• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its just amazing how perception can be so formed by one game at this point.

Game 7.

legacies of both LeBron, Steph, Kyrie, Drummond, Kerr, Blatt, Lue, Gilbert, Lacob etc. etc. are all on the line in 48 minutes of basketball....i want to say its all overstated- but IT IS Game 7! the ultimate

when are you gonna get the consensus best 2 players in the league meeting in back to back Finals and going to 7 Games again? THIS IS HISTORY.

Curry is on the verge of making history- winning back to back MVP's and titles and solidfying himself as the face of the NBA.

LeBron is on the verge of making history- a potential UNPRECEDENTEd 3-1 comeback- AGAINST a 73 win team- doing it for his HOMETOWN team after promising to deliver a title to a region that hasn ot had one in over 50 years.

its all out there. One guy will be raised up- the other will be shot down. Its gonna be CRAZY to watch.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where's the backlash over Steph's immature antics last night? A 2x MVP should never act like that on the court. Just imagine the shit-show if LeBron did something like that. He bitched about every foul & then acted like a spoiled little child when he threw his mouth piece into the crowd. There's no question Steph's frustrations in this series have boiled over. Seriously can anyone recall an MVP acting like that during the Finals? I can't.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to say this but I think Cavs win. They are on a roll and GS is cold and playing with a lot injuries now. Bogut out, Iggy has a bad back and curry is banged up. It should be interesting. Its tough to pick against LBJ at this moment. He knows losing a game 7 will really kill him. He was better off losing game 5 or 6. Spot light will be on him on sunday.

I just hope the refs let them play and not call so many touch fouls. Yesterday game was so bad.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So where's the backlash over Steph's immature antics last night? A 2x MVP should never act like that on the court. Just imagine the shit-show if LeBron did something like that. He bitched about every foul & then acted like a spoiled little child when he threw his mouth piece into the crowd. There's no question Steph's frustrations in this series have boiled over. Seriously can anyone recall an MVP acting like that during the Finals? I can't.
Not really it was a bad call and refs were calling bad calls all night. I can see his frustration. At least he went up to the fan and apologize. It was actually good to see emotions from him. 3 of his 6 fouls were bogus calls.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck those assholes. It shoulda been the Indians steamrolling the Rockies in the World Series.

I was at The Jake for games 1 and 2 of the ALDS against the Yankees that year. Game 2 was "the bug game," and its infamy really detracted from Carmona's performance that game - best single game performance by a pitcher in the 2007 playoffs if you ask me. Even better than Lester's complete game shutout.

Fuck the Red Sox and fuck everyone that roots for them.

Yeah I agree with everything. Manny killed us late in that series uggh

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the last Game 7 in the Finals was the Lakers-Celtics rematch.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if LeBron acted like Curry did last night- and then LEBron's wife acted like Curry did- he would be getting crucified. Their is a CLEAR double standard against LeBron--- maybe he has earned it- maybe he hasnt- but its there and everyone knows it.

If LeBron got ejected, threw his mouth guard into the stands, and baited the refs like Curry did his haters would be incredulous.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched Curry's 6 fouls. My take:

• 1st foul - clearly a foul, intentionally fouled LeBron to prevent dunk

• 2nd foul - 50/50 call block/charge. Curry still moving, LeBron lowers shoulder a bit.

• 3rd foul - pretty clear reach foul on Kyrie before the shot

• 4th foul - touch foul. Got Love on the arm but pretty weak call in a rebounding situation

• 5th foul - I actually think this is a good call. Clean strip with his left hand but he's all over the right arm/shoulder of Kyrie before he gets ball

• 6th foul - Bad call.
One more note... watching the game live I felt like Curry really got away with some stuff once he hit 3 and then 4 fouls. Kerr never took him out and the refs were understandably reluctant. Usually the refs will only give you a couple passes (as long as its not blatant)... then its back to fair game.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really it was a bad call and refs were calling bad calls all night. I can see his frustration. At least he went up to the fan and apologize. It was actually good to see emotions from him. 3 of his 6 fouls were bogus calls.
Bad calls happen all the damn time. This series is no different. Kevin Love's 3rd foul was the worst foul call of the entire series, but he didn't act like a little brat. Steph gets away with more of his fair share of reaching in, he had it coming.

As Wamu said, if Lebron did that, every single person on here would be ripping into him for it. Steph deserves the same. He acted like an immature little brat and needs to grow up and realize the NBA isn't here to just cater to him because he can shoot the 3.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if LeBron acted like Curry did last night- and then LEBron's wife acted like Curry did- he would be getting crucified. Their is a CLEAR double standard against LeBron--- maybe he has earned it- maybe he hasnt- but its there and everyone knows it.

