• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NATTY LOCATION

Should the game site change each year?

• NO, keep it in one location

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • YES, but stay within a rotation centrally located

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • N/A The higher ranked team should be able to host the game

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Potato Salad...DO IT!

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthest west that should be awarded is PHX and Vegas when that stadium is ready to go.

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Saban say before in regard to playing in Neutral site games that he likes getting the Alabama brand out to other markets, said it helps recruiting..
not so sure in this case.. :noidea:

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would make since to have it closer to the campuses that are playing in it. I hear the tickets this year are selling for half of face value.

Just checked stubhub and tickets are going for $160. Not a very good location this year.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Furthest west that should be awarded is PHX and Vegas when that stadium is ready to go.
L.A. is good too: either the Rose Bowl or the Colisuem! I also think the game in the Rams new stadium will be a high demand game. At least, I am going to plan on attending that one.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've heard Saban say before in regard to playing in Neutral site games that he likes getting the Alabama brand out to other markets, said it helps recruiting..
I like both. I'd like to see Alabama continue with the Neutral Games + play a home and home P5 series. I'd also like to see them expand the Neutral Games to Chicago (vs. Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, etc.) and New Jersey (vs. Syracuse, Rutgers, Army or Navy, etc.) - which are both fertile recruiting grounds too. With 4 OOC games, that is easy enough to do. For example, Duke @ Atlanta + home and home with Penn State would not be too taxing. Can both be done, just a matter of wanting to do so.

Bama Believer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like both. I'd like to see Alabama continue with the Neutral Games + play a home and home P5 series. I'd also like to see them expand the Neutral Games to Chicago (vs. Purdue, Northwestern, Illinois, Indiana, etc.) and New Jersey (vs. Syracuse, Rutgers, Army or Navy, etc.) - which are both fertile recruiting grounds too. With 4 OOC games, that is easy enough to do. For example, Duke @ Atlanta + home and home with Penn State would not be too taxing. Can both be done, just a matter of wanting to do so.
I agree, I personally would rather not play the cup cakes, but until the rules change, this is what we got.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year's game tickets were so expensive. This year it's the flight that'll get you. All said & done it'd cost you about the same in ATL or Bay Area. There were round-trip flights from BHM for under $600 just a few days ago. Fans could've actually done this trip for cheaper than an ATL NCG if you got in on the flight deals at the right time.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would do a rotation of this:

Jerryworld
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Whatever they are calling the stadium in Arizona these days
Atlanta

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit...who do you think did the Rebar for the stadium?

It is every bit the shithole SF is

You're on crack. You don't know shit. lol. Santa Clara is nothing like San Francisco. Nothing. It's like saying Laguna Beach is a ghetto because look at Compton. lol

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for the game to be played at rotating college stadiums around the country. I think a national title game at Notre Dame stadium, or the Swamp, or the Coliseum would be awesome. I'm probably in the minority. Sure, there'd be a shot that a team could potentially get a home national title game -- but even that would be super cool (not for the other team). Playing these games in NFL stadiums loses a bit of college luster to me. It's why the Rose Bowl has a different feel to it.

scopes_monkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love for the game to be played at rotating college stadiums around the country. I think a national title game at Notre Dame stadium, or the Swamp, or the Coliseum would be awesome. I'm probably in the minority. Sure, there'd be a shot that a team could potentially get a home national title game -- but even that would be super cool (not for the other team). Playing these games in NFL stadiums loses a bit of college luster to me. It's why the Rose Bowl has a different feel to it.
Yeah but those sites like ND or Gainesville just don't have the hotels for a NCG. There's a reason they are always in cities with big tourism business...to make it easier for fans to get & stay there. A couple years ago when it was in Phoenix it was really hard to get flights due to the smaller non-hub airport that doesn't do as much business.

I'd be more for the semis being hosted by the higher seed. That way it's more likely the fans could end up going on the bowl trip and the local economy gets another home game.

Tortilla Launcher

Defense is boring
Hoopla Cash
$ 354.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My luck if TTU ever made the NC game it would be in Jerry Land and tickets would be $5 grand.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure in ANY case. Sounds like rationalization to me.

Bama's brand is well known enough in ALL markets that they could play a neutral site game in Bumfucked, Egypt and still get recruits from anywhere on the planet.