• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What LeBron did last night is what LeBron should have been doing in every single game for the past 6 finals. If so, LeBron has 4-5 rings going into his 6th straight final.
LeBron should put up arguably the best stat line in Finals history in every single game for the past 6 finals?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Lebron did from the perimeter is what he hasn't been able to replicate. Once Lebron hit a few outside jumpers, the defense has to contest, meaning that they play up tighter on him. That gives him more room to drive to the hoop, which he was really successful at doing.

Everything stems from Lebron being able to hit his outside shot. If that's not falling, he's not capable of producing the way he did last night for prolonged periods of time.
LeBron has the capabilities to get the ball on the perimeter and just drive hard to the basket drawing a foul or uncontested lay up everytime. Too fast and quick for a Forward to guard him, and if he has a guard on him he can simply post up, spin move and hes at the rim.

He needs to be this aggressive everytime. Really no excuse for "The King" to not use his God given athletic ability.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron should put up arguably the best stat line in Finals history in every single game for the past 6 finals?
Nope. But he needs to drive hard to the basket a lot more, then when defenses adjust and double team him, he racks up the assists by passing to his teammates who will be wide open.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Lebron did from the perimeter is what he hasn't been able to replicate. Once Lebron hit a few outside jumpers, the defense has to contest, meaning that they play up tighter on him. That gives him more room to drive to the hoop, which he was really successful at doing.

Everything stems from Lebron being able to hit his outside shot. If that's not falling, he's not capable of producing the way he did last night for prolonged periods of time.
I agree, his outside shot just hasnt been great for awhile now. When he hits it and his team follows Cavs look great. I dont know if they can do it for 2 more games but I guess as a Cavs fan or anybody wanting Cavs to win they just want to get it to game 7 because you never know what can happen.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron has the capabilities to get the ball on the perimeter and just drive hard to the basket drawing a foul or uncontested lay up everytime. Too fast and quick for a Forward to guard him, and if he has a guard on him he can simply post up, spin move and hes at the rim.

He needs to be this aggressive everytime. Really no excuse for "The King" to not use his God given athletic ability.
He needs to have that killer instinct.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you watch how Iguodala has defended him in this series and in the regular season, the Warriors are daring Lebron to shoot from the outside. They pack the paint, and sag off of him. Against most opponents, this may work, but Iguodala is a superb defender and he's strong enough to not let Lebron bully him to the hoop.

It's easy to just say "hey just drive the ball everytime". That doesn't work if you don't have room to operate. It's the exact reason why the Mavs were able to beat the Heat. They sagged off him, and played a zone to combat his drives.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. But he needs to drive hard to the basket a lot more, then when defenses adjust and double team him, he racks up the assists by passing to his teammates who will be wide open.

He's been driving to the bucket all series long.

It hasn't been working too well... partly because the refs have been letting them play (on both sides, nothing unfair)... but mostly because of the Warriors elite interior defense.

The difference was he took the space they have been giving him to shoot jumpers... and he made many of them.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GS will have some issues next year to. they have a couple of guys that are FA. It will be tough to see Cavs win it all unless like you said their is an upset in the West like if the Clippers made it to the Finals.

Yeah I saw an article the other day about Barnes. Somewhere in neighborhood of $20m a year. That's a whole lotta loot but another team might offer him more. I like watching the Warriors play & hope they can keep as many of their pieces as possible.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It hasn't been working too well... partly because the refs have been letting them play (on both sides, nothing unfair)... but mostly because of the Warriors elite interior defense.

The difference was he took the space they have been giving him to shoot jumpers... and he made many of them.
If he can hit the outside shot he usually has a great game. Then if you add one of his teammates going off then it gets scary for the opposing team.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron is the best athlete to ever play the game, hands down. Nobody can get to the rim whenever they want. If he is being guarded 1 in 1 with no help and the defender tries to take away his jumper, then sure. Nobody guards him that way, however, because he is too good at getting to the rim. They give him space and they have rim protectors ready to rotate over.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, his outside shot just hasnt been great for awhile now. When he hits it and his team follows Cavs look great. I dont know if they can do it for 2 more games but I guess as a Cavs fan or anybody wanting Cavs to win they just want to get it to game 7 because you never know what can happen.

