• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a better chance LJ will retire as Miami player unless he gets another ring after the one he is going to get here in Los Angeles

It'll be interesting with Lebron.

Unless something drastic happens, he's not retiring as a Laker.

Between Cleveland and Miami...the Cavs are his hometown team and where he spent most of his career. He was also able to deliver a championship to the fans. But he hates Dan Gilbert.

But, he was most successful in Miami and that's where he learned how to win titles.

All 3 will likely retire his number.

But whether he goes into the HoF as a Cav or Heat will be interesting.

You'd think Cavs...but I'm not sure it's a slam dunk.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

Miami played well last night, had we had Bam and Dragic, this series may be tied right now. But that's the way it is, no excuses, no "asterisks".

@bksballer89 even pointed out that when the Heat and Lakers were stagnant on offense heading into the 4th, Dragic is usually the one that creates offensive opportunities in situations like that. We were missing that, significantly.

If anyone tries to say this title will be diminished needs to get their head checked.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,014.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Between Cleveland and Miami...the Cavs are his hometown team and where he spent most of his career. He was also able to deliver a championship to the fans. But he hates Dan Gilbert.

But, he was most successful in Miami and that's where he learned how to win titles.

I really would like to see him retire as a Cav. I think he means soo much to that city since he brought the city it’s first championship. Yes he brought titles to Miami and LA but it wasn’t there first and if I’m not mistaking isn’t he from Cleveland. Just a great homecoming story

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know exactly where LeBron will finish he career. If he son is good enough to play in the NBA he'll finish his career with whoever drafts him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really would like to see him retire as a Cav. I think he means soo much to that city since he brought the city it’s first championship. Yes he brought titles to Miami and LA but it wasn’t there first and if I’m not mistaking isn’t he from Cleveland. Just a great homecoming story

LeBron is not from Cleveland. And he hasn't brought a title to L.A. yet.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,014.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is not from Cleveland. And he hasn't brought a title to L.A. yet.
But Cleveland is in Ohio and he’s from Akron which is in Ohio so it was kind of a homecoming story

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think that in the end, he'll go into the Hall as a Cav. I just don't think it's a sure thing and I wouldn't be completely shocked if he went in as a Heat.

I agree that going in as a Cav would definitely be the best story as well. He's from Akron, so the Cavs would be considered his hometown team and brought Cleveland it's first major championship in over 50 years.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he hasn't brought a title to L.A. yet.

Number 17 on tuesday

happy grin GIF

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Cleveland is in Ohio and he’s from Akron which is in Ohio so it was kind of a homecoming story

You said in previous comment you thought he was from Cleveland. It can't be a "homecoming story" when his home isn't Cleveland.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i expect the haters will go that route. let 'em...

Sadly they will show up. I for one will be looking forward to making fun of them. And yes I'm a card carrying member of the Lakers Haters Club (Go Celtics!). But this is different. I wouldn't diminish the Lakers title.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know exactly where LeBron will finish he career. If he son is good enough to play in the NBA he'll finish his career with whoever drafts him.

So which team is that?

You did say exactly, so now you have to tell us who is going to draft Bronny.

Shouldn’t be too difficult to predict where a 16 year old will be drafted.

Seriously though, say Bronny is a projected 2nd round pick and you are in a spot like the Celtics this year. Contending roster, mid first round draft pick from somebody else.

Do you draft Bronny in hopes of luring Bron?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone tries to say this title will be diminished needs to get their head checked.

Agreed. I can't be mad at Lakers fans. The injuries that Miami sustained are just part of the game. If it was LA that was done 2 of 3 of Lebron/AD/Rondo, this series would probably be 2-0 the other way. I'd be damned if someone tried to place an asterisk. My only complaint is I wanted to see the barometer for how good this Miami team was and if could take the Lakers 6. That's likely not happening, and as a result, we're all cheated out of what could've been a really good series.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So which team is that?

You did say exactly, so now you have to tell us who is going to draft Bronny.

Shouldn’t be too difficult to predict where a 16 year old will be drafted.

Seriously though, say Bronny is a projected 2nd round pick and you are in a spot like the Celtics this year. Contending roster, mid first round draft pick from somebody else.

Do you draft Bronny in hopes of luring Bron?

Draft Bronny in hopes of luring LeBron?

Chi-McBride-Oh-Hell-No.gif

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To be clear, when I say "retire", I don't mean retire from basketball...I mean the team he goes into the Hall of Fame representing. He may very well retire from basketball as a Laker. But unless something drastic happens, he won't go in as a Laker.

He may very well decide to retire at the end of his current contract or maybe sign for another season or 2 after this if he's still play at a high level and he and AD can still contend together.