• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that turned him off in Miami is he did not have confidence Arison would, so there's that. Guy spent more in tax over a 3 year period than every team COMBINED.

Didn't Miami let Brogdon go partly because they didn't want to pay him and Middleton?

Don't know and don't care about Miami's situation. I just know that Dan Gilbert didn't do anything different than other owners serious about winning a title. Also, D-Wade starting to breakdown physically was part of the reason he left too.

And Lebron signed deals designed to hold Gilbert's feet to the fire the entire time he was there to make sure that Gilbert spent whatever was necessary. So there's that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Miami came out really good and it appeared they were in control until the Lakers applied their defense.

Yep, and that's the point where the Heat suddenly realized just how big the Lakers are and it threw them off.

The Lakers had the same thing happen to them in Game 1 vs. the Rockets. They couldn't prepare for the Rockets speed until they saw it live and had to try to defend it.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, fuck.

Hopefully this is some gamesmanship on the part of the Heat and at least Bam plays.

Yeah I'll be super disappointed if he and goran play only a half l or 3 quarters of this series

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'll be super disappointed if he and goran play only a half l or 3 quarters of this series

Same. I wanted them at full strength.

And if we could bring back D-Wade and Kobe...that too.

But the Lakers get to keep Lebron. lol

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really sure anyone has called him a genius. Like Lebron, I don't really like the guy. But also like Lebron I can appreciate what he did to help the team I cheer for win a title (play in Lebron's case, spend in Gilbert's).

Let me let you in on a little secret. Trashing wiggy is a regular thing around here. Why? Because he deserves all of it. Stop taking jokes about that former LeBron nut-swinger seriously.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we're going to start that, let's go all the way back through history and start diminishing titles.

Sorry, @logic that title you got in '89 against the Lakers without Magic and Byron Scott...asterisk.

May as well throw one on the one you got against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers too because of Karl Malone getting hurt.

Oh, and sorry @Wamu, @Gman and @LogicMan I'm gonna be going over the Celtics titles too. You can expect a few asterisks.

Do we have any Houston Rockets fans here? Because those back to backs y'all got when MJ was playing baseball...asterisks.

Oh and Bulls fans, that first title with MJ...that was against a Lakers team that had no business being there...asterisk.
So did someone say this years title should have an asterisk ?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know and don't care about Miami's situation. I just know that Dan Gilbert didn't do anything different than other owners serious about winning a title. Also, D-Wade starting to breakdown physically was part of the reason he left too.

And Lebron signed deals designed to hold Gilbert's feet to the fire the entire time he was there to make sure that Gilbert spent whatever was necessary. So there's that.

There is def some bad blood between him and Gilbert lol...(Gilbert is also a know Trump supporter hosted the Republican national Convention) And Ohio is not a blue state. I think all that had part in Lebron going to LA

Gilbert wins at basically everything he does, but i guess he may have still been bitter about that letter

BTW Gilbert is now the 17th richest man in America, he better start buying some players ASAP, guy can afford it now pretty easily

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is def some bad blood between him and Gilbert lol...(Gilbert is also a know Trump supporter hosted the Republican national Convention) And Ohio is not a blue state. I think all that had part in Lebron going to LA

Gilbert wins at basically everything he does, but i guess he may have still been bitter about that letter

BTW Gilbert is now the 17th richest man in America, he better start buying some players ASAP, guy can afford it now pretty easily

Ohio is as purple as purple gets.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we're going to start that, let's go all the way back through history and start diminishing titles.

Sorry, @logic that title you got in '89 against the Lakers without Magic and Byron Scott...asterisk.

May as well throw one on the one you got against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers too because of Karl Malone getting hurt.

Oh, and sorry @Wamu, @Gman and @LogicMan I'm gonna be going over the Celtics titles too. You can expect a few asterisks.

Do we have any Houston Rockets fans here? Because those back to backs y'all got when MJ was playing baseball...asterisks.

Oh and Bulls fans, that first title with MJ...that was against a Lakers team that had no business being there...asterisk.
In my unbiased opinion, every Laker title ever gotten is a sham.

There, I said it.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my unbiased opinion, every Laker title ever gotten is a sham.

There, I said it.

Not sure I can say every title's been a sham. But there are some. The titles in '49, '50, '52, '53 and '54 don't count because they were won in Minneapolis. And for obvious reasons the '85, '87 and '10 seasons are invalid.