• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the letter of the law it was unnecessary contact which is considered a flagrant one. Also didn't help that Green became known for this. If it is Iguodola instead of Green then maybe they leave it as a common foul. I think the league just like myself is tired of Green and his actions
I know I'm late to the party, but deal with it...

By the letter of the 'rule' the league is suppose to consider the severity of the contact. I believe they failed applying this aspect 'to the letter of the rule'.

The League Office will consider the following factors (as well as any other relevant facts and circumstances) in determining whether to classify a foul as Flagrant "1" or Flagrant "2", to reclassify a flagrant foul, or to impose a fine and/or suspension on the player involved:

1. The severity of the contact;

2. Whether or not the player was making a legitimate basketball play (e.g., whether a player is making a legitimate effort to block a shot; note, however, that a foul committed during a block attempt can still be considered flagrant if other criteria are present such as recklessness and hard contact to the head);

3. Whether, on a foul committed with a player's arm or hand, the fouling player wound up and/or followed through after making contact;

4. The potential for injury resulting from contact (e.g., a blow to the head and a foul committed while a player is in a vulnerable position);

5. The severity of any injury suffered by the offended player; and

6. The outcome of the contact (e.g., whether it led to an altercation).

NOTE: Each team will continue to be held responsible for the actions of its players on the court. Accordingly, if any individual player or team (collectively) commits, in the judgment of the League Office, an excessive number of flagrant fouls during the Playoffs, the player and/or that team's Head Coach will be subject to appropriate fines and/or suspensions.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the letter of the 'rule' the league is suppose to consider the severity of the contact. I believe they failed applying this aspect 'to the letter of the rule'.

Great post.

The ONLY factor hat was present in the Green "hit" was number 2. I think we can agree it was a non basketball play. Let's be real though. There was no wind up or follow through, the contact was minor and LeBron did not even know it happened before watching the video, so obviously there was no possibility of injury.

So how again does this constitute a flagrant foul?

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really need to get a life and stop being such a post whore and slave to social media.

Go read a book...go for a bike ride...watch a movie...take guitar lessons..or do something constructive in your community.

Yeeeesh.

Go fuck off you stupid piece of shit. Go play in some traffic before the end of the night

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great post.

The ONLY factor hat was present in the Green "hit" was number 2. I think we can agree it was a non basketball play. Let's be real though. There was no wind up or follow through, the contact was minor and LeBron did not even know it happened before watching the video, so obviously there was no possibility of injury.

No Comment.

:whistle:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why is the "useful" rating not available here?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post.

I guess it arguably led to #6, an altercation; however, that was a very minor altercation. No punches thrown. Have you seen James Worthy's comment? He felt that NBA fans got cheated by the suspension.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned the "severity of contact" factor yesterday, and I stated that the contact here appeared minor because LeBron didn't even seem to be hurt by it at all. Can I get a useful rating, too?
How about a funny for rating-fishing?

:dhd:

Four4Four

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLEASE PLEASE OH PLEASE basketball gods, let there be a gm 7 Sunday nite. The ratings will be record setting. It will have a superbowl feel as well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? I've seen a lot of folks on here pretend that having Erving and Love didn't hurt Lebron and the Cavs in last year's Finals.

No you haven't. You've seen them say it's not an excuse. Which it isn't. Also, considering the fact that it's likely that the Cavs aren't going to win this year with both Kyrie and Love, it looks like they weren't missed last year.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has gotten LUCKY to win 2 games in this series. Despite what the pundits think, it's not about how well Lebron and Kyrie played......it's about how poorly GS shot the ball.

Cleveland is not playing these games with any sort of strategy. They aren't exploiting any mismatches, running any set plays to free up Love, nothing. They are getting outcoached in the WORST way.

Take game 5. For most of the 4th quarter, GS ran with Curry, Livingston, Thompson, Barnes and Igoudala. That's 2 PGs, 2 SGs and 1 SF. ZERO size.

Cleveland should have IMMEDIATELY put in Mozgov, Thompson AND Love and pounded the ball - play inside out basketball. The fact this never even OCCURRED to them with no Bogut in to defend the rim is mind boggling.

We're talking basketball 101 here. GS CANNOT defend size with both Green and Bogut out - it's only by sheer LUCK that Cleveland won that game regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.