• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Miami Heat

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly, I don't mind those that much.

But the guys who flop when they aren't touched needs to be stopped. Some of those that Lebron has done, for example, were just beyond ridiculous.

A good rule change would be that if a call is reviewed and they find that it was a flop where he wasn't touched, that player should be assessed a foul.

Can you image a player fouling out over a reversed flop call?
I suppose that might make a player really think about it, but I think a better solution might be to handle it like a technical. One shot and the ball to the other team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said Lakers in 6 before the Finals started. But wouldn't be surprised if it went 7. That dumbbell lebron23james thought it was funny I said 6 or 7 games. Does that clown even watch NBA games?

He watches, but he doesn’t understand how the game works at all.

He thinks star power always wins out without consideration of chemistry, coaching and other factors.

AD and Bron are as formidable as any duo from the last 30 years. But the supporting cast in LA is limited, which makes the team beatable.

Still think the Lakers will win, but it won’t be easy.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing changes my opinion on my original point. When players can be disqualified from a game, or have their minutes limited because of situations that can be corrected, then they should be corrected. Maybe change the challenge rules?

I would be fine with more challenges.

Maybe the NFL rule? Each team gets 2 and you gain a 3rd if the first 2 are successful?

Also have the final minute automatically reviewed. Those calls are too important.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facts lol.

Lakers fans used to shit on him as well (it was deserved)
Have to be fair....no doubt Wiggy made some off base predictions, but many he gets ripped for he was far from alone on them.

baker better than Mahomes (or Lebron)? That's another story and the shit he takes for those is deserved.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe the NFL rule? Each team gets 2 and you gain a 3rd if the first 2 are successful?

Also have the final minute automatically reviewed. Those calls are too important.

Yeah I don't get the losing your only challenge after winning 1. The challenge rule need some adjustments.

I don't agree with the jump ball BS after winning a challenging either on crappy foul call by the refs. Give the team who won the challenge the ball.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they'll try to find a little more rest for him tmr. If they can give him 2.5 minutes off per half then that could make a big difference.

Amazing game last night and damn good series. Would be great if the stupid media stop acting like the Heat are some walk in the park for the Lakers because they're obviously aren't
I don't think they'll worry about his rest. I recall Lebron always said once he gets himself ready for a game amount of minutes doesn't matter for him. I mean, 45 over 32 might matter. But not 45-48 as opposed to 42. all the TV TOs in the Finals is the same as rest.

agree Heat have proven they belong.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As long as they are successful, why limit them?
If refs are bad, expose them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt they want MLB length games.

Yeah the best way to handle it IMO is 2 challenges but if you win the challenge then you don't lose it. Also, as @tlance suggested I would have refs review anything worth reviewing in the final minute.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, they were the correct calls too

I honestly don't remember the foul on Morris but the AD foul was correct.

Refs been solid this series. Been the normal bad calls throughout the games (on both sides) but nothing crazy at end of games.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the best way to handle it IMO is 2 challenges but if you win the challenge then you don't lose it. Also, as @tlance suggested I would have refs review anything worth reviewing in the final minute.
Not sure I'd want unlimited challenges even if successful. NFL allows 2 max and takes away TO if unsuccessful as I'm sure you know. I'd prefer something like that...but losing a TO not enough of a detriment in NBA. Maybe allow 4-5, but lose an extra one if unsuccessful?

agree with final minute.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

do I really need to with ratings lowest ever and top it off with key injuries in finals . Hockey had more interest . Baseball stole show with a March madness platform. Only way NBA saves itself is to give game back to coach!!!!