• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the guy but I'd take him on my team and deal with it. The Cavs aren't as good as the Warriors and LBJ managed to elevate them enough. 2 straight 40 point games to help force Game 7. This series was without a doubt LeBron's career highlight thus far.

agree that the better team lost this last finals, but hey shit happens. still, if he DID come here I guess I wouldn't have a choice but deal with it but I DAMN sure wouldn't like it. all he's EVER done is(as TF12 said not too long ago) made himself bigger than the game. simply have no respect for the guy even BEFORE he hit an NBA floor...

btw KNEW i'd get another rainbow from one of those dippy li'l Cavs fans. seems SOMEONE can't get me outta their head...:dhd:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys just dealt with a couple horrible years of a not even max Kobe contract.
Have you seen the projected numbers of the '17 super max?
Father Time always wins.
Despite James stepping it up a gear in the Finals, he's overall in decline mode.

Gilberts gamble cashed in already.
You can only break the curse once.
Would it be crazy to think that he wouldn't even want James around much longer?

:10:ABSOLUTELY...!!

see, this point RIGHT HERE is the thing that we'd have to deal with IF he ever did decide "to take his skills to Southern California." in 2-3 years we have the Kobe deal all over again. and while I agreed with paying Kobe the money for years of loyalty at the time it ate up one HELLUVA lotta cap...

we don't need that all over again. let James rot in Cleveland or anywhere else on the map but here...

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part of your rant that has any merit whatsoever.

You're just another troll who doesn't post on the NBA boards during the season, and wouldn't be here if the Cavs had lost.

Cavs didn't even guard Barnes because he was so horrendous.
While that is good strategy, it's far from good D.

Can you comprehend that?
I didn't think so.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is clearly not a good fit. They can get member if they trade him for 2 or 3 solid role players who fit with LBJ and Kyrie more
he was pretty awesome in the Eastern Conference playoffs- and played his best game as a Cav against the Thunder- and he matches up well against the Spurs by spacing.

Im not 100% against trading Love if its the right deal- i wouldnt trade a guy because hes a bad matchup vs. one team- especially when you just beat that team and that team has a lot of moves to make this offseason.

If the Celtics offered some kind of combination out of Bradley, Smart, Crowder and their tons of draft picks- i think thats something to consider.

IF the Suns offered some combination of picks, Bledsoe, Len, whatever- i think thats something to consider.

When i look at the Cavs though- what do we HAVE for sure....the core of the team is LeBron, Irving, Love, Smith, Thompson....say take Love out of that....you have LeBron, Irving, Thompson, Smith....

but you have Frye under contract, Shumpert undr contract, Love under contract.

with Irving, Smith, Shumpert in the back court- its not like you need another guard in a bad way. You can use a wing to take Jefferson's role but its not like that is a huge role.

i just dont see how it makes sense to trade Love unless your just overwhelmed---.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys just dealt with a couple horrible years of a not even max Kobe contract.
Have you seen the projected numbers of the '17 super max?
Father Time always wins.
Despite James stepping it up a gear in the Finals, he's overall in decline mode.

Gilberts gamble cashed in already.
You can only break the curse once.
Would it be crazy to think that he wouldn't even want James around much longer?
Yes, it would be fucking retarded.

James is 31 years old and isn't 32 until 3 months into next season. His health is damn near impeccable due to his fitness and health regiment. He just averaged 25 ppg/7.5 rpg/7 apg this season. If that is in decline mode, damn near every single player in the NBA should hope to be in decline mode. MJ was able to play very good basketball into his late 30s, and he smoked cigars and drank beer after every game. Barring a catastrophic injury, Lebron has several high-level years left and there's no good reason to think he doesn't.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you've stated you don't watch the NBA, right?

How many Warriors games did you watch this season before the Finals?

I'll let Dean Wormer field this one for me:

%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-6LBhGJGr7Fg%2FVp0didt6OJI%2FAAAAAAAABh8%2FHBoNyVc_Wcc%2Fs1600%2Fzeroe.gif

To answer your questions though.

1. I have no idea why there was little ball movement, few pick and rolls, and so many lazy passes. I questioned it during the series.

2. Warriors usually make a much higher % of the low % shots. My best guess is that they were confident that they would heat up.

Them missing was mostly just that.

I understand that I watch virtually no basketball, Warriors, Cavs or otherwise, and I promise that there is much to the game that I don't understand.

However, from a logical standpoint, I don't see how a team can average 113 points over 99 games and then be held to less than 100 over seven (including less than 95 over the last five), but there was no great defense involved.

I asked you to explain that to me, and your response boils down to "I don't know, but because I watched it," and that's not going to cut it.

