• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most sequences I saw. Open shot missed. Kyrie comes down to the other side goes through 3 people hits a step back over 2 people. Nothing you can do when that happens

Agreed. The defense on Kyrie wasn't too bad when Klay was on him. It's just that Kyrie was hitting shots. Draymond Green coming back allows you to put Iggy on Kyrie, if need be.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I read somewhere that the Warriors missed 13 wide-open 3's. You make half of those, you win the game. But hey, the "what ifs" are a bitch.

Every 5-7 games warriors have one of those nights where they get every good look they want and can't hit them. Even curry had 3 or 4 wide open ones and missed it.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every 5-7 games warriors have one of those nights where they get every good look they want and can't hit them. Even curry had 3 or 4 wide open ones and missed it.

Definitely. Warriors have two chances to close this thing out, one of which is at home.

Also, we'll see how Draymond comes out.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The defense on Kyrie wasn't too bad when Klay was on him. It's just that Kyrie was hitting shots. Draymond Green coming back allows you to put Iggy on Kyrie, if need be.

It didn't really matter who was on him he hit anything

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It didn't really matter who was on him he hit anything

I agree. However, putting Iggy on Kyrie is a bit of a mismatch in where Kyrie would likely have to defer back over to Lebron.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely. Warriors have two chances to close this thing out, one of which is at home.

Also, we'll see how Draymond comes out.

He Doesn't need to feel that way....but I understand why he does.

Truth be told....It was the NBA that let everyone down(except for the city of Cleveland, the Cavs organization, their players & fans) by falling for that BS..and for their over the top kneejerk reaction to LeBaby's crying & whims.

But what's done is done....Time to put that BS in the rearview and focus ahead.

The Dubs will rally around DG on Thursday ...and if need be on Sunday for game 7.

Last edited:

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. However, putting Iggy on Kyrie is a bit of a mismatch in where Kyrie would likely have to defer back over to Lebron.

Yeah I wouldn't mind that. But I think klay on kyrie and iggy on lebron, with green on love as the help defender is good enough. They all can switch at times too

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He Doesn't need to feel that way....but I understand why he does.

Truth be told....It was the NBA that let everyone down(except for the city of Cleveland, the Cavs organization, their players & fans) by falling for that BS..and for their over the top kneejerk reaction to LeBaby's crying & whims.

But what's done is done....Time to put that BS in the rearview and focus ahead.

The Dubs will rally around DG on Thursday ...and if need be on Sunday for game 7.
hey i agree if that was the only time that draymond ever went after another mans junk that it would never have been a suspension--- however- when you get as many flagrants and techs as draymond gets and come into contact with mens genitals as often as he does- its only a matter of time before you get suspended. He has no one to blame but himself.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey i agree if that was the only time that draymond ever went after another mans junk that it would never have been a suspension--- however- when you get as many flagrants and techs as draymond gets and come into contact with mens genitals as often as he does- its only a matter of time before you get suspended. He has no one to blame but himself.

Get off it,dude. It was BS initiated by LeBitch...the league got baited and instead of looking at the whole incident.. felt compelled to get proactive..and hence,reactive..based on their reasoning (players history/flagrant pt. system).

They (the NBA & Cavs fans...along w/ cavs players) got what they wanted... a possible 7 game series..which looks even more likely now.

In your heart of hearts..you knew damn good & well the Cavs were about to get knocked out 4-1.
But please, do go on trying your best to rationalize it all.

I'm now done with the topic....and I'm looking forward to game 6.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get off it,dude. It was BS initiated by LeBitch...the league got baited and instead of looking at the whole incident.. felt compelled to get proactive..and hence,reactive..based on their reasoning (players history/flagrant pt. system).

They (the NBA & Cavs fans...along w/ cavs players) got what they wanted... a possible 7 game series..which looks even more likely now.

In your heart of hearts..you knew damn good & well the Cavs were about to get knocked out 4-1.
But please, do go on trying your best to rationalize it all.

I'm now done with the topic....and I'm looking forward to game 6.

You are the only Warriors fan that doesn't see Greens culpability in this situation.

Was Lebron a bitch? Yes.

Did Green bring this on himself? Yes

He wouldn't have been suspended had all those other incidents not occurred.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the only Warriors fan that doesn't see Greens culpability in this situation.

Was Lebron a bitch? Yes.

No I'm not....Get Real...LOL
There are countless others. You just see what you read here on this site and take that for gospel, which is erroneous.
Btw: I'm a native NYer & actually much more of a Knicks fan (since 1968)...I'm only rooting for the Dubs as I've been for many years because they're the local team here, and I appreciate their style of play.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its close but I have to go with Irving. He is destroying the MVP and his D against Curry has been impressive and his 4th Q's have been better. Like 1 poster said it can change depending what happens in the 6th and 7th game. Those 2 reasons are my main reason as of right now.

