• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they were getting cocky. Not to be a dick but someone should tell LBJ he is 3-4 in Finals. Its not like he is 6-0 or something. He has lost more then he has won. I understand the frustration because of GS talking a lot of crap but overall he is still only 3-4 in Finals.

Umm well they just beat the team that beat them last year, won 73 games and had a 3-1 lead while talking an immense amount of while they were up. His Finals record has nothing to do with anything.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played an all-time great series, no question about it. They made history. They won twice in GS, something that hadn't been done in years. They took out the best single-season team in NBA history on their own homecourt in game 7 by stifling their record-breaking offense. I've also never owned a Lebron jersey.
historic. unbelievable

first team EVER to come back from a 3-1 deficit

to do that against the defending champs?

to do that against the defending champs that won the most games in league history? 73-9?

to do that agaisnt the reigning 2 time league MVP that many thought (incorrectly) had replaced LeBron as the best in the game?

to do that with the back drop of the Cleveland curse and 52 years of futility to weigh on you?

to do that with the added pressure of promising to win one for "The Land"?

one of the- if not the most spectacular accomplishments in North American sports history.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might slightly agree with this, but talking shit AFTER the fact? seems rather cheesy if you ask me...

just sayin'...

It's better than talking shit before you win the 4th and final game lol. And the Warriors talked shit last year after they won too so it's payback.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SUUUURRRRE I am...:rolleyes2:

do whatever it is that you HAVE to to make yourself feel better, even trying to flip the script. it isn't like you have anything better...:dhd:
guess I can understand SOMEWHAT after that long title drought out there. but man, this is getting just a TAD tedious, don't you think...?:heh:

oh wait, I got it. why don't you try and MAKE me leave? there. I believe I can communicate on your low level...:pound::pound:
Dear god I'm not even reading your posts anymore. Just leave the thread and go away. The offseason thread is stickied. Why are you still here?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm incredibly happy. I don't have to defend anything.

Don't get it twisted. You're the one swimming against the stream of sanity here.

Who said you weren't happy?
You also never said the Cavs played great ball, therefore no need for you to defend anything, right?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear god I'm not even reading your posts anymore. Just leave the thread and go away. The offseason thread is stickied. Why are you still here?

FINALLY...!!

damn sure took you a fuck-ton of time. just ooze away, useless...

"he won't give us our respect! WAAAAAHHHHH"....

sheesh...:rolleyes2:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron himself said this was by far his greatest accomplishment....its just self explanatory.

unbelievable. His legend just continues to grow. He just cant pass Jordan......not unless he reels off 4 more titles which just aint happening---- but before all is said and done I think he will be #2 of all time.

LeBron is 31 with 7 Finals appearances, 3 wins, 4 league MVP's, 3 Finals MVP's. Truly unbelievable.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is an ignore option, but that would limit your troll options.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not that hard.

Cavs played good enough to win.

Now that is over, Cavs fans want to make it out to be
spectacular ball vs just being happy with a spectacular accomplishment.

I agree. What the Cavs did was special and never done before. Good for them.

But the Cavs got away with hero ball while also allowing James to prove how great he is in terms of the Iguadola block.

Cavs went hero ball in the last few minutes. One would've thought the Warriors would win if you told them that the game was tied in the last couple of minutes in Oakland and Cavs were going back to hero ball with zero ball movement. Dubs offense just went ice cold. Also didn't help that Curry was trying to get cute with behind the back passes as well.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was actually hoping there could be a sign-and-trade. Completely spitballing and it's probably unrealistic for several reasons.

Don't think a sign-and-trade is possible with this current version of the CBA. Plus I don't think anyone has Batum's Bird Rights given he's only been in Charlotte for one year.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the Cavs got away with hero ball while also allowing James to prove how great he is in terms of the Iguadola block.

Cavs went hero ball in the last few minutes. One would've thought the Warriors would win if you told them that the game was tied in the last couple of minutes in Oakland and Cavs were going back to hero ball with zero ball movement. Dubs offense just went ice cold. Also didn't help that Curry was trying to get cute with behind the back passes as well.

IMO, it was the Warriors defensive scheme that caused the Cavs to play hero ball.

They stayed home on every shooter and almost never sent help to LeBron or Kyrie.

They essentially said "if you're going to beat us, Kyrie and LeBron are going to have to make it happen 1-on-1".

And they did.

Hero ball and iso ball gets a bad rap because teams fall to it when they shouldn't. But in some cases it is the best option.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comparing the 2 at all. I'm just saying leaving Miami stranded after all of their plan B options already had chosen their free agent destinations by the time he decided he's going back to Cleveland and expecting everyone in the Miami organization to still be buddy buddy with you is just delusional....and pretty stupid on Lebron's part.

I agree with this. The way he departed both teams was pretty shitty. It'd also be nice if the teams had the stones to say, "look, we understand that you have a choice to make, but we have to run a team here. We can give you until X date, and then we'll have to move forward without you."

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of things I was must frusterated about this season was people actually trying to say the Cavs were better off without Irving and playing more defensive lineups last season against Golden State.

Where @TurnUpTheHeat needs to pull his head out of his ass- is that he fails to understand the importance of the Cavs CONSTANTLY going at Curry on the offensive end. Last year Curry didnt have to do ANYTHING on the defensive end against Delly and the Cavs guards- shumpert was injured and couldnt shoot last year- Delly was done for....Curry didnt have to work AT ALL on the defensive end.

This year? Curry had to work his ass off. And after coming off a tough series against RW he wore down, his legs got tired- his different ailments caught up with him, and he lost his legs to a certain extent. BIG BIG DIFFERENCE between chasing around Dellavadova- and trying to stop Kyrie Irving.

Many people failed to understand that- or just chose not to- but it was CLEAR that Kyrie running Curry ragged at times effected Curry on the offensive end. Everyone just chose to ignore this that was not a Cavs fan last year and over this regular season. They cant ignore it anymore.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

EXACTLY! those final few minutes of the game where making a couple of shots made a WORLD of difference...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think anyone is trying to say the Cavs played perfect or that the Warriors didn't make any unforced errors. Its just bad form, imo, to go out of your way to preach that... which I think some have been doing on here the last couple days.

I feel 100% comfortable saying this because I avoided the temptation to discredit the Warriors last season when there was plenty of ammo available.

Go back and look at my posts from last season. All you'll find in the days and weeks after the Finals is me giving full credit to the Warriors and purposefully avoiding saying anything that might be viewed as trying to discredit their accomplishment.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw a couple links on Facebook that looked legit.
No idea whether they were or not, that's why I asked.

I got the impression that the rumors were of him enrolling them in public school. I've got close ties to the school that his kids go to in Ohio, and I can all but guarantee that if he does leave, his kids won't be in public school, but that's all I have on the rumors.

Status
Not open for further replies.