• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs VS Golden State Warriors

NBA Finals: Cleveland Cavs vs. Golden State Warriors

• Warriors Sweep

• Warriors in 5

• Warriors in 6 or 7

• Cavs Sweep

• Cavs in 5

• Cavs in 6 or 7

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A case could be made that the Cavs dared Livingston to beat them and he did.

They are covering Curry like a cheap suit.

No surprise he has been minimized.
Thats the stance I take, too, but we all know how the media gets when the narrative isn't 'big star dominates lesser team'. If anything they'll start showcasing Kerr more but I tend to agree that the Cavs are going way out of their way to cover the Warriors big 2 and certainly Curry.

A friend of mine IRL always tells me that you never go all-in on covering stars. You cover everyone else and let the stars get their 30-40 points with hero ball. The average NBA starter is competent enough to deal with gimmicks. In college, you run gimmicks like full court press and such. In the NBA, every man is a star. Livingston is matchup nightmare just not a superstar or anything. You can't just pretend he doesn't exist. You can't fake being better than another NBA team. You have to win the matchups without gimmicks.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the stance I take, too, but we all know how the media gets when the narrative isn't 'big star dominates lesser team'. If anything they'll start showcasing Kerr more but I tend to agree that the Cavs are going way out of their way to cover the Warriors big 2 and certainly Curry.

A friend of mine IRL always tells me that you never go all-in on covering stars. You cover everyone else and let the stars get their 30-40 points with hero ball. The average NBA starter is competent enough to deal with gimmicks. In college, you run gimmicks like full court press and such. In the NBA, every man is a star. Livingston is matchup nightmare just not a superstar or anything. You can't just pretend he doesn't exist. You can't fake being better than another NBA team. You have to win the matchups without gimmicks.

Well said and I totally agree.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah nice try. That isn't the 1st time you've taken 1 of my sarcastic Lakers comment a bit too seriously. Oddly enough other Laker fans knew I was joking. Anyway it's all good, just having some fun in this thread. You should try that 1 time.

I'm quite surprised you even know what 'sarcasm' means. You sure as hell can't pick up on it.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James had more help here then people want to give the Heat credit for.
That includes leadership, culture, coaching, etc..
Of course, James was the best player, but someone always is on every championship team.

Exactly. He teamed up with 2 other stars and had one of the best GM's in the business putting together the rest of the team. It's why he has 2 rings that he does.

If people recall, warriors were 75-1 before last season.
Weren't even in the discussion.
However, between the players growth, coaching and unselfishness, they've become elite.
Who on the Cavs is better this year then last year?
Theres been turmoil , changes, blame, uncertainy since James went back to the Cavs.
That doesn't equate to winning championships.
James is the leader.
He picked most everything and everyone there.

#nofreepasses

giphy.gif

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...like during the offseason....:D
The Warriors will look slightly different.

As long as they keep Livingston, Curry, Klay, Draymond, Iggy...they will be fine.

You can't fault guys for wanting to get paid, if the difference in money that the Warriors are offering is significantly less.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree.

His Grandpa was not doing well.

He gets a pass.......Unless it's true that he has logged on.

You can't spout as much vitriol as he does and then disappear like a fart in the wind when they lose.

Ps....how in the hell can you tell someone has logged on?

It's why I haven't given him any shit about it. He may have logged on from his phone a couple of times and just not felt like posting. I've done that when my wife was in the hospital.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pick Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robertson, and Elgin Baylor over James...

And that is without trying to think of others..
Agree with your list and I'll add in no particular order....

Bird, Kaj, Magic, Jordan, Duncan, Kobe....

I got Bron at #11...or tied for 10.

But, I think he could pass Kobe and Duncan....

Could, not WILL..

Status
Not open for further replies.