• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll let Dean Wormer field this one for me:

I understand that I watch virtually no basketball, Warriors, Cavs or otherwise, and I promise that there is much to the game that I don't understand.

However, from a logical standpoint, I don't see how a team that averages 113 points over 99 games and then is held to less than 100 over seven (including less than 95 over the last five), but there was no great defense involved.

I asked you to explain that to me, and your response boils down to "I don't know, but because I watched it," and that's not going to cut it.

Cavs D: nothing special.

I did explain it you you, I can't force you to comprehend it.
To simplify.
Warriors missed a bunch of wide open shots that they usually make.

Cavs also relied on 3s all season but weren't good in the Finals. It wasn't great Warriors D.

Cavs found enough other ways to score enough points to win, mostly because of what James brought to the table.

It's really not that complicated.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the Cavs holding the Warriors to under 90 in their home building for Game 7 of the Finals is one of the great defensive accomplishments in Finals history.

Warriors missed one wide open shot after another for the last 4:30+ of the game.
That's not great D, that's called going ice cold at the worst of times.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs also relied on 3s all season but weren't good in the Finals. It wasn't great Warriors D.

Completely disagree.

The Warriors entire defensive gameplan centered around taking away the Cavs 3 point shot.

They stayed home on all shooters and rarely sent help to LeBron or Kyrie. This was a big departure from what we saw from the Pistons and Hawks.

They basically said... we're not going to let your role players shoot 3's.... if you want to beat us Kyrie and LeBron are going to have to beat us 1-on-1 "hero ball"..... which is exactly what they did.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did explain it you you, I can't force you to comprehend it.
To simplify.
Warriors missed a bunch of wide open shots that they usually make.

Cavs found enough other ways to score enough points to win, mostly because of what James brought to the table.

It's really not that complicated.

So, in an effort to explain why the Warriors were held to less than 95 points in the last five games, you're going to cite the Cavs' three pointers and what they employed to score points?

Here, man, stop grasping and just take one:

100pcs-26cm-Multicolor-font-b-Straw-b-font-font-b-Long-b-font-Bendy-Drinking-font.jpg

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors missed one wide open shot after another for the last 4:30+ of the game.
That is such a cop out.

Love was in prime "Bbq chicken" spot twice in that timeframe and stayed with Curry.

LeBron soared out of nowhere to block Iguodalas open fast break in that time frame.

JR Smith ran around 4 screens and stuck a hand in Klay's face on a 3 in that time frame.

I could go on and on.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, what happened in the preceding 235:50 of the series where they were held to under 95/game?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just a jilted Miami fan who's pissed off that the best player you've ever had left you to come home, and now your team is irrelevant yet again.

I was here last year when the Cavs lost, and I'm back again this year when they've won.

I can comprehend that Steph was frustrated by how physical Cleveland played against him, which is why he shot under his season average on FG/3's. It's a pretty simple formula, the guy hates being flustered. Not sure why none of the teams in the West could figure that out.

Cleveland played phenomenal basketball on both sides of the ball against statistically the best NBA team ever. Deal with it.

Hardly.

You're just a troll who is now noticing that the championship changed nothing in your life.

I never wanted James here.
I'd rather win or lose without him.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is such a cop out.

Love was in prime "Bbq chicken" spot twice in that timeframe and stayed with Curry.

LeBron soared out of nowhere to block Iguodalas open fast break in that time frame.

JR Smith ran around 4 screens and stuck a hand in Klay's face on a 3 in that time frame.

I could go on and on.

Honestly, it's embarrassing.

I can take differing opinions, I just ask that there's more substance to them than "because I said so."

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what happened in the preceding 235:50 of the series where they were held to under 95/game?

That was just one example of many.
I'm done with you on this topic.
I know what I saw, if you saw different, good for you.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hardly.

You're just a troll who is now noticing that the championship changed nothing in your life.

I never wanted James here.
I'd rather win or lose without him
:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

What a load of horseshit. Are you Skip Bayless' niece or something? Good god, you're sad.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a fair statement, but do you think he's good enough to be any team's main guy? He would definitely be the #3 scorer, no doubt, but I also think the idea of playing alongside Lebron and winning a title has to be alluring to an extent.

Talking about Blake?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was just one example of many.
I'm done with you on this topic.
I know what I saw, if you saw different, good for you.

I don't blame you for being done. You just got shredded by a guy who watched maybe a baker's dozen games the last two seasons.

I'd probably take my ball and go home too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I doubt it would work straight up, but some package centered around Love for Blake.

Not sure if he's a #1 but he is no doubt a #1B or #2. He is a beast and on top of that his perimeter game isn't as good as Bosh or Love so it is harder to see that working with him as a 3rd option sitting outside shooting jumpshots all game

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cavs are gonna have to make some moves without a doubt.

Jr Smith is a free agent
Delly is a restricted FA
Mozgov is a restricted FA
Jefferson is retiring

Frye and Shumpert and Mo Williams are under contract but in this cap environment all have movable deals if the Cavs get an opportunity.

LeBron/Irving/Thompson are the heart and soul and guts of the team and the only 3 guys that will 100% be back. I think Smith is about 90% to be back- and Love about 90% to be back.

The Cavs could use a backup center who can protect the rim, a SF that can play some D and backup LeBron.....

Status
Not open for further replies.