• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another crucial aspect for the Dub's success on Thursday will be for Mo Buckets & HB not disappearing like they did earlier tonight....

LOL. If we're relying on Speights (and we are not), we're cooked. He's completely unreliable. His shot is inconsistent. He's way out of shape and is a statue on defense. He can hardly even jump for an NBA player, which is why he has a hard time finishing at the rim.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. If we're relying on Speights (and we are not), we're cooked. He's completely unreliable. His shot is inconsistent. He's way out of shape and is a statue on defense. He can hardly even jump for an NBA player, which is why he has a hard time finishing at the rim.

But yet...when his shots are dropping it helps to open up the floor for their better shooters..and makes things a little easier for them in the paint.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LEBRON TAKES THE HIGH ROAD ... AGAIN
LeBron James explained that he is not focused on what some Warriors are saying on social media but is keeping his attention on his team. "I don't even think that really matters."

High road?? Again?????

:pound:

Like the same high road he took in game 4 when he intentionally stepped over Green attempting to bait him....and then after the game cried to the media and suggesting to the nba something improper was done by another player, but not by him???

Hahahahahaha. High road indeed.

Good one.
You're too much, LeBitch!

:rolleyes2:

Last edited:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But yet...when his shots are dropping it helps to open up the floor for their better shooters..and makes things a little easier for them in the paint.

It's a nice bonus when he makes his shots, but it's inconsistent, and hence unreliable. If he's making his jump shots, then the Cavs' center will come out to defend it, but I'm not sure how valuable that is when the Cavs don't really have any excellent rim protectors that we need to draw out of the lane.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
High road???

Like the same high road he took in game 4 when he intentionally stepped over Green and baited him....and then after the game cried to the media suggesting to the nba something improper was done by another player, but not by him???

Hahahahahaha. High road indeed.
Good one.....you're too much, LeBitch!

He said he's been taking the high road for 13 years. LOL.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone was smokin in Oregon.

I thought it was a great game until GSWs stopped executing and making shots in middle of 2nd half.

Lebron was a beast on defense.

The Cavs went to "hero ball" in 2nd half. It worked tonight, but I don't see them winning 3 in a row just playing iso ball. (especially relying on Lebron to hit outside shots) The Cavs had 2 assists besides Lebron & Kyrie.

If Game 6 is played the same way by the Cavs -- they lose.

This is truth right here. Kyrie really didn't play any different tonight than in the other games where he was getting criticized by the experts. Lots of iso/hero ball but only difference was that he was absolutely fire today. Odds are that doesn't maintain itself. Lebron's jump shooting as well. If they fall into that type of game in Cleveland and no one else steps up (Love, JR, etc), the Cavs are gonna go down hard. Luckily for Cavs is that bench/supporting role players tend to play better at home.

I also don't expect Harrison Barnes to miss that many wide open 3s again. Curry seems to be struggling a bit, but we all know it just takes one quarter for him to go off. I think Warriors will be extra pumped with Draymond back and blowing a chance to close out at home. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see a double digit win by them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably because Draymond isn't going to be a perimeter defender on LeBron. If he makes those like he did, he is going to score 40 plus.

Yes, LeBron made shots tonight, but the real key was pick and roll defense. The Dubs were going under screens instead of switching no like they normally do with the small lineup. That provided a lot of space for LeBron to shoot whenever he wanted to.

No, Green is not he primary perimeter defender on LeBron, but his defense makes a huge impact on what LeBron is able to do. Kyrie is another story, but he is due for a down game after going nuts last night.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand. My point is Cavs fans got slammed last year by Warriors fans if they dare brought up that their 2nd and 3rd best players last year missed games 2-6. Sorry but I have no time for hypocrites so to see those same Warriors fans cry about Draymond not being there is comical to me.

To be fair though, green has a bigger impact on the Warriors than Love and Irving combined do on the Cavs. At least in this series.

Love has actually been more of a negative than a positive and Irving, while scoring, is dominating possessions to the point that unless he shoots like he did Monday, he ain't helping either.

I hear you about the no excuse thing, but there is also a hue difference between being injured and being suspended on a controversial call. Curry and Klay played well enough to win. The Warriors lost because their defense was crap. Their defense was crap because their best defender was not there.

Warriors now 0-2 in the season without Green and 6-3 without Curry.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah..okay...thanks, ckhokie

Had to go to bed, but would have said the same thing. Lebron has been crushing the finals for years - and specifically in elimination games

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had to go to bed, but would have said the same thing. Lebron has been crushing the finals for years - and specifically in elimination games

He still didn't answer my question about when Lebron choked since the 2011 finals. He is all talk and no action

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all just laugh at Kerr's in game adjustments also?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair though, green has a bigger impact on the Warriors than Love and Irving combined do on the Cavs. At least in this series.

Love has actually been more of a negative than a positive and Irving, while scoring, is dominating possessions to the point that unless he shoots like he did Monday, he ain't helping either.

I hear you about the no excuse thing, but there is also a hue difference between being injured and being suspended on a controversial call. Curry and Klay played well enough to win. The Warriors lost because their defense was crap. Their defense was crap because their best defender was not there.

Warriors now 0-2 in the season without Green and 6-3 without Curry.
Maybe, maybe not. Draymond was in when the Cavs destroyed them by 30, also. Love isn't needed, Kyrie absolutely is. His absence was the difference last year, as we saw Lebron was only able to carry the team all on his own for so many games before he got exhausted. Having another elite scorer makes all the difference in the world.

Also, Curry didn't really play well last night. He got shook his fair share by Kyrie (as did Klay), and he shot 38% from the field including some ugly misses. Klay went apeshit, at least in the first half, but overall it was simply the Lebron and Kyrie show. If Lebron has realized that he needs to stop being a facilitator and start being the dominant scorer he's been in the past (like how he played last night), the Cavs just may actually have a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.