• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: NBA FINALS!!! SA vs MIA

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow NBA really trying to fuck MIA.

1st they sabotage the AC in SA, now for game 3 they assigned Tony Brothers and some body assassinated Norris Cole's chef.

WTF Silver, you were supposed to be better than Stern.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the last time.
I, me, never said it cost the Heat the game. Others did. They are entitled to their opinions, just as you are.
The Spurs shot 87%, the Heat folded. They earned the victory.

Now though, if the "little while" meant nothing, then why move the fans out of storage and into the locker room?
see? STILL making a point of it:rollseyes:if it didn't matter in your eyes(as you SAY), then WHY KEEP BRINGING IT UP...?

Also, like I said earlier, I think the bigger advantage was Pops knowing FOR SURE the conditions weren't changing where Spoelstra (although he should have figured it out) didn't.

1) how does Pops KNOW this...?

2)both coaches should've assumed this. who knew WHEN the A/C was gonna work again...?

It let him much better plan out his substitution pattern.

k, so it didn't matter, but it DID matter. which is it, Turnip...?:L

My very best guess is that Spoelstra would have handled James' minutes a bit differently if he had known.

refer to my last line...:doh:

Like I said, he should have been smart enough to anticipate it wasn't changing, so a big chunk IMO does fall on his shoulders.

yet in the same breath you are of the mind that Pops KNEW the A/C wasn't gonna get turned back on that game. uh kay...:noidea:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet in the same breath you are of the mind that Pops KNEW the A/C wasn't gonna get turned back on that game. uh kay...:noidea:

Yes.
I'm not going to go back and forth with you anymore on it, you seem uniformed on what happened though, but YES, the Spurs were told IN THE FIRST QTR that the AC would not be fixed.
The Heat were not told.

Do you think they just forgot to mention it to them, or attempted to use it as an advantage?:noidea:

And I never said it didn't matter, obviously it did.
I said it didn't cost them the game.
They still were in a position to win.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Melo joining the Heat? With what cap space? The most likely scenario is your 'big 3' will re-sign with the heat. Even with them taking a discount they'll still have spent $40m+ on just three players
Is Melo going to sign for the vets minimum when he can easily get $20m a year playing for the Bulls, Celtics, or god forbid, the Lakers?

And I'M supposed to be drunk?

Basic NBA dude, do your homework :L

Report: LeBron James 'interested' in playing with Carmelo Anthony - CBSSports.com

Right on cue.
What a coincidence:rollseyes:

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, it looks like Miami is finishing out the string with Lebron

I wonder if the league will fine the Lakers.

It seems like Lebron and Carmelo will handpick their future coach in Lakerland....that seems like tampering.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like Lebron and Carmelo will handpick their future coach in Lakerland....that seems like tampering.

Delaying a coaching hire in hopes that players acquired in the future can give input is tampering? That's the opposite of tampering. Tampering would be getting input from those players before you acquired them in order to avoid delaying the hire.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and i'm 'interested' in ploughing Kaley Cuoco.

But unless Melo decides to take a $15m a year pay cut that neither is gonna happen.

Seriously?
Where do you come up with this shit?

You or I have no idea what the potential needed sacrifice would be.

And, I never said it was going to happen, so please stop with your certainty that it isn't.

All I know for sure, is that I have heard from some people who have always been very accurate when speaking,
that Anthony coming here is very much on the table and a distinct possibility.
Too much smoke to not be any fire.

As far as the Laker stuff, if they wanted James, there best chance would have been to accommodate Howard however needed, and let Kobe choose to not resign unless he would settle for about 1/3 of what he will make the next 2 seasons.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?
Where do you come up with this shit?

You or I have no idea what the potential needed sacrifice would be.

And, I never said it was going to happen, so please stop with your certainty that it isn't.

All I know for sure, is that I have heard from some people who have always been very accurate when speaking,
that Anthony coming here is very much on the table and a distinct possibility.
Too much smoke to not be any fire.

As far as the Laker stuff, if they wanted James, there best chance would have been to accommodate Howard however needed, and let Kobe choose to not resign unless he would settle for about 1/3 of what he will make the next 2 seasons.

Really? I know what a salary cap is, you apparently don't.

TRIPLE 777

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SPURS WONT BE ABLE TO TURN OFF THE A/C TONITE

anyways, gotta bounce up outta here. once again hoping to be back in time for the game, but it's been REAL busy lately, so we'll see...

hey, what if the A/C goes out tonight...?:lol:

The SPURS WILL LOSE GAME 3.and 4
The SERIES WILL BE WON IN MIAMi.
HEAT in 6...WORD.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I know what a salary cap is, you apparently don't.

I understand it very well.
I also understand that the Big 3 have not only used the word sacrifice since Day 1, but have lived by it.

Did you not read Boshs' quote from about a week ago?

It might very well come down to the word sacrifice IF it gets to that point.

While your at it, go back and read Anthony's words on the importance of winning vs cash.
Let's see if he means what he says, or is just blowing smoke out of his ass.

Hey, I get it, you guys think Kobe should be the highest paid player in the league because of his past.:clap:

How nice of you.
Enjoy that 7th pick next month!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand it very well.
I also understand that the Big 3 have not only used the word sacrifice since Day 1, but have lived by it.

Did you not read Boshs' quote from about a week ago?

It might very well come down to the word sacrifice IF it gets to that point.

While your at it, go back and read Anthony's words on the importance of winning vs cash.
Let's see if he means what he says, or is just blowing smoke out of his ass.

Hey, I get it, you guys think Kobe should be the highest paid player in the league because of his past.:clap:

How nice of you.
Enjoy that 7th pick next month!

:laugh3: There was no sacrifice. Stop with that. It makes u look like a true Homer. All 3 are in the Top 10 in salary. Only player even close to a sacrifice is Wade who left about 4-5 million a year on the table. Other took 1-2 million a year pay cut.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs win tonight. Spurs by 8+. LBJ goes back to being LBJ and he has a good game but nothing crazy. He will sit back in the 1st like he always does have a good 2nd Q ok 3rd and a good 4th but late in the game he will give the ball away like he did last game. That is who he is. Nothing wrong with it.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3: There was no sacrifice. Stop with that. It makes u look like a true Homer. All 3 are in the Top 10 in salary. Only player even close to a sacrifice is Wade who left about 4-5 million a year on the table. Other took 1-2 million a year pay cut.

How much money you make doesn't change the worth of that money as drastically as people want to think. Scoffing at a million dollars is comical.

I wonder how you'd feel about a 10-15% paycut.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs win tonight. Spurs by 8+. LBJ goes back to being LBJ and he has a good game but nothing crazy. He will sit back in the 1st like he always does have a good 2nd Q ok 3rd and a good 4th but late in the game he will give the ball away like he did last game. That is who he is. Nothing wrong with it.

Actually he is the most clutch player in the league since coming into the league, but he loves to pass especially when he gets doubled late. He makes the right decision, there is a difference

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much money you make doesn't change the worth of that money as drastically as people want to think. Scoffing at a million dollars is comical.

I wonder how you'd feel about a 10-15% paycut.

So would Melo take a 55/60% pay cut?