Lebron, more often than not, makes the RIGHT basketball play. In a lot of his other final appearances, his teammates have been the ones who have not hit the shots at the right time. Even Jordan needed Paxton and Kerr to knock down key shots, at key moments.

I get why you would want to see Lebron just shoot the ball everytime, but Lebron is a very cerebral player. He has a god given talent of strength and speed, but he also has some of the best passing and vision I've ever seen. It would be a travesty to his game if he would ignore one part of that.

Getting on Lebron for not scoring 40 a game is absurd(not saying you said this, but others). He was asked to do the same last year, his usage rate was at an all time high and he couldn't do it by himself. Lebron needs the mixture of both, but most importantly his entire game goes from extremely difficult to unguardable if he's able to hit his outside shot consistently.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I saw an article the other day about Barnes. Somewhere in neighborhood of $20m a year. That's a whole lotta loot but another team might offer him more. I like watching the Warriors play & hope they can keep as many of their pieces as possible.
Im a UNC fan but Barnes is not a 20 mill player. He plays good D but his offensive game is too hot and cold. Last night he missed 3 wide open 3's and 2-3 other open shots. He is a good player but I dont see him being anymore then a #3 on a team. He actually would be a good fit for the Cavs. Can play D and hit some shots. He needs to get more consistent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron is the best athlete to ever play the game, hands down. Nobody can get to the rim whenever they want. If he is being guarded 1 in 1 with no help and the defender tries to take away his jumper, then sure. Nobody guards him that way, however, because he is too good at getting to the rim. They give him space and they have rim protectors ready to rotate over.
I disagree a little. MJ had no problem getting to rim when ever he wanted. Same can be said about Kobe. Sometimes double or tripled team. Yes LBJ is very athletic and can play multiple positions. That I will give you.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly. The Warriors were also without Bogut and Draymond as backline defenders as well. It opened up huge lanes for Lebron to drive the ball. There is a big difference between either of those two guys, versus having Barnes as your center.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron, more often than not, makes the RIGHT basketball play. In a lot of his other final appearances, his teammates have been the ones who have not hit the shots at the right time. Even Jordan needed Paxton and Kerr to knock down key shots, at key moments.

I get why you would want to see Lebron just shoot the ball everytime, but Lebron is a very cerebral player. He has a god given talent of strength and speed, but he also has some of the best passing and vision I've ever seen. It would be a travesty to his game if he would ignore one part of that.

Getting on Lebron for not scoring 40 a game is absurd(not saying you said this, but others). He was asked to do the same last year, his usage rate was at an all time high and he couldn't do it by himself. Lebron needs the mixture of both, but most importantly his entire game goes from extremely difficult to unguardable if he's able to hit his outside shot consistently.
Yes LBJ has a great basketball IQ and he does usually make the right decision but late in games he needs to take the shot because that is what the great ones do. I think some just want him to be more aggressive because of the talent he has. I mean no offense but you saw that killer instinct from irving last night in the 4th. U saw that look like no one is stopping me and im taking the shot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. The Warriors were also without Bogut and Draymond as backline defenders as well. It opened up huge lanes for Lebron to drive the ball. There is a big difference between either of those two guys, versus having Barnes as your center.
Exactly what I been saying. Barnes at the 5 was tough to watch. Lanes were open in that 2nd half.

Is AB out for the rest of the Finals. i heard its a Sprained MCL. Not good news. At least they get Green back.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly what I been saying. Barnes at the 5 was tough to watch. Lanes were open in that 2nd half.

Is AB out for the rest of the Finals. i heard its a Sprained MCL. Not good news. At least they get Green back.

No word yet on Bogut that I know of. I'd be highly doubtful if he plays again in this series. Losing him hurts, but with Draymond back for game 6, I'd expect to see a lot more small ball.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a UNC fan but Barnes is not a 20 mill player. He plays good D but his offensive game is too hot and cold. Last night he missed 3 wide open 3's and 2-3 other open shots. He is a good player but I dont see him being anymore then a #3 on a team. He actually would be a good fit for the Cavs. Can play D and hit some shots. He needs to get more consistent.

Speaking of Carolina I'm also a Tar Heel fan. Got family that went to school there. Have you ever been to the DeanDome? What an incredible arena.

Status
Not open for further replies.