• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Duncan get the shitty end of the stick often on defense. Refs call him for lots of bs fouls

Who was the dumbass ref that T'd Duncan up for laughing on the bench and challenged him to a fight? Can't remember his name.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Duncan get the shitty end of the stick often on defense. Refs call him for lots of bs fouls

Part of it is name recognition which is BS.

The other part, which is legit is that he is just very unathletic by NBA standards. He competes really hard though. So often he finds himself slightly out of position and trying to catch up to the play.

Those situations tend to lead to a lot of touch fouls because by rule, if contact occurs and the defender is not in legal guarding position, the foul is on the defender.

I have said I don’t like that rule, but that is why he gets more foul calls against him than most.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that i see the actual quote. What a crybaby Vogel is This is a type of comment you expect to see from fans....not a player or coach. He also clearly doesn't know the rule of verticality. Jumping into the defender is far from perfect

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who was the dumbass ref that T'd Duncan up for laughing on the bench and challenged him to a fight? Can't remember his name.

It's the celebrity ref. I forgot his name too. I hated him with a passion.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that i see the actual quote. What a crybaby Vogel is This is a type of comment you expect to see from fans....not a player or coach. He also clearly doesn't know the rule of verticality. Jumping into the defender is far from perfect

You think he would given how often this was brought up during Heat Pacers series with Roy Hibbert back in the Big 3 era.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we need to cool it with all of the foul/non-foul stuff. Especially when this went uncalled.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we need to cool it with all of the foul/non-foul stuff. Especially when this went uncalled.

Crowder shouldn't have put his face in front of AD's fist. :heh:

Jokes aside that was bad. And yet another call those awful refs missed.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've ever saw Harden leave it all on the line in a playoffs game as Jimmy done in games 2-5 of this series and especially in games 3 and 5.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I've ever saw Harden leave it all on the line in a playoffs game as Jimmy done in games 2-5 of this series and especially in games 3 and 5.

Only thing Harden has on Butler is that he's the better 3-point shooter. Butler's the very definition of a 2-way player. Harden's defense doesn't even come close to Jimmy's.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing Harden has on Butler is that he's the better 3-point shooter. Butler's the very definition of a 2-way player. Harden's defense doesn't even come close to Jimmy's.

Harden couldn't guard a shooting rack. His D is truly embarrassing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to Rich Paul and Klutch, he was dealing with a team that did not want to trade with him. There was speculation that the Pels were willing to take less than what the Lakers offered just out of spite. Fortunately, for both teams, Griffin wasn't part of the whole thing with Klutch and was able to look at it through untainted eyes and took the best deal.

As for Kawhi...what were they supposed to do? Not try to get him. From what was reported it was between the Lakers and Clippers. Kawhi didn't want tro do the "superteam thing", but wouild have if the Clippers couldn't get PG. Additionally, from what's been reported, the Clippers gave up more for PG than the Lakers did for AD.

Who got the better return on their investment so far?
I don't blame them for adding filler after failing to land Kawhi, and sure they should have tried to get him.....but dealing pretty much every asset other than Lebron and Kuzma for AD and signing filler does not a GM of the Year make IMO.

agree Lakers got better ROI for AD than Clips did for PG but only because Lakers struck out on Kawhi and as you say...should the Clps not have gone after him? Ideally for them was if Kawhi just joined what they already had.