• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear, when I say "retire", I don't mean retire from basketball...I mean the team he goes into the Hall of Fame representing. He may very well retire from basketball as a Laker. But unless something drastic happens, he won't go in as a Laker.

He may very well decide to retire at the end of his current contract or maybe sign for another season or 2 after this if he's still play at a high level and he and AD can still contend together.

I honestly think he'll retire after Bronny's rookie year in the NBA. He's expressed a desire to play in the league with his kid (I'm assuming he'll make it in).

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wrong. Kawhi will eventually get the clippers over the hump and lead them to a title, winning a title with three different teams. AD couldnt do that in his wildest dreams. AD couldnt really much of a damn thing until he had Lebron friggin James as his teammate (except get hurt every time the wind blows). You dont like that? Suck my cock

Who was AD's best teammate in NO? Now, would you say that Kawhi had a great situation in San Antonio? How did Toronto do this year without Kawhi? Last I checked Toronto made it just as far in the playoffs than Kawhi did.

AD may not have a good playoff resume prior to Lebron. But this is the first time we saw Kawhi in a situation that wasn't tailor made for him, and he and his team flagrantly fumbled it away. And I'll also go on record of saying that Kawhi will never win a title in LA. Not if Lebron/AD are there for 2-3 more years.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its around the corner and even when Miami Head had Drogic and Bam, they lost.. They had a chance to get a win and blew it

They didn't blow anything. Lakers superstars did what they're supposed to do when role players are not playing well. Not sure how that come out to Miami blowing the game but ok

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, AD's such as scrub for not winning a title with Jrue Holliday. What a joke of a player.

Kawhi had to carry Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker and Pop. Those guys had never done shit prior to Kawhi coming on board.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They didn't blow anything. Lakers superstars did what they're supposed to do when role players are not playing well. Not sure how that come out to Miami blowing the game but ok

Sample size. LA was on fire in game 1. That doesn't negate what the Lakers accomplished in game 1, but it also doesn't represent a consistent stat that Dragic and Bam wouldn't have made a difference in this series.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, AD's such as scrub for not winning a title with Jrue Holliday. What a joke of a player.

Kawhi had to carry Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobli, Tony Parker and Pop. Those guys had never done shit prior to Kawhi coming on board.

And don't forget how Kawhi singlehandedly beat the Warriors who had a completely healthy Steph, Klay and KD.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't forget how Kawhi singlehandedly beat the Warriors who had a completely healthy Steph, Klay and KD.

Yup. I'm not the type that makes excuses for injuries. But, if we're going to start dissecting accolades, let's call it what it is. Golden State likely wins the Finals with a completely healthy roster last year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And don't forget the '15 Warriors beat a 100% healthy Cavs team. I'm bored.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sample size. LA was on fire in game 1. That doesn't negate what the Lakers accomplished in game 1, but it also doesn't represent a consistent stat that Dragic and Bam wouldn't have made a difference in this series.

Basically, the Lakers shot way above their heads from 3 in game 1 (especially the first half) and then game 2 brought them back down to earth by them shooting it worse than usual. So between the 2 games, they're right about where they've been all season as far as 3 point percentage.

I don't know if the Heat would have won game 2 with Goran and Bam, but considering how the Lakers shot the 3, I'd have liked their chances a lot better.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defending AD and making anyone else take that shot comes to mind

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I'm not the type that makes excuses for injuries. But, if we're going to start dissecting accolades, let's call it what it is. Golden State likely wins the Finals with a completely healthy roster last year.

And at worst, it would probably have been a gentlemen's sweep.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're another moron with no clue about basketball just trying to troll.
I'm not trolling a goddamn thing. Just telling the truth. You would be, too, if Davis wasnt a Laker.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you lost? You're not an NBA fan. And you're a terrible troll.
Who the fuck are you?? Piss off, pissant

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not trolling a goddamn thing. Just telling the truth. You would be, too, if Davis wasnt a Laker.

You've yet to provide a accurate and intelligent counter-argument.