• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My World Series Prediction

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are good but i do not think they can get past the Yanks.....If somehow the Rays get a playoff birth i think they post a better match up then any other American league team.....

Pretty sure that's what everyone said last year.... and we all know how that turned out.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers are good but i do not think they can get past the Yanks.....If somehow the Rays get a playoff birth i think they post a better match up then any other American league team.....

Thats what they said last year. On paper the Rangers are the best team but you still have to play the games.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like my dream match up is finally going to happen. Amazing! Great day. Going to be an epic series. At this point I really don't care who wins BUT I am sure that will change. Motte is on the mound right now to polish of the Brew crew.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks like my dream match up is finally going to happen. Amazing! Great day. Going to be an epic series. At this point I really don't care who wins BUT I am sure that will change. Motte is on the mound right now to polish of the Brew crew.

Now that we know the 2011 World Series Teams. Who do you pick to win the 2011 World series? Rangers or Cardinals and in how many games?

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Cardinals in no more than 6. Rangers always struggle against pitchers they've never seen before. Ranger starters have struggled or have been rattled all post season. I think the Cardinals can scratch out a few runs before the Rangers do which will neutralize the effectiveness of Ogando, Adams and Feliz. For all of Nellie's heroics and the huge close out game the Rangers haven't really been on fire offensively eking out games that could go either way. I also expect the Cardinal starters to have a much better showing this series. Not really a fan of Lohse or Jackson but both are serviceable and Garcia is really good regardless of his post season numbers.

AGZBASEBALL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I think the Cardinals in no more than 6. Rangers always struggle against pitchers they've never seen before. Ranger starters have struggled or have been rattled all post season. I think the Cardinals can scratch out a few runs before the Rangers do which will neutralize the effectiveness of Ogando, Adams and Feliz. For all of Nellie's heroics and the huge close out game the Rangers haven't really been on fire offensively eking out games that could go either way. I also expect the Cardinal starters to have a much better showing this series. Not really a fan of Lohse or Jackson but both are serviceable and Garcia is really good regardless of his post season numbers.

I pick the Rangers in 6 Games. Feel the Ranger Starters will Step Up in this Series. The Rangers will get their Offense Going and Beat the Cardinals. On Position Players The MLB Network gives the Rangers the Edge in 6 of the 8 Positions. Know Games are played on the Field. Feel the Rangers will win it this time.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I would have posted before the playoffs, I would have said Detroit over St. Louis in 4

After the Division, I would have said, Detroit over St. Louis in 4.

After the ALCS, I would have said, Detroit over St. Louis in 4 (I have a hard time with acceptance).

Before the World Series ... I would have to say, Texas over St. Louis in 7.

Texas show me a lot of class and you can't argue with a gut like Nolan Ryan.

St. Louis has always been my favorite National League team and Rogers Hornsby may have been the only player that could hit Ryan (if they played in the same era).

I still can't let go of 2006 (even tough 1968 was fun). That is the rational for my prediction. Yes, I am shollow (except when I'm deep).

st-louis-cardinals-and-texas-rangers.jpg

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect this series to be "normal" and not at all like either LCS. Both teams starters will pitch well. Carpenter is the best in the series. I think whoever has the lead going into the 7th will probably prevail. For some reason the Cardinals bullpen has been very impressive having overcome their early season woes and have grown from those bad experiences. There are some dynamite arms in that pen. Same with the Rangers.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know we will see but I think the Rangers hitters match up well against the Cards’ staff. Low K rates and porous defense against a lineup that makes contact and rarely strikes out