• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he's a #1 but he is no doubt a #1B or #2. He is a beast and on top of that his perimeter game isn't as good as Bosh or Love so it is harder to see that working with him as a 3rd option sitting outside shooting jumpshots all game
I think I'd be fine with that, though. We don't need a stretch 3, per se. He can hit those sort of shots when need be, which is fine. However, his defense and athleticism is what really puts him above Love, at least for what Cleveland needs from him.

I know it's a pipe dream and highly unlikely to happen, but it's what I'd want the most.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are gonna have to make some moves without a doubt.

Jr Smith is a free agent
Delly is a restricted FA
Mozgov is a restricted FA
Jefferson is retiring

Frye and Shumpert and Mo Williams are under contract but in this cap environment all have movable deals if the Cavs get an opportunity.

LeBron/Irving/Thompson are the heart and soul and guts of the team and the only 3 guys that will 100% be back. I think Smith is about 90% to be back- and Love about 90% to be back.

The Cavs could use a backup center who can protect the rim, a SF that can play some D and backup LeBron.....
Smith will be back IMO. He wants to be in Cleveland and I think the Cavs want him.

Delly and Mozgov, I can see gone. Especially Mozgov.

Frye, Shump and Mo all should be on the roster next year. They're excellent role players off the bench.

I'd love a SF to back up Lebron, perhaps Batum if we can move Love. He'd be a fantastic addition, and we could even play Lebron at 4 with him.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta scramble, folks.

Mrs Redfoot & I are heading down to Columbus tonight for dinner and to catch Peter Gabriel & Sting in the first show of their Rock, Paper, Scissors Tour. Pretty psyched.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes of course. I know you and turnup are going to stick to what you believe, as you should.

You have to realize, though, coming on here 1 day after a team wins the championship and describing them as "nothing special" - when you've been vocally cheering against them all season - is going to come off as sour grapes, fair or not. No way around that.

well, if you say so. but then I'M not the one waving one O'Brien in everyone's face like they FINALLY grew a dick. i'm STILL gonna say what I think. if no one likes that it's simple enough I would imagine to skip what i'm saying or put me on ignore. SHOULDN'T be that difficult...ESPECIALLY for those guys who just now crawled outta the woodwork around here...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith will be back IMO. He wants to be in Cleveland and I think the Cavs want him.

Delly and Mozgov, I can see gone. Especially Mozgov.

Frye, Shump and Mo all should be on the roster next year. They're excellent role players off the bench.

I'd love a SF to back up Lebron, perhaps Batum if we can move Love. He'd be a fantastic addition, and we could even play Lebron at 4 with him.
i dont think Griffin would like it because MKG isnt a great shooter- but a package of Cody Zeller, MKG, and some draft considerations woulndt be so bad in my book- though i am really really high on MKG.....

Bledsoe and Len and draft considerations would be soemthing to think about as well....

Batum is an unrestricted FA...i dont see how you could get him here- i dont think a sign and trade is an option.

The Cavs DO have a huge trade exception to operate with. That might net them something.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, if you say so. but then I'M not the one waving one O'Brien in everyone's face like they FINALLY grew a dick. i'm STILL gonna say what I think. if no one likes that it's simple enough I would imagine to skip what i'm saying or put me on ignore. SHOULDN'T be that difficult...ESPECIALLY for those guys who just now crawled outta the woodwork around here...
if I use the CAPS lock feature for every few WORDS or so, it will make IT sound like I am making a GOOD point, even though I'm REALLY just coming off like a HUGE douchebag.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its cool. You were just proven wrong on a monumental level though....betting against LeBron and Dan G's wallet will do that though so its understandable.

Lets get 3-4 more years out of Bron here and let him go make movies and get paid in the LA sunshine and have Kyrie take over right when he hits his ultimate prime :)

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont think Griffin would like it because MKG isnt a great shooter- but a package of Cody Zeller, MKG, and some draft considerations woulndt be so bad in my book- though i am really really high on MKG.....

Bledsoe and Len and draft considerations would be soemthing to think about as well....

Batum is an unrestricted FA...i dont see how you could get him here- i dont think a sign and trade is an option.

The Cavs DO have a huge trade exception to operate with. That might net them something.
MKG is a great option, didn't think of that. I don't think they'd care so much about the draft considerations from either Charlotte or Phoenix, though. Bledsoe would be nice but we really don't need him, and he's not a backup PG. Len is just okay, nothing I'd want to give up much for.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if I use the CAPS lock feature for every few WORDS or so, it will make IT sound like I am making a GOOD point, even though I'm REALLY just coming off like a HUGE douchebag.

well you ARE a huge douchebag(see? we actually CAN agree on something). could be there was some kind of issue with your upbringing, but I really DON'T wanna go there...:dhd:

let's face it, dumpling. if you have a problem with opposing view points maybe...just MAYBE...you should find another hobby...

just puttin' that out there...:finger:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta give David Griffin a ton of credit.

A. for orchestrating the roster that drew LeBron back to Cleveland

B. for getting JR Smith here- who would have thought that out of Mozgov, Shumpert, JR- that Jr Smith would turn out to be a HUUUUUGE HUUUUUUGE part of an NBA championship!!!

C. PROBABLY MOST IMPORTANTLY- firing Blatt and installing Lue as coach. This took guts and for him to put his own neck out on the line. He did it and deserves a ton of credit for it.

Griffin has done an amazing job, and has the respect of LeBron. Much credit to him.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its cool. You were just proven wrong on a monumental level though....betting against LeBron and Dan G's wallet will do that though so its understandable.

Lets get 3-4 more years out of Bron here and let him go make movies and get paid in the LA sunshine and have Kyrie take over right when he hits his ultimate prime :)

THIS from the goofball that switches teams when the going gets tough...:rolleyes2:

coming from a clown like YOU this is laughable...

go find a hobby with that other clown...

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR is gone. Money talks.
its definitely possible.

I think at this point you have to guarantee him multiple years and im not sure where hte Cavs are with that and with the rising cap. He is an important part of what they do though.

If hte Cavs offer is anywhere close to what the market offers he will stay- but who knows if it will be. 2 years 28 or 3 years 36 is about the limit id go with as the Cavs. That might even be a lot- all though 12 a year is not a whole lot in the new cap environment.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR is gone. Money talks.
I'm wondering what his market is going to be like. He had a decent Finals, but nothing special. I'll be interested to see what kind of offers he gets.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron trolling hard since winning the title. I guess winning gracefully is not a thing for him. Not surprising at all

Meh, it's more about the Warriors talking constant shit since they won especially during the Finals. Lebron unlike those idiots is waiting to after he wins. I would do the same bc the Warriors were getting extremely cocky.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering what his market is going to be like. He had a decent Finals, but nothing special. I'll be interested to see what kind of offers he gets.
He really only had 2 good games, but a lot of teams have money and looking for a 3pt shooter. Like I said I think he would be a good 6th man. He isnt a starter. He is too hot and cold and his D is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.