• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Nascar is getting pretty pathetic!!!!

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NASCAR use to be the 43 best drivers racing for the cup. But now IMO there are about 20-25 great drivers, and the rest are drivers like Brian Scott Who made his first cup race last Saturday night. He is from Boise and the grandson of Joe Albertson, There are at least 20 drivers from Boise that are better drivers than Scott. I don't think he ever won a race here, then his dad bought a truck team and moved to NC and started racing trucks and then moved to the Nationwide series, with RCR, and his dad as his sponsor. And then there is Danica "Really" is she 1 of the best drivers in the U.S.A. but she makes SHR a lot of money. This is why I have cut way back on watching NASCAR. Yes NASCAR has gotten Pathetic, in more ways than one.

Cobalt1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What NASCAR are you talking about? Because there has not been an actual NASCAR race since 1986. That was the last year that any stock car even attempted a pretext of being based on a "stock" car. No car running in so-called "NASCAR" races today has one single stock part on them that can be found on the production car they are supposedly based on.

NASCAR has been officially dead for 27 years. You guys must have missed the obituary.

Cobalt1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick NASCAR lesson for those at home.

This is an actual stock car:

You could walk into any Hudson dealer, any day of the week and buy this car right off the showroom floor. And you could get it with the 308 cubic inch L head 6 cylinder, the 145 hp aluminum cylinder head and the Twin H twin carb setup. Bill France Sr. made sure of that before he would even allow Hudson to race these cars on the track with Twin H power. You probably could not just buy a car with the 7X engine in it, but you could buy the camshaft and other parts over the counter to turn the 308 into a 7X. This was an actual, stock car.

This is not a stock car:

This is a caricature of a real car. You can't buy this car in any Ford showroom in America. You can't buy a part from this car in any Ford parts department in America. They do not sell this car with this body, this engine and this drivetrain anywhere in America. The entire car from top to bottom is fabricated in a shop and not one piece of it ever sees a Ford production plant. It is a car made up from whole cloth.

I get the mystique of NASCAR racing. i get the whole fan thing, but it is a mystique that is based on something that does not exist any longer, and is long-dead. Decades dead. NASCAR needs to stop calling it stock car racing, because it isn't stock car racing, and hasn't been for a very long time.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick NASCAR lesson for those at home.

This is an actual stock car:

You could walk into any Hudson dealer, any day of the week and buy this car right off the showroom floor. And you could get it with the 308 cubic inch L head 6 cylinder, the 145 hp aluminum cylinder head and the Twin H twin carb setup. Bill France Sr. made sure of that before he would even allow Hudson to race these cars on the track with Twin H power. You probably could not just buy a car with the 7X engine in it, but you could buy the camshaft and other parts over the counter to turn the 308 into a 7X. This was an actual, stock car.

This is not a stock car:

This is a caricature of a real car. You can't buy this car in any Ford showroom in America. You can't buy a part from this car in any Ford parts department in America. They do not sell this car with this body, this engine and this drivetrain anywhere in America. The entire car from top to bottom is fabricated in a shop and not one piece of it ever sees a Ford production plant. It is a car made up from whole cloth.

I get the mystique of NASCAR racing. i get the whole fan thing, but it is a mystique that is based on something that does not exist any longer, and is long-dead. Decades dead. NASCAR needs to stop calling it stock car racing, because it isn't stock car racing, and hasn't been for a very long time.

I agree with you. I started following NASCAR in the late 70s when it was stock cars. I think the big change was made for the safety of the drivers. The tube frames have crumple points that absorb the impact for the driver. The cars all weigh the same, so you don't have a 1000 pound difference between a chevy and a Dodge. The safety I can under stand. As for the body it is B.S. that all the makes has to fit the same tinplate. I do think the Ford 9" differential is the only stock part on the race cars and they run them on all makes.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the heads are manufactured at each of the manufacturer's plant so Ford heads are different than Toyota, ect. Also, because few of the teams knew how to hook up the fuel injection, the manufacturer's along with two subcontracting companies make the fuel injection systems and the cpu's that run them. Everyone now buys from them like everyone must use Godyear POS tires!

The rear-ends are manufacturer-specific and the only suspension part that is stock and has been since 1952 is the V-rail rear suspension system taken from 1952 Chevy truck is still used today. Other than that, Cobalt is completely correct. Nice to see the ole Hudson. I actually grew up with a couple of those.

Cobalt1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the heads are manufactured at each of the manufacturer's plant so Ford heads are different than Toyota, ect. Also, because few of the teams knew how to hook up the fuel injection, the manufacturer's along with two subcontracting companies make the fuel injection systems and the cpu's that run them. Everyone now buys from them like everyone must use Godyear POS tires!

The rear-ends are manufacturer-specific and the only suspension part that is stock and has been since 1952 is the V-rail rear suspension system taken from 1952 Chevy truck is still used today. Other than that, Cobalt is completely correct. Nice to see the ole Hudson. I actually grew up with a couple of those.

Is a Ford Fusion built with a V8 engine and rear wheel drive?

Cobalt1959

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. I started following NASCAR in the late 70s when it was stock cars. I think the big change was made for the safety of the drivers. The tube frames have crumple points that absorb the impact for the driver. The cars all weigh the same, so you don't have a 1000 pound difference between a chevy and a Dodge. The safety I can under stand. As for the body it is B.S. that all the makes has to fit the same tinplate. I do think the Ford 9" differential is the only stock part on the race cars and they run them on all makes.

Actually, they changed because of money. In the early 80's the intermediate platform was on the way out and if NASCAR stuck to it's own rules, (and roots) you would have compacts with 4 cylinders and front wheel drive puttering around the track and NASCAR officials saw dollar signs evaporating right before their very eyes. So they just threw away the rule book and turned it into a free-for-all.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Cobalt, the same goes for the Impala and Toyota Camry. Pretty stupid representation by dopey running this dog and pony show. At least the Dodger Charger when they were still here and the Mustang and Camaro over in the Nation fit that bill.