• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NBA 5 Year Draft Playoff Game 6

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK

Starters
PG Deron Williams
SG Pete Maravich
SF Chris Mullen
PF Kevin Garnett
C Joe Barry Carroll

Bench
PG Gus Williams
SG Dick Van Arsdale
SF Dennis Scott
PF Bob Boozer
C Kenyon Martin

VS

NOS

STARTERS

PG - Gary Payton
SG - Joe Dumars
SF - Rudy Tomjanovich
PF - Kevin McHale
C - Darryl Dawkins

BENCH
PG - Lenny Wilkens
SG - Jerry Stackhouse
SF - Mike Miller
PF - Jim Washington
C - Channing Frye

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Nos gets to keep all 6 listed starters out there, he wins lol

I had these two teams basically even. Nos is better at PG with Glove over D Will. His bench is also better with Wilkins odd the bench. The KG/McHale matchup is a push. For UK, I like Pistol over Dumars and Mullen clearly over either SF. I also like JBC slightly over Chocolate Thunder. UK in a close one

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is good... I did fix me having 6... lol

Clearly I win at the point. Pete over Dumars? Not so fast, Pete scored alot cuz he shot alot, he was only a 44% shooter and Dumars was a great defensive player, I dont think you have a big advantage there. Payton over Williams is a bigger advantage IMO.

I was always a fan of Mullin but clearly over my Rudy T? They both shot 50% Mullin averaged 18.2 pts Rudy averaged 17.4 Mullin averaged 4.1 reb Rudy averaged 8.1. Rudy has 2 inches on Mullin as well. I can't agree with clearly.

I love Kevin Garnett I think everyone is aware of that but McHale taught KG how to play and as I said before McHale has maybe the best low post moves of all time. But i'm comfy calling this a push as Kevin was a beast.

JBC over Double D? I can't agree with that, Dawkins would push him all over the court. I know you if you had Dawkins you'd be saying you have him slightly over JBC. :suds:

I think I have a slightly better bench as well.

I gotta lean towards my team in this one... But not by alot.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is good... I did fix me having 6... lol

Clearly I win at the point. Pete over Dumars? Not so fast, Pete scored alot cuz he shot alot, he was only a 44% shooter and Dumars was a great defensive player, I dont think you have a big advantage there. Payton over Williams is a bigger advantage IMO.

I was always a fan of Mullin but clearly over my Rudy T? They both shot 50% Mullin averaged 18.2 pts Rudy averaged 17.4 Mullin averaged 4.1 reb Rudy averaged 8.1. Rudy has 2 inches on Mullin as well. I can't agree with clearly.

I love Kevin Garnett I think everyone is aware of that but McHale taught KG how to play and as I said before McHale has maybe the best low post moves of all time. But i'm comfy calling this a push as Kevin was a beast.

JBC over Double D? I can't agree with that, Dawkins would push him all over the court. I know you if you had Dawkins you'd be saying you have him slightly over JBC. :suds:

I think I have a slightly better bench as well.

I gotta lean towards my team in this one... But not by alot.
Good arguments both ways, it's a toss up. I like Dumars too. But Pistol and Mullen were also super smart and great passers. I think DD was overrated, but smashing backboards is too cool. Can't knock anyone who votes sees it either way

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like UKs bench over Nos bench because I think it is deeper, with more good players... Even if Nos has the Best man off the bench... But the problem is that the best man on the bench is only replacing the already weak spot mentioned on UKs team... so it is not like the bench player is going to change the style of play either team is playing...

I am still uncertain who I am going to pick... but right now I think I am leaning towards UK

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually like UKs bench over Nos bench because I think it is deeper, with more good players... Even if Nos has the Best man off the bench... But the problem is that the best man on the bench is only replacing the already weak spot mentioned on UKs team... so it is not like the bench player is going to change the style of play either team is playing...