If LeBron got ejected, threw his mouth guard into the stands, and baited the refs like Curry did his haters would be incredulous.

There is no doubt about it. Curry didn't get a pass but it isn't that big of a deal

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• 5th foul - I actually think this is a good call. Clean strip with his left hand but he's all over the right arm/shoulder of Kyrie before he gets ball
This is the part people seem to not understand. Before he even touched the ball, they should've been calling a reach. It was a completely legitimate call, and one that is overdue because Steph does this shit all the time.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man last night's game was brutal to watch. I had a myriad of emotions from frustration of the Warriors to pure awe of Lebron. Lebron last night was probably the best game I've ever seen him play, considering the stage of it as well. He was everywhere, offensively and defensively.

Not going to go into the ref's stuff because other people can do that. Not even going to get into Steph throwing his mouth guard. That's irrelevant to the game itself.

I thought the game would come down to the x-factors which I stated before. For the Cavs it was TT and JR. For the Warriors I had Iguodala and Barnes. TT and JR combined for 29 points and 20 rebounds. Iguodala and Barnes combined for 5 points and 6 rebounds. That's atrocious.

The Cavs have the momentum right now. Lebron and Kyrie are playing at peak levels. No one from the Warriors has really been on their A game the last two games. Barnes was so bad last night he was benched. Iguodala now has to deal with a back issue.

Right now it's a complete toss up for game 7. I'd give the Warriors the slight edge because of home court advantage and it's help to role players. The only way the Warriors can win game 7 is if they get production from 6 guys. I'm not talking about huge production, but solid contributions. If Barnes, Iguodala and Livingston aren't able to help out, Cavs could make history.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• 1st foul - clearly a foul, intentionally fouled LeBron to prevent dunk - Easy call a foul

• 2nd foul - 50/50 call block/charge. Curry still moving, LeBron lowers shoulder a bit. - Steph threw his arm out, that was a blocking foul.

• 3rd foul - pretty clear reach foul on Kyrie before the shot. - Easy call, reach-in foul.

• 4th foul - touch foul. Got Love on the arm but pretty weak call in a rebounding situation. - He did hit him on the arm/elbow area. Love sold it pretty well.

• 5th foul - I actually think this is a good call. Clean strip with his left hand but he's all over the right arm/shoulder of Kyrie before he gets ball - You cant body up a guy and put your hand on him then reach-in. He got all ball but the contact before negates the clean strip.

• 6th foul - Bad call. - I can agree with that. Lebron sold it.
One more note... watching the game live I felt like Curry really got away with some stuff once he hit 3 and then 4 fouls. Kerr never took him out and the refs were understandably reluctant. Usually the refs will only give you a couple passes (as long as its not blatant)... then its back to fair game.

2 questionable or possibly bad calls IMO. The Love call for his 3rd call was the worst out of any call IMO.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Each team was called for 25 fouls last night. I hope you're not suggesting the only bad calls all went against the Warriors.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man last night's game was brutal to watch. I had a myriad of emotions from frustration of the Warriors to pure awe of Lebron. Lebron last night was probably the best game I've ever seen him play, considering the stage of it as well. He was everywhere, offensively and defensively.

Not going to go into the ref's stuff because other people can do that. Not even going to get into Steph throwing his mouth guard. That's irrelevant to the game itself.

I thought the game would come down to the x-factors which I stated before. For the Cavs it was TT and JR. For the Warriors I had Iguodala and Barnes. TT and JR combined for 29 points and 20 rebounds. Iguodala and Barnes combined for 5 points and 6 rebounds. That's atrocious.

The Cavs have the momentum right now. Lebron and Kyrie are playing at peak levels. No one from the Warriors has really been on their A game the last two games. Barnes was so bad last night he was benched. Iguodala now has to deal with a back issue.

Right now it's a complete toss up for game 7. I'd give the Warriors the slight edge because of home court advantage and it's help to role players. The only way the Warriors can win game 7 is if they get production from 6 guys. I'm not talking about huge production, but solid contributions. If Barnes, Iguodala and Livingston aren't able to help out, Cavs could make history.
great post. agree with a lot of it.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• 1st foul - clearly a foul, intentionally fouled LeBron to prevent dunk

• 2nd foul - 50/50 call block/charge. Curry still moving, LeBron lowers shoulder a bit.

• 3rd foul - pretty clear reach foul on Kyrie before the shot

• 4th foul - touch foul. Got Love on the arm but pretty weak call in a rebounding situation

• 6th foul - Bad call.

I really don't care for foul calls or argued calls. Both teams are getting away with fouls.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs need another LeBron 40 10 and 10 game from LeBron to win on the road. He can very well do it which is the crazy part.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Generally agree.... although I think social media can make a small number of idiots feel like a much bigger group than they actually are.

Status
Not open for further replies.