• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it Minn
It really is not close though. They have averaged about the same point total, and LeBron does soooo much more.
He does but the energy that Irving is giving and his leadership and the fact he is killing curry tops everything else. Again this is how it stands now. LBJ is right there. nothing wrong with that.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland has gotten LUCKY to win 2 games in this series. Despite what the pundits think, it's not about how well Lebron and Kyrie played......it's about how poorly GS shot the ball.

Cleveland is not playing these games with any sort of strategy. They aren't exploiting any mismatches, running any set plays to free up Love, nothing. They are getting outcoached in the WORST way.

Take game 5. For most of the 4th quarter, GS ran with Curry, Livingston, Thompson, Barnes and Igoudala. That's 2 PGs, 2 SGs and 1 SF. ZERO size.

Cleveland should have IMMEDIATELY put in Mozgov, Thompson AND Love and pounded the ball - play inside out basketball. The fact this never even OCCURRED to them with no Bogut in to defend the rim is mind boggling.

We're talking basketball 101 here. GS CANNOT defend size with both Green and Bogut out - it's only by sheer LUCK that Cleveland won that game regardless.

I agree with some of this. I agree that in the 2 Cavs wins, the Warriors haven't shot the ball well. But I think that Cleveland's defense had something to do with it as well. In both of those games and even for a large chunk of game 4, they were able to keep the Warriors from getting up and down the floor and turning the game into a track meet.

In last nights game, they also did a good job, especially in the 2nd half of containing GSW's uptempo game. But the Cavs did get lucky in the sense that both Lebron and Kyrie were blistering hot and stayed that way for the entire game.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with some of this. I agree that in the 2 Cavs wins, the Warriors haven't shot the ball well. But I think that Cleveland's defense had something to do with it as well. In both of those games and even for a large chunk of game 4, they were able to keep the Warriors from getting up and down the floor and turning the game into a track meet.

In last nights game, they also did a good job, especially in the 2nd half of containing GSW's uptempo game. But the Cavs did get lucky in the sense that both Lebron and Kyrie were blistering hot and stayed that way for the entire game.

This is my point about STRATEGY.

Cleveland has a very big advantage in the paint......but they refuse to use it. In their only wins, they got most of their points from 5 players.......that simply isn't good enough to win this series.

NOBODY on the GS roster is going to be able to handle Mozgov, and he isn't all that good. Combine him with Love for a high/low option in the paint. What is GS going to do? Put Igoudala on him?

This frees up Kyrie and Lebron pretty easily to do whatever the hell they want. You have to respect both Mozgov and Love in the paint offensively.

I just can't believe NOBODY in Cleveland can see this.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my point about STRATEGY.

Cleveland has a very big advantage in the paint......but they refuse to use it. In their only wins, they got most of their points from 5 players.......that simply isn't good enough to win this series.

NOBODY on the GS roster is going to be able to handle Mozgov, and he isn't all that good. Combine him with Love for a high/low option in the paint. What is GS going to do? Put Igoudala on him?

This frees up Kyrie and Lebron pretty easily to do whatever the hell they want. You have to respect both Mozgov and Love in the paint offensively.

I just can't believe NOBODY in Cleveland can see this.

I get your point about strategy, but strategy ins't the problem. The problem is that they don't have enough players who can play both ends of the floor. If they want defense, they have to sacrifice on the offensive end of the floor by putting in guys like Shumpert and Dellavadova. If they want offense, then they stick with the starting lineup or bring in Frye for Love or TT.

Meanwhile, GSW has guys like Thompson, Green, Iguadola, Curry, Barnes, etc. who can all play both ends of the floor.

The problem with Mozgov is that he isn't very good and hasn't played well all season. There's a reason he's not starting and hasn't played much all year, let alone in the playoffs. He also can't switch on defense. Unless Bogut is in the game, Mozgov is not only worthless, he's a liability.

The only post player the Cavs have who can score is Love, but he's relegated to a 3 point shooter because of how Kyrie and Lebron dominate the ball. They are at their best when they are driving to the basket and Love in the post gets in the way of that because of the presence of TT, who they need in the post because he's been a beast on the offensive boards.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get your point about strategy, but strategy ins't the problem. The problem is that they don't have enough players who can play both ends of the floor. If they want defense, they have to sacrifice on the offensive end of the floor by putting in guys like Shumpert and Dellavadova. If they want offense, then they stick with the starting lineup or bring in Frye for Love or TT.

Meanwhile, GSW has guys like Thompson, Green, Iguadola, Curry, Barnes, etc. who can all play both ends of the floor.

The problem with Mozgov is that he isn't very good and hasn't played well all season. There's a reason he's not starting and hasn't played much all year, let alone in the playoffs. He also can't switch on defense. Unless Bogut is in the game, Mozgov is not only worthless, he's a liability.