I have Irving with a slight edge over LBJ but he is right there.

It really is not close though. They have averaged about the same point total, and LeBron does soooo much more.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only thing I'll say about Draymond's actual act, not in response to the suspension. I've been on record saying that by rule, he should have been suspended and it was the right call.

However, anyone saying that Draymond purposely took a shot at Lebron's junk is just flat out wrong. It was reactionary in trying to push/hit Lebron away from him. Lebron is hovering over him at the time and where was Draymond supposed to push him away.

Let's put it another way: If another guy bumps his chest into you, where is the first place you're likely to put your hands on him to get him away from you? Probably a shove in the chest. If someone puts their hands in your face and starts waving them around, you're probably going to swat their hand away. If someone is pushing you down with their knee, the first place you probably push them away again is at their knee.

It's completely reactionary. It wasn't premeditated or even an actual target area. It was the initiation of contact, which you are trying to distance yourself from.

I have no defense of any of other Draymond's kicks or groin associations, but this one is absurd if you think he intentionally thought to himself "let me hit him in the balls".

Anyone who's ever been on a basketball court and had something even close to something similar happening to them, they would easily agree that Draymond's response and reaction were absolutely tame.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm not.
There are countless others. You just see what you read here on this site and take that for gospel, which is erroneous.
Btw: I'm a native NYer & actually much more of a Knicks fan (since 1968)...I'm only rooting for the Dubs as I've been for many years because they're the local team here, and I appreciate their style of play.

You are right, I meant on this site.

I know you are a Knick fan.

When our Teams are not in the Mix, most of us root for one of the remaining Teams.

I totally agree about your take on Lebron.

He went straight Bill Lambeer the last few minutes of the game and totally baited Draymond.

But, you know the old saying...

We can't control what other people do. But, we can control how we react to it.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So disappointed in the Warriors' effort last night. I swear if you looked real close you could see those throats tightening up in the 4th quarter as they choked on shot after shot. Very unsettling. Hope they snap out of it.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want the Cavs to pull off the upset. Don't have much faith that will happen so I'm gonna throw a name out there for the MVP: Anderson Varejao. Why you might ask? For his floptastic performance so far.

Can someone please tell me why this guy is still in the NBA let alone playing in the NBA finals? Perhaps he was alright years ago, but all that I saw last night was a guy who can't score, rebound or play defense & makes D. Jordan & Shaq look like elite free throw shooters (not to mention his ridiculous flopping).

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right, I meant on this site.

I know you are a Knick fan.

When our Teams are not in the Mix, most of us root for one of the remaining Teams.

I totally agree about your take on Lebron.

He went straight Bill Lambeer the last few minutes of the game and totally baited Draymond.

But, you know the old saying...

We can't control what other people do. But, we can control how we react to it.

Like I said earlier..this will be the last time I delve into the topic.

In closing...The NBA failed to stand tall..when they could've taken the impartial stance and seen the contact as coincidental (which it was)..not to mention paling in comparison to some of his other F1's...instead they chose to take the side of one combatant against the other(which they did)..and for whatever lame reason they gave is immaterial now. They dropped the ball by virtue of their own silly rule and bylaws.
Just have to live with it...and focus on the next game.

TTYL

:suds:

Last edited:

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Was Lebron a bitch? Yes.

I agree. The upgrade to a flagrant foul was complete horse shit.

However, had he not had an accumulation of flagrant fouls, he would've played in game 5. I saw the one against Beasley. The one against Adams was egregious and un-called for and was deserving of an upgrade to flagrant 2. The one against Beasley was completely unnecessary given that it occurred with a second left in the game.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the only thing I'll say about Draymond's actual act, not in response to the suspension. I've been on record saying that by rule, he should have been suspended and it was the right call.

However, anyone saying that Draymond purposely took a shot at Lebron's junk is just flat out wrong. It was reactionary in trying to push/hit Lebron away from him. Lebron is hovering over him at the time and where was Draymond supposed to push him away.

Let's put it another way: If another guy bumps his chest into you, where is the first place you're likely to put your hands on him to get him away from you? Probably a shove in the chest. If someone puts their hands in your face and starts waving them around, you're probably going to swat their hand away. If someone is pushing you down with their knee, the first place you probably push them away again is at their knee.

It's completely reactionary. It wasn't premeditated or even an actual target area. It was the initiation of contact, which you are trying to distance yourself from.

I have no defense of any of other Draymond's kicks or groin associations, but this one is absurd if you think he intentionally thought to himself "let me hit him in the balls".

Anyone who's ever been on a basketball court and had something even close to something similar happening to them, they would easily agree that Draymond's response and reaction were absolutely tame.
I actually thought he DESERVED a suspension after the Adams punt, separate from any flagrant points or anything like that.

But this one was hardly deserving of a T, let alone an F1. And to only assess LeBron an after-the-fact T instead of an F1? It goes beyond any explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.