Be happy they did miss, be happy the Cavs played smarter, be happy the Cavs won, but stop with the Cavs played some great D.

Cavs D: nothing special.

giphy.gif

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree that the better team lost this last finals, but hey shit happens. still, if he DID come here I guess I wouldn't have a choice but deal with it but I DAMN sure wouldn't like it. all he's EVER done is(as TF12 said not too long ago) made himself bigger than the game. simply have no respect for the guy even BEFORE he hit an NBA floor...

btw KNEW i'd get another rainbow from one of those dippy li'l Cavs fans. seems SOMEONE can't get me outta their head...:dhd:

Isn't there a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only trade I could see that would actually benefit the Cavs (and would be realistic) would be in a deal with LAC for Griffin. Rivers is a huge fan of Love's, and Griffin on Cleveland would be scary. Plus it's not much of a secret LAC wants Griffin out.

I don't think Griffin would want to go to Cleveland. You have to be a special type of player to accept being the 3rd option and basically a spot up shooter

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their is no one out there that James could even semi-realistically play with that touches Kyrie at this point.

If LeBron was smart- which he is- hed never play another game without #2 lining up with him in the starting lineup.

Kyrie really took that leap this year- and now hes a champion.

I REALLY want to see how the core of Kyrie/Love/LeBron/Thompson/Smith play when they can relax and do not have the pressure of the entire world bearing down on them.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is clearly not a good fit. They can get member if they trade him for 2 or 3 solid role players who fit with LBJ and Kyrie more

But there's no hurry.

Unless an offer comes that totally blows them away.... they should wait until the trade deadline.

That will give them time to:

A) See how how he fits in the first half of next season under Lue (He fit it great under Lue, imo... he was just a bad matchup with the Warriors)

B) See what other teams do. Are the Warriors still balling and looking likely to make the Finals?

C) Let Love's value rise back to where it belongs as people realize that when he's not playing the death lineup he's a very good and unique talent in this league.

How many guys in this league can give you 15 & 10 while shooting > 40% from 3???? Very, very few.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just another troll who doesn't post on the NBA boards during the season, and wouldn't be here if the Cavs had lost.

Cavs didn't even guard Barnes because he was so horrendous.
While that is good strategy, it's far from good D.

Can you comprehend that?
I didn't think so.
You're just a jilted Miami fan who's pissed off that the best player you've ever had left you to come home, and now your team is irrelevant yet again.

I was here last year when the Cavs lost, and I'm back again this year when they've won.

I can comprehend that Steph was frustrated by how physical Cleveland played against him, which is why he shot under his season average on FG/3's. It's a pretty simple formula, the guy hates being flustered. Not sure why none of the teams in the West could figure that out.

Cleveland played phenomenal basketball on both sides of the ball against statistically the best NBA team ever. Deal with it.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let Dean Wormer field this one for me:

I understand that I watch virtually no basketball, Warriors, Cavs or otherwise, and I promise that there is much to the game that I don't understand.

However, from a logical standpoint, I don't see how a team can average 113 points over 99 games and then be held to less than 100 over seven (including less than 95 over the last five), but there was no great defense involved.

I asked you to explain that to me, and your response boils down to "I don't know, but because I watched it," and that's not going to cut it.

Cavs D: nothing special.

the Cavs holding the Warriors to under 90 in their home building for Game 7 of the Finals is one of the great defensive accomplishments in Finals history.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just a jilted Miami fan who's pissed off that the best player you've ever had left you to come home, and now your team is irrelevant yet again.

I was here last year when the Cavs lost, and I'm back again this year when they've won.

I can comprehend that Steph was frustrated by how physical Cleveland played against him, which is why he shot under his season average on FG/3's. It's a pretty simple formula, the guy hates being flustered. Not sure why none of the teams in the West could figure that out.

Cleveland played phenomenal basketball on both sides of the ball against statistically the best NBA team ever. Deal with it.
the CAvs could load up on the perimeter since GSW had no viable inside threat. Not rocket science.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or "bowing down and shutting up" when we're told to...?

gave props already, but I DO believe we're STILL allowed to have our opinion...:rolleyes2:
Yes of course. I know you and turnup are going to stick to what you believe, as you should.

You have to realize, though, coming on here 1 day after a team wins the championship and describing them as "nothing special" - when you've been vocally cheering against them all season - is going to come off as sour grapes, fair or not. No way around that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Griffin would want to go to Cleveland. You have to be a special type of player to accept being the 3rd option and basically a spot up shooter
That's a fair statement, but do you think he's good enough to be any team's main guy? He would definitely be the #3 scorer, no doubt, but I also think the idea of playing alongside Lebron and winning a title has to be alluring to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.