• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've yet to provide a accurate and intelligent counter-argument.
we'll just have to agree to disagree. until i see more from AD, to me, he is NOT the better player.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He does the same thing in the politics room where he fits in really good with the other douche bags in there
lol! look at you chiming in, tiddly-winks! as if you have a functioning brain on ANY subject:clap:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concept of a salary cap really escapes some people. Balmer's the richest owner by far in the NBA, and he still doesn't have a title.

And he bought a pretty good team. The salary cap is not a hard cap, although i could be wrong.

If you are a rich owner you are a lot more likely to buy a player than sell a player for cap relief, savings...So i think the amount your owner is willing to spend makes a big deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks owner is a massive cheapskate...Partially why they are always so bad

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucky is basically "semi-banned".

He can be tagged in posts, he can log in, but he can't respond.

Do we know if he has logged in? I would think he's gone entirely.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2 seasons?

I think Miami going to give him a huge 1 year deal this year but next summer, I think he's fair game for anyone who wants him but he'll also be 35 going on 36

Well, the Lakers seem to be doing well with old people. Maybe the Lakers have discovered the fountain of youth. I mean, look at Jeanie. She's about my age and :drool: lol

I actually had forgotten Dragic is that old.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he bought a pretty good team. The salary cap is not a hard cap, although i could be wrong.

If you are a rich owner you are a lot more likely to buy a player than sell a player for cap relief, savings...So i think the amount your owner is willing to spend makes a big deal. I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks owner is a massive cheapskate...Partially why they are always so bad
The salary cap is not a hard cap - there's just a luxury tax involved, which has added punitive measures.

But that's not the problem. The problem is is that you can't just buy a roster full of all-stars. Cleveland was able to pull off what they did because they had enough room to sign Lebron as most of their guys were on rookie contracts (TT and Kyrie). They then could trade off Wiggins to bring in Love. You can resign your guys and go over the cap so long as you have their Bird rights.

This is the reason that everytime Wiggy would bring up Gilbert's net worth, you'd get a collective eye roll. Your net worth only comes into play if you're willing to deal with the luxury tax. Being the richest owner doesn't allow you to just buy the most expensive roster and stack the deck. The system's designed to prevent against that.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we'll just have to agree to disagree. until i see more from AD, to me, he is NOT the better player.

He's got the most impressive stat line in the Finals this year. Meanwhile, we saw the Nuggets own Kawhi in the 2nd round. AD's the better player. Just accept it.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there have been a couple. Plus the "Lebron has had the easiest path to the finals" shit has started.
A win is a win. When Lebron picked Lakers I was pretty sure he would win one It’s number 17.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A win is a win. When Lebron picked Lakers I was pretty sure he would win one It’s number 17.

lol

Haven't you heard, when Kobe died, the league was going to make damn sure that the Lakers won the title.

Not making that up. That was actually posted.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

Haven't you heard, when Kobe died, the league was going to make damn sure that the Lakers won the title.

Not making that up. That was actually posted.
I think it’s reasonable to think the Finals is not going to be A memorable one. The series was over for sure after game 1 injuries . But you had to get there in order to play in the finals. And Lakers were favored. It’s number 17 and it’s legit. I just would not over celebrate it.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolling. You probably should have spent more time with handi when he was here. Because you really are pretty terrible at it.
but, i'm really not trolling. i sincerely disagree with heatles contention. but whatever.

here:
9245608-olive-branch.jpg

an olive branch. i'm done, i won't comment further.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it’s reasonable to think the Finals is not going to be A memorable one. The series was over for sure after game 1 injuries . But you had to get there in order to play in the finals. And Lakers were favored. It’s number 17 and it’s legit. I just would not over celebrate it.

I agree. My point is, there have been all kinds of titles won that could be questioned if we want to do that.