I am still uncertain who I am going to pick... but right now I think I am leaning towards UK
It's an interesting thing on the PGs. I nearly started Gus Williams, who was a solid top tier guy, but I went with Deron based on his best years. Granted, he has sucked it up for the Nets, but the guy was right there with CP3 when he was with the Jazz

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it matters, I think Nos drafted a team that just will tie anyones team!!!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting thing on the PGs. I nearly started Gus Williams, who was a solid top tier guy, but I went with Deron based on his best years. Granted, he has sucked it up for the Nets, but the guy was right there with CP3 when he was with the Jazz
don't think it would matter even if you picked gus Williams... Both of his PGs are better than either of yours...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't think it would matter even if you picked gus Williams... Both of his PGs are better than either of yours...
No debate from me, though the numbers indicate it's not a total blowout there. Surprisingly enough, both my guys had better career numbers

D Williams Career 17.1/8.6 Best 20.1/10.3
G Williams Career 17.1/5.6 Best 23.4/6.9

G Payton Career 16.3/6.7 Best 24.2/8.9
L Wilkens Career 16.5/6.7 Best 22.4/8.2

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No debate from me, though the numbers indicate it's not a total blowout there. Surprisingly enough, both my guys had better career numbers

D Williams Career 17.1/8.6 Best 20.1/10.3
G Williams Career 17.1/5.6 Best 23.4/6.9

G Payton Career 16.3/6.7 Best 24.2/8.9
L Wilkens Career 16.5/6.7 Best 22.4/8.2

actually, statistically speaking, based on Win share/48
Payton-.148
wilkens-.12
deron-.136
Gus-.127
all played an average of over 30 minutes per game... So I guess you have a point...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it was just that his 2 PGs have played for so much longer that they are perceived to be significantly better...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nos

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumars over pistol Pete, and it is not even close...

I like Nos, starters more than UK, but UKs bench over Nos...

Since both teams are not Center STRONG(bench+ starter), i will base this on the shooting... And NOS wins...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dumars over pistol Pete, and it is not even close...

I like Nos, starters more than UK, but UKs bench over Nos...

Since both teams are not Center STRONG(bench+ starter), i will base this on the shooting... And NOS wins...
I have no problem with the Nos vote, his team might be better.....but.....my team has Mullen, Maravich, Dennis Scott and DVA and I lost on shooting? Ok lol

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with the Nos vote, his team might be better.....but.....my team has Mullen, Maravich, Dennis Scott and DVA and I lost on shooting? Ok lol

Bare with me, my basketball knowledge is not great... But what i meant was in the starting lineup...

I like Nos, starting lineup more than yours but i like your bench more than his... I just like the shooters of his starters more than yours, and i think the difference between your starters and his starters is bigger than the difference between your benches...

I was surprised to see Dumars stats being significantly better than pistol petes...

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bare with me, my basketball knowledge is not great... But what i meant was in the starting lineup...

I like Nos, starting lineup more than yours but i like your bench more than his... I just like the shooters of his starters more than yours, and i think the difference between your starters and his starters is bigger than the difference between your benches...

I was surprised to see Dumars stats being significantly better than pistol petes...

:suds:

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maravich and Scott were not good shooters Scott 41.7% although he was pretty good from downtown 39.7% but aside from his huge season of '95-'96 he never really averaged more than about two 3's made per game. Maravich 44.1% and he wasnt really an outside shooter. Not trying to argue the point or point out that my team was a great shooting team just sayin.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deron < Glove - I would say The Glove is hands down better even though DWill has good stats during his prime
Pete >/= Dumars - Dumars was a great defender but I have to give the slight edge to Pistol.
Mullin > Rudy - Both has similar stats but I think Mullin's was more of a pure shooter.
KG = McHale - This was the hardest one to pick. I really couldnt give the slight edge to either guy. Both of these guys were great defenders and great players in the low post.
Carroll >/= Dawkins - I give a slight edge to Carroll only cuz Dawkins was injury prone.

Bench wise I have it UK < Nos. Both have great 3 point shooters coming off the bench but I give it to Nos cuz he has Wilkens. In a game match I have UK just barely winning.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When can I vote again then have it ignored :mad2: LOL

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deron < Glove - I would say The Glove is hands down better even though DWill has good stats during his prime
Pete >/= Dumars - Dumars was a great defender but I have to give the slight edge to Pistol.
Mullin > Rudy - Both has similar stats but I think Mullin's was more of a pure shooter.
KG = McHale - This was the hardest one to pick. I really couldnt give the slight edge to either guy. Both of these guys were great defenders and great players in the low post.
Carroll >/= Dawkins - I give a slight edge to Carroll only cuz Dawkins was injury prone.

Bench wise I have it UK < Nos. Both have great 3 point shooters coming off the bench but I give it to Nos cuz he has Wilkens. In a game match I have UK just barely winning.

I dont think there is any comparison on the bolded, McHale was a much better low post player. But I got no arguments KG is my all time favorite so...