• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You only need to go back and watch the 4th quarter of game 4 to change your answer to "yes".
only 4 pts in the 4th. 2 for 5 from the floor, 0-2 from 3.

Overall had a good game just struggled a little in the 4th. Irving took over so it was all good.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think about at this juncture that he's now averaging 1-point less than Kyrie after last night

To be clear... he's not averaging 1 less point. He has 1 less point.... total. So their average is basically identical.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron looked like Miami LeBron last night.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By definition, this was going off for Lebron. Think about at this juncture that he's now averaging 1-point less than Kyrie after last night (fully aware that they both scored 41 points). Offensively he hasn't been as effective as he could be. Last night is where he played a damn near perfect game.

I think when we talk about Lebron going off, it's to the effect of him having the game that he had last night. And even then, that performance ranked right up there with the 2012 game 6 in the ECF.
100% agree with the bold area. He isnt the same scorer anymore. he still does everything else fine like rebounding and assisting. Defense isnt as great anymore but his biggest drop is his offense. he isnt the top scorer. Like Kerr said that was the 1st game he really hit outside shots and they wont change their game plan. they will let his shoot. I would do the same.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only 4 pts in the 4th. 2 for 5 from the floor, 0-2 from 3.

Overall had a good game just struggled a little in the 4th. Irving took over so it was all good.

He completely locked down on D. I'm not sure he even gave up a point in the 4th.

If Kyrie is going off offensively, it's lebron's job to play D, rebound, and get the ball into the hands of one of the top offensive talents in the league. And that's exactly what he did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No u didnt. Everyone on sports TV or Radio is talking about Irving right now. Irving led that team last night. He gives them that Energy. It takes nothing away from LBJ but sometimes LBJ isnt the #1 man on his team. Just like last year Iggy won MVP. Curry is the better player but Iggy was the MVP of the Finals.

It was Irving Night last night and more so because he was going against the MVP. Thats why. Its that simple.

No doubt Irving was on fire but Lebron had the all-around best game. He played great defense as well as rebounded. Not sure who put the stat up but Lebron's man didn't score a single point in the 4th or was in the 2nd half...not sure. It is beyond crazy. Irving was special scoring the ball and had a clutch game but all-around Lebron was the man.

btw Curry hasn't been the 2nd best player on his team this series.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah I cant see both going off at the same time again like that. I been saying that but watch out some of these Bandwagon Cavs fan that just came back to board after 1 great win. Green being back is Big and Barnes doesnt have the play the 5. LOL

Green made a world of difference last night. The pick and roll defense that the Warriors thrived on throughout the season and playoffs was non-existent.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he did a few times in the Thunders series.... Klay Thompson single handedly kept his team in the game. Could've been even uglier, imo.

That dude has now had 4 or 5 stretches of ridiculous unconscious shooting in these playoffs.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly Thank you. Most points this year.

Clutch and Irving was too but it means nothing if they don't keep it going. Lebron has been the best overall player in this series and they need it to continue especially from Irving. They need Smith to go off one of these games honestly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As he did a few times in the Thunders series.... Klay Thompson single handedly kept his team in the game. Could've been even uglier, imo.

That dude has now had 4 or 5 stretches of ridiculous unconscious shooting in these playoffs.

Yep and I have always said I think Klay is the best all-around player on GS. He is a great defender and can do everything. I also think he is the best pure shooter. His streaks are ridiculous, some of those shots were deep deep.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt Irving was on fire but Lebron had the all-around best game. He played great defense as well as rebounded. Not sure who put the stat up but Lebron's man didn't score a single point in the 4th or was in the 2nd half...not sure. It is beyond crazy. Irving was special scoring the ball and had a clutch game but all-around Lebron was the man.

btw Curry hasn't been the 2nd best player on his team this series.

Ranking as far as overall play by the Warriors, IMO:

1) Green
2) Iggy
3) Thompson
4) Curry

I don't care about excuses. Curry needs to hit these wide open shots. His counter part in Klay played lights out in the first half and plays defense regularly on Kyrie. Looking at Klay's defense, he actually did really good. Irving was just on fire last night. You can't do anything about that. Had Green been in the game, you could've put Iggy on Irving to help limit him while putting Green on Lebron.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie and Lebron were in their top form last night. If they play like that, the Cavs are incredibly difficult to defend against. Draymond not being in there as a secondary defender and rebounder really hurt them in stretches, but I'm not sure how much of a difference he would have made defensively. Lebron and Kyrie were mostly just iso-ing but were amazing.

Game 6 will be interesting to see how it unfolds. Kyrie and Lebron are playing with supreme confidence. Role players typically play better at home. The Warriors will have an uphill battle on their hands.

Lastly the only plausible explanation I have for Curry playing the way he has is that with Space Jam 2 being green lit, Lebron already had Curry's powers stolen. Otherwise I have nothing.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and I'll give Wiggy's man, TT some credit. As we're comparing Love and TT, at least Thompson will go out and play hard and get rebounds. Is he worth the $85 million, shit no. But Love is paid more and doesn't do shit if he doesn't get the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.