• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to be honest of course that was a huge part of it- but in addition i got really sick right after the services and everything with some bad stomach issues. I missed the ENTIRE week of work last week. I am 189 lbs. right now- thats the LIGHTEST i have been since about junior year of high school. I missed like 7 work days in arow- i cant EVER EVER remember doing that before. Sucks....i havent even really gone out AT ALL for these Finals games and i highly doubt i do Thursday--- all though- at this point- i like watching the games in a smaller setting where i can actually hear what is going on.

I take the same approach. Better watching the game in the comfort of my own home than a sports bar. I like to use profane words towards my TV like I did in game 5. Doing that in a bar gets a little awkward. :D

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take the same approach. Better watching the game in the comfort of my own home than a sports bar. I like to use profane words towards my TV like I did in game 5. Doing that in a bar gets a little awkward. :D
haha...yah....earlier games in the playoffs is one thing when there is not much risk or pressure....when it gets to this point though i gotta watch and be able to listen carefully and go nuts and yell and be able to walk out into the garage and have a "smoke"....going to my parents and watching with my litle brother is prob the best environment

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you might have had what I got in January of last year. That shit lasted for 10 days and I didn't feel 100% for about a month after. It's the only time in my life I have ever considered going to the ER for being sick.
yah possibly...last tuesday night i couldnt stop throwing up...helluva an ab workout lemme tell ya! was REALLY REALLY close to going to the ER because i had to be just so freaking dehydrated from throwing up all day and barely eating...sucks.

i read Tom Clancy- the Cardinal of the Kremlin when i was sick----- they described an insane KGB interrogation method- where they would knock you out with drugs...youd wake up in a pitch black swimming pool that was body temperature in a wet suit, floating in buoyant salt water that was perfectly matched to body temperatue..yourd under water but have breathing stuff- but cant move....its 100% TOTAL sensory deprivation...after a while you literally think you are dead and start losing your mind until they have a voice tlak to you an get you to tell all your secrets......it was freaking CRAZY..

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great gesture and very nice move....

• ESPN.com news services
  • 7:31 AM PT

Turner Sports reporter Craig Sager will get a chance to work his first NBA Finals, thanks to a unique partnership with ESPN.

Sager, a 34-year Turner veteran and popular TNT sideline reporter known for wearing flashy suits, has continued to work as he faces a recurrence of the leukemia he has been battling for the past few years.

He has never worked an NBA Finals series but will share sideline reporting duties with Doris Burke for Thursday's Game 6 in Cleveland between theCavaliers and Golden State Warriors (ABC, 9 p.m. ET).

upload_2016-6-15_7-41-13.png

"I'd like to thank Turner and ESPN for approaching me with this tremendous opportunity to be part of The Finals broadcast team," Sager said in a statement. "I've been watching the series very closely and, while I do not want to distract in any way from the event itself, I look forward to being in the building for what will be an incredibly exciting Game 6. The NBA community is a very special one and this is a great honor."

On July 13, ESPN will present Sager with the Jimmy V Perseverance Award at The 2016 ESPYS.

"Craig is an iconic member of the NBA family who indelibly makes his mark on each and every broadcast," John Wildhack, ESPN executive vice president, production and programming, said in the statement. "I know our entire team is delighted to work with Craig for Game 6. We all agree his professional reputation is second-to-none, though it's his personal reputation -- that of class, selflessness and respect -- which makes this even more special for our team. We hope that this will be a special night for Craig and for NBA fans. We are grateful for his interest and for the continued collaboration with our friends at Turner."

Sager missed 11 months while undergoing treatment for leukemia and a bone marrow transplant from his son before returning to his position on the sideline during TNT's NBA coverage in March 2015. But he revealed in an interview with HBO in April that his cancer was no longer in remission.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I don't like @WiggyRuss as a poster but he's never been known to hide during the playoffs.

That's cause Cavs cruised through the East both seasons and had the injury excuse last Finals.

First true playoff adversity was this Finals.
Once the Cavs started losing at full strength vs Warriors, he was gone.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's cause Cavs cruised through the East both seasons and had the injury excuse last Finals.

First true playoff adversity was this Finals.
Once the Cavs started losing at full strength vs Warriors, he was gone.

Bulls say hi

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage.

If you recall, he penciled the Cavs in the Finals for the next decade before last season ever began.

I'm just saying that the Bulls had the Cavs on the ropes in their playoff series last year. They were up 2 - 1 in the series... seconds away from going up 3 - 1 if not for LeBron's game winning 3.

That definitely counts as "true playoff adversity", imo.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did anyone expect anything different?

I didn't.
So if Cle does manage to win it(I don't think they will), do we have an asterisk for LeBron in the court of public opinion?

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if Cle does manage to win it(I don't think they will), do we have an asterisk for LeBron in the court of public opinion?
Tempting to take this one... but I'm gonna leave it for a non-Cavs fan to answer.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying that the Bulls had the Cavs on the ropes in their playoff series last year. They were up 2 - 1 in the series... seconds away from going up 3 - 1 if not for LeBron's game winning 3.

That definitely counts as "true playoff adversity", imo.

Since they didn't lose, no way to know if he would have bolted down 3-1.

Let's leave it at you're entitled to your opinion and I'll stick with mine.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not from me.
If Cavs rally I'll give them all the credit in the world and eat all shit thrown in my direction.

#notconcerned

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy disappeared BEFORE the Cavs game 3 beatdown of the Warriors and didn't show himself after Game 3.

Proof enough for me.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Bogut news was probably expected and again unfortunate, but that's life in the NBA. The Warriors will have to deal with this injury as any other team would.

Really hoping the Warriors are able to put the clamps down defensively on Thursday. It's going to be really tough without their best backline defender, but the Warriors have shown they can go small and be effective. I think with only potentially 2 maximum games left, Kerr will finally shorten the rotation and go to maybe an 8 man rotation for the rest of the series. I would expect to see Curry, Klay, Barnes, Iguodala and Draymond, with Livingston, Ezeli and either Barbosa or Vareajo, depending on matchups.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not surprising at all. The fact that he couldn't put any weight on it made me think he'd be out for the Finals. If this was Green or Iggy, this would be a huge blow. Given that the Warriors have been at their best without Bogut, there is no excuse.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. Golden State has the better team. Outside of Irving, who's contributed from the Cavs side on a consistent basis? If the Cavs pull this off, unless half of the Warriors are injured, there's no asterisk.

I hate the Cavs, and I hate @WiggyRuss as a poster (although outside of talking about the Cavs, he seems decent). But I'm not going to discredit their accomplishments should they win. Lord knows that the people that put an asterisk next the Spurs '99 and Heat '12 title came across as the most brain-cell deficient fucks I've ever encountered.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Bogut news was probably expected and again unfortunate, but that's life in the NBA. The Warriors will have to deal with this injury as any other team would.

Really hoping the Warriors are able to put the clamps down defensively on Thursday. It's going to be really tough without their best backline defender, but the Warriors have shown they can go small and be effective. I think with only potentially 2 maximum games left, Kerr will finally shorten the rotation and go to maybe an 8 man rotation for the rest of the series. I would expect to see Curry, Klay, Barnes, Iguodala and Draymond, with Livingston, Ezeli and either Barbosa or Vareajo, depending on matchups.

I doubt we see McAdoo from here on out. And I could definitely see Kerr limiting the rotations as you mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.