The only post player the Cavs have who can score is Love, but he's relegated to a 3 point shooter because of how Kyrie and Lebron dominate the ball. They are at their best when they are driving to the basket and Love in the post gets in the way of that because of the presence of TT, who they need in the post because he's been a beast on the offensive boards.

I don't quite see it that way.

Mozgov just being in the lane with Love opens up the outside options. His size is a problem especially on the boards......and he's proven he can score 3 feet from the basket. GS simply doesn't have anyone that can match up with him, whether he's scoring or not. They have to move someone much smaller on him.....or double team in the paint.

You can open up the lane by having him set picks. It isn't that difficult. Inside out basketball.

Love isn't a scoring option because he doesn't seem to have any confidence. Nothing is falling for him, not even layups. Going big in the paint helps him tremendously on the boards as well.

Did you mention Delly and defense? Really? That dude really has no practical use in professional basketball. He has no handle, no shot, and he's not good defensively - he hustles hard, but he doesn't bring ANYTHING they can't easily replace.

I agree that the Cavs roster is limited. But I don't agree that Mozgov is a liability.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't quite see it that way.

Mozgov just being in the lane with Love opens up the outside options. His size is a problem especially on the boards......and he's proven he can score 3 feet from the basket. GS simply doesn't have anyone that can match up with him, whether he's scoring or not. They have to move someone much smaller on him.....or double team in the paint.

You can open up the lane by having him set picks. It isn't that difficult. Inside out basketball.

Love isn't a scoring option because he doesn't seem to have any confidence. Nothing is falling for him, not even layups. Going big in the paint helps him tremendously on the boards as well.

Did you mention Delly and defense? Really? That dude really has no practical use in professional basketball. He has no handle, no shot, and he's not good defensively - he hustles hard, but he doesn't bring ANYTHING they can't easily replace.

I agree that the Cavs roster is limited. But I don't agree that Mozgov is a liability.

Barnes and Green can defend Love and Mozgov a hell of a lot better than Mozgov and Love can defend Barnes and Green. Yes, Cleveland would have the rebounding edge, but they would be completely unable to match up on the other end. Also, Mozgov clogs the offensive lane more than Thompson does. Thompson never ties to post. He just stays opposite the ball and waits to duck in and crash the boards. Mozgov is not that kind of player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it Minn

He does but the energy that Irving is giving and his leadership and the fact he is killing curry tops everything else. Again this is how it stands now. LBJ is right there. nothing wrong with that.

You are looking at a 1 on 1 matchup. Irving was absolutely brutal in games 1 and 2, and was the reason the Cavs offense fell apart in the 4th quarter of game 4. Sure, he has been terrific in the wins, but that does not make his accomplishments more valuable than LBJ.

Even though Irving's stats are a lot better than Curry's, I would argue that his impact on the series has been less, and Curry is not even a top 3 candidate for Finals MVP unless he goes ballistic in game 6.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it Minn

I dont know why people failed to understand that Kyrie Irving- with how much he makes Curry work defensively DOES have an adverse effect on Curry's offensive game.

Curry has not had to guard an elite opposing point guard much in the playoffs the last 2 years but for some last round when Thompson wasnt guarding RW. When people kept ragging on Kyrie's D- i think they severely overlooked the fact that a guy like Curry has to work a MILLION times harder on defense against Kyrie instead of an exhausted beat to shit Dellavadova....You can see Kyrie working it too--- i dont think Currry is quite 100% and i think Irving is getting some perverse joy/revenge running Curry ragged on the defensive end after Kyrie experienced playing at far less than 100% last year

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Tristan Thompson should continue guarding Barnes and LeBron should guard Draymond.

Thompson is plenty athletic enough to guard Barnes....I dont know how all these TT haters fail to see his immense value. The guy can switch just about ANY pick and roll out there- and has done a pretty darn good job- as good as can be expected- when switched onto Curry and Thompson....its pretty awesome to watch. If any big men are watching the Finals watch him- thats the key to getting a payday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIGGY IS BACK!!!

I knew he would show his face after a cavs win.

So come on, what's the bullshit excuse for the absence then?

Last edited:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WIGGY IS BACK!!!

I knew he would show his face after a cavs win.

So come on, what's the bullshit excuse for the absence then?

You really need to ask?
He couldn't contain himself after Kyries great ( fluke) game.
You already know what to expect after the Warriors eventually win the series.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta give Wiggy credit.

He didn't come back in guns a blazing. He's been easing back in rather quietly and respectfully, imo.

His reason for being away was as legitimate as they get.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta give Wiggy credit.

He didn't come back in guns a blazing. He's been easing back in rather quietly and respectfully, imo.

His reason for being away was as legitimate as they get.

Did he state a reason?

If so, I missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.