• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: NBA Finals. Cleveland vs. Golden State...

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Hill had made that shot - then yes, the Cavs would have been up by 1 point with 4.6 seconds on the clock - plenty of time for a good shot from Curry, Thompson or Durant - They had three that could hit a three.

If JR Smith, however had thrown the ball at the rim and made a relatively easy shot from a short distance, then the Cavs would have been up by two with perhaps 1 or 2 seconds left or maybe none. That's not to say The Warriors wouldn't have come back with 2 seconds and made a miracle shot - but I would take my chances with that - then giving a team like the Warriors a full five minutes on the clock

I thought from the beginning that the Cavaliers had a good chance to win 2 games and not just one like the others in here think - and with two wins- anything could happen for the other games - but I think this was one of their best chances to to get one of those two games. I still think the Cav's will get one game at home and maybe two though - Lebron is way to good to get swept

I think Durant probably stuffs JR there, but yeah, it's inexcusable to not try to win the game in the closing seconds.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like the Cavs chances better now with Love in the game, but I still think the Warriors will win it

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Durant probably stuffs JR there, but yeah, it's inexcusable to not try to win the game in the closing seconds.
I actually thought that JR Hill was intentionally running down the clock to go to overtime - If the Cav's had a time out left - they really should have used it - I don't think they had one left though

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs lost their opportunity to steal game one. Probably gonna get swept now.
I think they still get one at home - they are really tough to beat in Cleveland - but losing this lost opportunity denies them from going home with a tied series where they should be able to win one of their home games - then the Warriors would have to win their home game and beat them in Cleveland if they wanted to avoid a seven game series. No wonder Tyrone Lue is taking medicine for anxiety

Berkeley_Blues2.0

A-Political X-GOP X-Dem
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is too good to be true. I remember when Barry Bonds was too good to be true. These guys getting bigger, stronger and more dominant in their mid 30s? Honest minds must ask about PEDs?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is too good to be true. I remember when Barry Bonds was too good to be true. These guys getting bigger, stronger and more dominant in their mid 30s? Honest minds must ask about PEDs?
Bonds did steroids though - and the MLB was weak with their drug policy back then - I would like to think LeBron is not doing drugs or steroids and is the real deal - they get tested randomly to guarantee that

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but he was probably already pissed at JR, then there was all the trash talk going on, and then he gets ejected for challenging a shot that shouldn't have even been taken. Then Dray starts spouting off and he lost his cool. Not an excuse, just a chain of events. TT has to be smarter.
“Shouldn’t have even been taken”??

You realize there is a thing called the shot clock, right?

Reactions: LAD

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though I thought it was a block, that LBJ blocking shouldn't have been reviewed.

He was so far out of the restricted are that a replay was never necessary.

Refs really screwed Cleveland in that 4th.
So you acknowledge that the original call was bad. That it should not have been a foul on KD, and should have been a foul on LBJ.

But the CAVS got screwed because they ultimately got the call right.

O.....K.....

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need to wear goggles for Game 2, Dray's coming for them eyeballs. You have KD, Steph and Klay yet you still have to play dirty, sad.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's review here, shall we:

2016 - Lebron instigates Draymond. Draymond swipes at Lebron's testicals - gets a 1 game suspension.
Cleveland fans support it because Draymond of course is a thug in their eyes.

2018 - Draymond appears to taunt Thompson. Thompson punches/shoves basketball in Draymond's face. Cleveland fans point out that Curry threw a mouth piece and hit a fan (clearly accidental) and TT doesn't warrant a suspension.

You can't make up the hypocrisy.

Draymond got suspended because of an accumulation of flagrant foul points. TT's flagrant will almost certainly be rescinded today by the league office. No chance of suspension here.

Raw_Bee808

Gifted Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_p9mmp1cLwi1qc60jqo1_500.jpg

giphy.gif

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond green is very lucky that his teammates held him back.

Thompson would’ve killed him.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Told everyone about JR Smith, lowest BBall IQ Ive ever seen

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a subjective call, its not a clear-cut block in my opinion.

Misconception that you aren't allowed to move laterally. I mean, steve Javy said during and after the game that he thought it was a charge and his job is to back up the refs.

I wouldn't have a problem with either call in live action, its a 50-50 play that could go either way.

Defintely subjective. Definitely could have gone either way.

Regardless of whether or not it should have been reviewed, 2 things jump out to me:

1) I do lean block because LeBron did not take the contact squarely in his chest. He was rotating his shoulders. Had he squared KD up, it would have been a charge all the way.

2) because it wasn't certain, and even officials disagree on the ruling, perhaps it shouldn't have been over turned.