball to setup a play for the final shot.

Nurse actually called back-to-back timeouts there. His reasoning was that he was going to lose those two timeouts when the game goes under 3 minutes and he wanted to give his players a rest for the final push.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nurse actually called back-to-back timeouts there. His reasoning was that he was going to lose those two timeouts when the game goes under 3 minutes and he wanted to give his players a rest for the final push.

I understand his logic.

But there are times when a lost TO is preferable to a used TO.

This was one.

Warriors were on the ropes. Raptors had momentum and adrenaline on their side.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Calling it now (caveat I'm super :doobs:)

They are gonna win one for the mutherfucking Gipper (old Reagan movie) and win game 7. Do it for Johnny! (The Outsiders)

Now watch this fucking link before you say another god damned word about KD and what happened and who's to 'blame'. I dare you to not cry like you're watching a Brian's Song/Field of Dreams marathon...

My only observation is that guy sucks at public speaking.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty damning.

The other thing of note is there are many states between California and New York. Why not go to Oregon? Why not go to Washington? How about Arizona? Or perhaps Utah? He could go to Nevada and place a bet on his team coming back to win it all?

No.....he goes to New York. I’m thinking it’s possible that he might be visiting with people involved with the knicks and the nets on the side. Seeing if they’re still interested in him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing of note is there are many states between California and New York? Why not go to Oregon? Why not go to Washington? How about Arizona? Or perhaps Utah? He could go to Nevada and place a bet on his team coming back to win it all?

No.....he goes to New York. I’m thinking it’s possible that he might be visiting with people involved with the knicks and the nets on the side. Seeing if they’re still interested in him.

I would imagine they're still interested in him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nicely done!

You deflected, while simultaneously trying to engage me in another argument.

We all have a lot to learn here.
Gonna keep it going to see how long I can make you dance and keep it going.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm sure that if Casey was coaching, Milwaukee may be the team in the Finals right now.
Another Extreme Guy comment? You're sure?

Extreme Guy leader was sure Milwaukee would take care of Toronto then at least 2 from GS. when's the last time Casey lost to a team in playoffs that didn't have Lebron on it?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand his logic.

But there are times when a lost TO is preferable to a used TO.

This was one.

Warriors were on the ropes. Raptors had momentum and adrenaline on their side.
He learned from Casey so blame him.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Extreme Guy comment? You're sure?

Extreme Guy leader was sure Milwaukee would take care of Toronto then at least 2 from GS. when's the last time Casey lost to a team in playoffs that didn't have Lebron on it?

The last 2 years they met the Cavs in the 2nd round. They probably would've lost to other teams as well. They almost lost to my Heat in the 2nd round, and that was when we were without Bosh due to blood clots. Casey's playoff history isn't exactly brimming with success.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe how much Cavs talk has happened in this thread.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t believe how much Cavs talk has happened in this thread.

Some of it is Cavs fans who are trying to pretend the Cavs are still relevant.

Most of it is arguer guy with his childish bullshit.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last 2 years they met the Cavs in the 2nd round. They probably would've lost to other teams as well. They almost lost to my Heat in the 2nd round, and that was when we were without Bosh due to blood clots. Casey's playoff history isn't exactly brimming with success.
OK, but my point stands.....when's the last time he lost to a team not led by Lebron? Nurse "almost lost" to Philly...no one seems to hold it against him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of it is Cavs fans who are trying to pretend the Cavs are still relevant.

Most of it is arguer guy with his childish bullshit.
crying about Cavs talk then continuing it?

Here's a flash...nearly everyone here argues. A lot.

Ya gotta love this forum.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, but my point stands.....when's the last time he lost to a team not led by Lebron? Nurse "almost lost" to Philly...no one seems to hold it against him.

Well, Casey almost lost to the Heat post-Lebron where we were missing Bosh. So....yeah.

And again, I'm not saying Nurse is the next Popovich. But so far, he appears to be an upgrade over Casey.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Casey almost lost to the Heat post-Lebron where we were missing Bosh. So....yeah.

And again, I'm not saying Nurse is the next Popovich. But so far, he appears to be an upgrade over Casey.
And I'm not saying he's not. Just that it's kind of hard to make an apples/apples comparison as to what they've done so far.

Also disagree with Extreme Guy comments like "definitely better" or "far better" (not saying you made them in this discussion).