• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, I just never liked the guy even BEFORE he hit an NBA court. all that "king", "Chosen One" crap really bothered me and told me this guy is as arrogant as they come...

but it is what it is. it ain't like he's the first egotistical player the NBA's ever had, but CERTAINLY one of the most publicized...

I can understand that. I live in Akron, so I've been hearing about him since he was a kid. I remember he got drafted by the Cavs and all the sudden there were signs around Akron saying "home of Lebron James." That kind of irked me, particularly that early in his career.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to mention the fact that you're talking about when he was 17 years old.

yeah, i'll give you that. in all honesty if I was that talented AND that young with that kinda income potential who knows HOW big my cranium woulda gotten...?

so I DO see your point there. problem is at some point kids DO grow up...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is where folks get it twisted. when did I ever say Kobe WASN'T arrogant? find me that post, i'll wait...

I'm just saying, you said you hated him bc of how arrogant he was. Kobe and Lebron are very similar actually...but Kobe played for the Lakers lol. If Lebron started with the Lakers you would be :fap: to him

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He deserves one imo.....regardless of which team wins.

I heard that the players would vote on it. I definitely think he'd get one. No one - LeBron included - logged more minutes in the last decade for CLE.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's weird bc what Lebron has done for the city is remarkable. Cleveland ,the city,without Lebron, even still not having any championships for a long time, is wildly known now. They still don't have success championships wise but Cleveland fans and just people that live in Ohio watch the games now and root for him just because of what he has done for Ohio.

True.

Some friends of mine have floor seats season tickets at Gund Arena - literally, first row, feet on the basketball floor - and I can tell you they're fucking ecstatic that Lebron's back. I forget which Finals game it was last year, but they sold their seats for $23k each. I cannot imagine being able or willing to cough up $46k to see a basketball game. Lebron would have to give me a pre-game handy for me to even consider it.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, i'll give you that. in all honesty if I was that talented AND that young with that kinda income potential who knows HOW big my cranium woulda gotten...?

so I DO see your point there. problem is at some point kids DO grow up...

It is crazy. I went to some of his H.S. games, one of the teams' practices and even a tour of the school bc I was thinking about attending H.S. there. People crowding around him everywhere he went, some things he just didn't have control over. He was a legend already when he was a sophomore in H.S.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, you said you hated him bc of how arrogant he was. Kobe and Lebron are very similar actually...but Kobe played for the Lakers lol. If Lebron started with the Lakers you would be :fap: to him

eh, I know Kobe was a dick actually. in fact I believe Michael Jordan was cut in the EXACT same mold, so I consider both 2 peas in a pod...

but for the most part both ALSO let their game do the talking. so I disagree with you there. neither player came into the league talked about like they were gods...

and no, I STILL never want El Beejay to sport Lakers purple and Gold. sorry...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, I know Kobe was a dick actually. in fact I believe Michael Jordan was cut in the EXACT same mold, so I consider both 2 peas in a pod...

but for the most part both ALSO let their game do the talking. so I disagree with you there. neither player came into the league talked about like they were gods...

and no, I STILL never want El Beejay to sport Lakers purple and Gold. sorry...

He never said he was a god, the whole state of Ohio brought that on him lol. And I call bs on that, you would adore him

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eh, I just never liked the guy even BEFORE he hit an NBA court. all that "king", "Chosen One" crap really bothered me and told me this guy is as arrogant as they come...

but it is what it is. it ain't like he's the first egotistical player the NBA's ever had, but CERTAINLY one of the most publicized...

Lighten up a bit...I hated Kobe for being a bitch and trying to rat out Shaq when he got his ass in trouble in Colo, and ultimately pushing the Diesel out of LA, but I got over it.

Lebron...the king stuff was just a play on his last name I think...your last sentence there is spot on...doesn't mean you have to like the guy, but Lebron is legit....top 4 or 5 in the history of the NBA imo.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to mention the fact that you're talking about when he was 17 years old.

Yeah, that's crazy shit. I can't imaging being that highly touted as a young man. I don't care who you are, that has to tweak your melon some.

Also, I was talking about this the other day - think about the reality of what, as a young man, he had to deal with in regards to that weird ghetto teammate of his banging his mom. True or false, those would be some difficult emotional waters to navigate for a young man under a microscope. I don't envy that.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up a bit...I hated Kobe for being a bitch and trying to rat out Shaq when he got his ass in trouble in Colo, and ultimately pushing the Diesel out of LA, but I got over it.

Lebron...the king stuff was just a play on his last name I think...your last sentence there is spot on...doesn't mean you have to like the guy, but Lebron is legit....top 4 or 5 in the history of the NBA imo.

CLEARLY you don't know the story, then Shaq got HIMSELF out of L.A. because he forced Doctor Buss's hand. Shaq wanted more money, plain and simple...

and I need to "lighten up" why again...?

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I said the Cavs could be this era Jazz, I only said that because losing to the Warriors back to back years is exactly what the Jazz did in the late 90's when the Bulls defeated them in back to back yrs

We all understood it.

Maybe he didn't follow the breadcrumbs to the beginning of the convo and just reacted off of one post.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched those series and witnessed Malone and Stockton put up bricks down the stretch (or get stripped by Jordan because Malone was lazy with the ball). That team was loaded by any eras standards. You can't build teams like that anymore. Everyone knows that GS has had the better team the last two seasons and if the Cavs win they beat a better team. Utah could have won at least one of the series if Karl Malone wasn't content to brick turnarounds from the elbow or Stockton could make an open jumper from 18 feet. That's what's so disappointing about those Jazz teams. They were good enough to win if they had actually shown some fucking heart.

Dude, all bk was comparing, was how Utah lost to the Bulls two years in a row. That would be the same for the Cavs if they lose this year again. You are thinking too hard.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLEARLY you don't know the story, then Shaq got HIMSELF out of L.A. because he forced Doctor Buss's hand. Shaq wanted more money, plain and simple...

and I need to "lighten up" why again...?

I can't push back on Shaq wanting more $, (who doesn't?) but you don't think Kobe's foot was nudging him out the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.