• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden couldn't guard a shooting rack. His D is truly embarrassing.

To be fair, his d got much better over the last 2 seasons. He at least try on defense now. Isn't as horrible as he was 4-5 years ago

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Heat to be a major pain in the ass for the Lakers tomorrow too. If I were to give my personal prediction I would say that the Lakers close out this one, but hey anything can happen.

Let's be honest, the game last night was fucking fantastic. Obviously it didn't go the way I had hoped, but it could have gone either way up until the very last 20 seconds. This was edge of your seat basketball and to be honest with you I kinda hope the same happens in game 6 (with the Lakers winning this time of course :D )

The only thing that would worry me if I were a Heat fan is that Jimmy will probably have to have a similar performance in game 6 in order to force a game 7. He played for 47 last game; does he have the stamina to do it again?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like what Miami did. Just wish if it was Crowder instead of Jimmy. Dwight been doing that BS all playoffs long except for in the Houston series. In Portland he tried with Hassan then in Denver he tried it with Jokic. Sometimes you have to show these fake tough guys how pussy they really are. Dwight is no tough guy. This fake tough guy act he all of sudden trying to put on at this stage in his career is hilarious
fake toughguy like him definitely would have loved the 90s.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, his d got much better over the last 2 seasons. He at least try on defense now. Isn't as horrible as he was 4-5 years ago

True. But his lack of D throughtout his career is why I have a tough time saying he's one of the 5 best. In no order- LeBron, AD, Kawhi, Luka, Giannis. I think all 5 of them are better than Harden. Being a volume gunner shouldn't mean 1st team honors.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect the Heat to be a major pain in the ass for the Lakers tomorrow too. If I were to give my personal prediction I would say that the Lakers close out this one, but hey anything can happen.

Let's be honest, the game last night was fucking fantastic. Obviously it didn't go the way I had hoped, but it could have gone either way up until the very last 20 seconds. This was edge of your seat basketball and to be honest with you I kinda hope the same happens in game 6 (with the Lakers winning this time of course :D )

The only thing that would worry me if I were a Heat fan is that Jimmy will probably have to have a similar performance in game 6 in order to force a game 7. He played for 47 last game; does he have the stamina to do it again?
with no dog in the fight I definitely enjoyed it.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AD goes to the locker room with relatively minor injuries more than any player I have ever seen.

Not saying he is soft either. He just gets bumped and bruised a lot.
any fanduel players is certainly aware of this.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said Lakers in 6 before the Finals started. But wouldn't be surprised if it went 7. That dumbbell lebron23james thought it was funny I said 6 or 7 games. Does that clown even watch NBA games?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think they'll try to find a little more rest for him tmr. If they can give him 2.5 minutes off per half then that could make a big difference.

Amazing game last night and damn good series. Would be great if the stupid media stop acting like the Heat are some walk in the park for the Lakers because they're obviously aren't

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how Jimmy basically been matching Lebron the entire series
Cannot see him getting the MVP in a loss like many thought Lebron should have in 2015, but if he plays like this again and they lose Game 6 I could see him coming in 2nd.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But his lack of D throughtout his career is why I have a tough time saying he's one of the 5 best. In no order- LeBron, AD, Kawhi, Luka, Giannis. I think all 5 of them are better than Harden. Being a volume gunner shouldn't mean 1st team honors.
Luka over Durant and Steph?

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Lakers in 6 before the Finals started. But wouldn't be surprised if it went 7. That dumbbell lebron23james thought it was funny I said 6 or 7 games. Does that clown even watch NBA games?

I had 6 as well. The last three games have been very competitive and i've loved it.

I'd rather have a close 7 game series than a blowout sweep.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is fair.

But you are speaking out about flopping and Duncan is pretty egregious with the theatrical minimal contact flops from what I have seen.

And I don’t have a problem with that. Just making sure you know that KCP was not the only theatrical flopper last night.

Nothing changes my opinion on my original point. When players can be disqualified from a game, or have their minutes limited because of situations that can be corrected, then they should be corrected. Maybe change the challenge rules?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luka over Durant and Steph?

Right now yes. Luka's healthy. Steph should return to form and he gets his spot back. But KD had a really bad injury. Gotta see what he looks like when he returns. No guatantees he'll will be his old self.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a second year player. You really expect him to get calls? :pound:And last night Butler ran over Caruso and Caruso got called for the foul. But I'm sure you didn't have an issue with that.

You are missing the point. I was talking about flopping, not that starts often get the benefit of calls.
Now, to be fair, what year a player is or isn't, shouldn't dictate an official just making the correct call vs giving the benefit of the doubt to the higher profiled player.
Again, maybe expand the challenge rules.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Duncan get the shitty end of the stick often on defense. Refs call him for lots of bs fouls

Perfect example of one yesterday vs LeBron. Duncan was conceding the layup, raised his hands to avoid a foul and it was still called.
The stupid fouls in the same position vs Crowder have been correct. He reaches in to try to swat at the ball when he has no chance.

PPhan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now yes. Luka's healthy. Steph should return to form and he gets his spot back. But KD had a really bad injury. Gotta see what he looks like when he returns. No guatantees he'll will be his old self.
Got ya.