• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA 5 Year Draft Playoff Game 6

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That really doesn't make sense. The more shots you take doesn't mean the worse your shooting % will be.

I can't imagine Maravich's stats being better with the 3 point line when he only shot 44% from inside it.
Can we please stop this madness LOL

Maravich Career 24.2/5.1/4.2 Best season 31.1/5.1/5.4
Dumars Career 16.1/4.5/2.2 Best Season 23.5/4.0/1.9

In other words, Dumars CAREER year fell short of Maravich's Average year....IN EVERY CATAGORY LMAO

As to the 3 pointers, who knows, maybe another couple of points a game anyway, to 26-27 a game. The two guys aren't comparable, and Milks assertion that Dumars was MUCH better is absurd

:2cents::2cents:

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you could make a point for either player. Maravich was a good scorer who took alot of shots, he played on terrible teams which inflated some of his numbers. Dumars was a much better defender who didn't have to do everything for the Pistons.
Or....maybe Dumars would have scored less if he had been the focal point of a poor team and not on one of the greatest ever. Pete could have scored 30 a game or had 10 dimes, whatever they needed. JMHO

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we please stop this madness LOL

Maravich Career 24.2/5.1/4.2 Best season 31.1/5.1/5.4
Dumars Career 16.1/4.5/2.2 Best Season 23.5/4.0/1.9

In other words, Dumars CAREER year fell short of Maravich's Average year....IN EVERY CATAGORY LMAO

As to the 3 pointers, who knows, maybe another couple of points a game anyway, to 26-27 a game. The two guys aren't comparable, and Milks assertion that Dumars was MUCH better is absurd

:2cents::2cents:

Ill give you that... I like exaggerating... but either way it is a much closer comparison than any of us originally accounted for...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill give you that... I like exaggerating... but either way it is a much closer comparison than any of us originally accounted for...
Hey, I'm a Dumars fan, and have said he was a stud. I'm glad you've made the distinction that raw numbers aren't everything...I'll be reminding you of that when we do the baseball mock:suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or....maybe Dumars would have scored less if he had been the focal point of a poor team and not on one of the greatest ever. Pete could have scored 30 a game or had 10 dimes, whatever they needed. JMHO

As long as we are playing if, Dumars could have scored 30 a game and had 12 assists on terrible teams if he was asked to do everything or was a ball hog...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as we are playing if, Dumars could have scored 30 a game and had 12 assists on terrible teams if he was asked to do everything...
Maybe. I don't remember Joe D being an offensive demon...he got most of his off open shots through the flow of their offense, and with Laimbeer's underrated floor spacing and Zeke taking folks off the dribble. He rarely got doubled, because the other teams had to crash the boards to keep Rodman and Salley off them. He was a good all around player, and clutch as they come. Now for someone from that team that could light up anyone....The Microwave Baby(did I mention the Bad Boys were my all time favorite team?)

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I'm a Dumars fan, and have said he was a stud. I'm glad you've made the distinction that raw numbers aren't everything...I'll be reminding you of that when we do the baseball mock:suds:

I really don't look at raw numbers at all with baseball... I care more about lineup position and how they fit... and have particular requirements i like for each spot in the lineup...