• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I'm not the type that makes excuses for injuries. But, if we're going to start dissecting accolades, let's call it what it is. Golden State likely wins the Finals with a completely healthy roster last year.

And if we're going to start that, let's go all the way back through history and start diminishing titles.

Sorry, @logic that title you got in '89 against the Lakers without Magic and Byron Scott...asterisk.

May as well throw one on the one you got against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers too because of Karl Malone getting hurt.

Oh, and sorry @Wamu, @Gman and @LogicMan I'm gonna be going over the Celtics titles too. You can expect a few asterisks.

Do we have any Houston Rockets fans here? Because those back to backs y'all got when MJ was playing baseball...asterisks.

Oh and Bulls fans, that first title with MJ...that was against a Lakers team that had no business being there...asterisk.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling a goddamn thing. Just telling the truth. You would be, too, if Davis wasnt a Laker.

Yes you are. You never post here and now all of the sudden you're in here trying to troll.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we're going to start that, let's go all the way back through history and start diminishing titles.

Sorry, @logic that title you got in '89 against the Lakers without Magic and Byron Scott...asterisk.

May as well throw one on the one you got against the Kobe/Shaq Lakers too because of Karl Malone getting hurt.

Oh, and sorry @Wamu, @Gman and @LogicMan I'm gonna be going over the Celtics titles too. You can expect a few asterisks.

Do we have any Houston Rockets fans here? Because those back to backs y'all got when MJ was playing basketball...asterisks.

Oh and Bulls fans, that first title with MJ...that was against a Lakers team that had no business being there...asterisk.

Don't forget about the Lakers '88 title. Zeke was playing on a fucked up ankle. **asterisk** :nod:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't forget about the Lakers '88 title. Zeke was playing on a fucked up ankle. **asterisk** :nod:

If Lebron doesn't crap himself in 2011, Heat win 3 straight. *Ignores Ray Allen's 3-point save in '13*

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sample size. LA was on fire in game 1. That doesn't negate what the Lakers accomplished in game 1, but it also doesn't represent a consistent stat that Dragic and Bam wouldn't have made a difference in this series.

Some people on here seem to think game 1 is a indicator
Basically, the Lakers shot way above their heads from 3 in game 1 (especially the first half) and then game 2 brought them back down to earth by them shooting it worse than usual. So between the 2 games, they're right about where they've been all season as far as 3 point percentage.

I don't know if the Heat would have won game 2 with Goran and Bam, but considering how the Lakers shot the 3, I'd have liked their chances a lot better.

You been one of the honest Lakers fans. Game 1 wasn't an indicator of how the series would go. As last night showed, lakers obviously aren't 30 points better than the heat.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt LeBron played poorly in those Finals.

Yup. But long term, it may have been better. He addressed some gaps in his game, then he just took off from there and hit that next level that allowed him to win titles.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans need to stop with this. The salary cap has been higher than it ever has been. So of course there were payroll records set. Pretty much every team that puts together 2 or 3 star players is going to either set a payroll record or come close to it.

Kudos to Dan for figuring out that he better not go cheap in Lebron's second stint. But he didn't do anything that any other owner with a shot at a title did or is doing.
One thing that turned him off in Miami is he did not have confidence Arison would, so there's that. Guy spent more in tax over a 3 year period than every team COMBINED.

Didn't Miami let Brogdon go partly because they didn't want to pay him and Middleton?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans opining Gilbert again as some great champion with out of the box thinking again ? :laugh3:
uh, no...Cavs fan saying Gilbert will never let money get in the way of improving the team...because he hasn't.

Thanks for playing, though.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. So yer sayin' Gilbert isn't some kinda genius? Has anyone informed wiggy about this yet?
Not really sure anyone has called him a genius. Like Lebron, I don't really like the guy. But also like Lebron I can appreciate what he did to help the team I cheer for win a title (play in Lebron's case, spend in Gilbert's).

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a better chance LJ will retire as Miami player unless he gets another ring after the one he is going to get here in Los Angeles
No disagreement...but think if he moves on it's to go where his son is.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people on here seem to think game 1 is a indicator

You been one of the honest Lakers fans. Game 1 wasn't an indicator of how the series would go. As last night showed, lakers obviously aren't 30 points better than the heat.

I chalk game 1 up to the Heat having a lot of young guys who had never been to the finals before and getting a little shell shocked at the Lakers size. Things started to snowball and by the time the Heat adjusted, it was way too late.

They were much better prepared last night.

And no, the Lakers aren't 30 points better than the Heat.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chalk game 1 up to the Heat having a lot of young guys who had never been to the finals before and getting a little shell shocked at the Lakers size. Things started to snowball and by the time the Heat adjusted, it was way too late.

They were much better prepared last night.

And no, the Lakers aren't 30 points better than the Heat.
That was a given.. Common sense told me that no team would ever win every game by 30...

That being said... I thought Miami came out really good and it appeared they were in control until the Lakers applied their defense. Miami made some great adjustments and who knows if they would have won with everyone healthy... Personally I think they would have won a couple and made the Lakers earn it