• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced the Warriors have passed their toughest test.

First of all, if the Thunder had won the series, the Cavs would have been favored so most people thought the Cavs were the better team.

Secondly, the Cavs will be a much better team down the stretch than OKC. OKC's biggest problem was that they couldn't hold on to a lead. Yes, GS is the most incredible shooting team in history, but if OKC had simply had slightly fewer turnovers or missed shots, they would have been able to withstand the GS 3-point barrage.

Thirdly, I doubt the Cavs will allow the Warriors to score so many points. In 4 of the Western Conference Final games, the winning team scored 118 or more points. Even if you don't think Cleveland's defense is better than OKCs, the Cavs will do a MUCH better job of controlling the tempo. In OKC, both Westbrook and Durant tended to put up quick shots, so there were more possessions.

OKC also matched up better with the Warriors then the Cavs do against the Warriors. Just like Cleveland preferred to face OKC then the Warriors because of match ups.

You could say that Cleveland will control the tempo, but they're going to try to play the Warriors game based on their offense in the playoffs - this means a lot of 3's which means a lot of fast transitions off of misses, which falls into the Dubs category. OKC had length that bothered the Warriors and capable bigs in Adams and Ibaka that could defend and poise problems for the Warriors. Love and Thompson aren't doing that for the Cavs.

You can say that the Cavs won't allow the Warriors to score many points. But the Warriors excel at the pick and roll, while the 2/5 of the Cavs starting roster are highly suspect in defending the pick and roll.

Cavs aren't head and shoulders better than the Thunder, or vice versa. Cleveland will present their own challenges to the Warriors. But to assume that the Warriors won't have a say in how they dictate the game is asinine.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finals schedule

Game 1 Thursday 6/2

Game 2 Sunday 6/5

Game 3 Wednesday 6/8

Game 4 Friday 6/10

Game 5 (if necessary) Monday 6/13

Game 6 (if necessary) Thursday 6/16

Game 7 (if necessary) Sunday 6/19

So 6 out of the 7 games they get 2 days rest in between games.

People going on about the Cavs having more reset by what, 2-3 days can shut the fuck up now. That Finals schedule is ridiculous.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced the Warriors have passed their toughest test.

First of all, if the Thunder had won the series, the Cavs would have been favored so most people thought the Cavs were the better team.

Secondly, the Cavs will be a much better team down the stretch than OKC. OKC's biggest problem was that they couldn't hold on to a lead. Yes, GS is the most incredible shooting team in history, but if OKC had simply had slightly fewer turnovers or missed shots, they would have been able to withstand the GS 3-point barrage.

Thirdly, I doubt the Cavs will allow the Warriors to score so many points. In 4 of the Western Conference Final games, the winning team scored 118 or more points. Even if you don't think Cleveland's defense is better than OKCs, the Cavs will do a MUCH better job of controlling the tempo. In OKC, both Westbrook and Durant tended to put up quick shots, so there were more possessions.

Lue said that he wants Cleveland to push the pace:

"We just have to play our game," Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said. "We're not going to slow the ball down and be at ease. We're going to push the pace, try to get easy baskets early in transition but make sure we're taking good shots."

They competed last year because they had to slow things down without Love and Irving. They aren't going to win this series by trying to make things more of a defensive game. Love and Irving are not good on that side of the ball. Cleveland's offense has been rolling this postseason. They'll need to keep that up to have any hope.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lue said that he wants Cleveland to push the pace:

"We just have to play our game," Cavaliers coach Tyronn Lue said. "We're not going to slow the ball down and be at ease. We're going to push the pace, try to get easy baskets early in transition but make sure we're taking good shots."

They competed last year because they had to slow things down without Love and Irving. They aren't going to win this series by trying to make things more of a defensive game. Love and Irving are not good on that side of the ball. Cleveland's offense has been rolling this postseason. They'll need to keep that up to have any hope.

Why the hell would a coach talk to the media about their plan? I'd offer nothing but misinformation.

Media: Coach Redfoot, what's your game plan for the upcoming Finals vs the Warriors.

Redfoot: Well, we've got some tricks up our sleeves. Some new plays that we've never done before.

We got one where Delly's gonna sit on BronBron's shoulders and goaltend - can't wait to see that little jaundiced fuck try to sink his threes over that.

Got another one where Kevin Love is going to wait for a stop in the action, pick his nose and wipe in on the mouthguard hanging out of Curry's mouth. I love that one, it was actually Gilbert's idea, God bless him.

We're in the middle of drawing something up where Kyrie pretends to be flailing all around after a rebound and kicks Dray squarely in the back of his left testicle. They'll never call him for that shit, amirite? I mean, who intentionally kicks the back half of a guy's left testicle? We're debating the merits of installing one of those knife tips on Kyrie's shoe -- you know, like that guy who got his leg broke in Roadhouse -- to see if it might slice open Green's sack. I'm thinking if one of his nuts falls out and hits the court, he'll definitely miss a game or two - that shit stings, boy!

Last edited:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would a coach talk to the media about their plan? I'd offer nothing but misinformation.

Media: Coach Redfoot, what's your game plan for the upcoming Finals vs the Warriors.

Redfoot: Well, we've got some tricks up our sleeves. Some new plays that we've never done before.

We got one where Delly's gonna sit on BronBron's shoulders and goaltend - can't wait to see that little jaundiced fuck try to sink his threes over that.

Got another one where Kevin Love is going to wait for a stop in the action, pick his nose and wipe in on the mouthguard hanging out of Curry's mouth. I love that one, it was actually Gilbert's idea, God bless him.

We're in the middle of drawing something up where Kyrie pretends to be flailing all around after a rebound and kicks Dray squarely in the back of his left testicle. They'll never call him for that shit, amirite? I mean, who intentionally kicks the back half of a guy's left testicle? We're debating the merits of installing one of those knife tips on Kyrie's shoe -- you know, like that guy who got his leg broke in Roadhouse -- to see if it might slice open Green's sack. I'm thinking if one of his nuts falls out and hits the court, he'll definitely miss a game or two - that shit stings, boy!

LMFAO, I wasn't sure at first, but this cat's HILARIOUS...!!!:pound::pound:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Impossible. Wiggy said the Heat are a joke of a franchise. Why would Lebron ever want to bring the Heat culture to a winning championship organization like the Cavs? By golly sheesh.

absolutely, I mean, to pick the Heat's formula over a proven winner like the Cavs?one would LITERALLY have to be bat-shit friggin' bananas...:lol:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His statement was pretty general. Nice play ideas though!

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well on our way to 1k comments before the games even kick off.....

555 comments since the thread was started roughly 39 hours ago. That's 14.23 comments per hour. We've got 30.5 hours left until game time. At the current pace, we'll be at 890 comments, so we have a way to go.

I'll post more stupid shit (starting with this very comment) in an effort to do my part.

The pace has slowed to 12.14 comments per hour, which isn't too surprising given that we went through the middle of the night. We've got seven hours left and at this pace, we won't hit 850 comments before tip off.

I expect that the comment/hr rate will increase each hour from here as we get closer to tip off, so that will help.

If we're to hit 1k before game time, we're going to need to run at 34.71 comment/hr rate from here on out.

We need a good GOAT debate or some shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.