• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My wife loves football

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn playa you got to see some great gigs!! I was too young for Woodstock but grew up listening to the early 70's music second to none

I've definitely been lucky that way for sure!!!(however I turned down seeing the original Grateful Dead when I was about 16 and REALLY regret it almost 30 years later!!!) I've seen Phil Lesh and friends in Vegas, Neil Young at MSG, Santana in Vegas, Crosby, Still and Nash in Vegas(although Crosby sang the WORST solo EVER, it was embarrassing) and a bunch of other cool ones.... But the ONE thing I am SO happy about... I got to see my all time fave George Carlin live in the late 90's...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course how are they today? THEY SUCKED IN THE 70'S, 80'S 90'S

To be fair, even though you lost, you did make the SuperBowl in 1985... Just happened to face the same buzzsaw the Rams did in the NFC Championship Game...

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, even though you lost, you did make the SuperBowl in 1985... Just happened to face the same buzzsaw the Rams did in the NFC Championship Game...

The Pats had no business being in that game. They fluked into being there through the playoffs.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats had no business being in that game. They fluked into being there through the playoffs.

You really think so? I think any team getting there deserves it... They were definitely a VERY good team, they just happened to run into a team with one of the best D's of all time...

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've definitely been lucky that way for sure!!!(however I turned down seeing the original Grateful Dead when I was about 16 and REALLY regret it almost 30 years later!!!) I've seen Phil Lesh and friends in Vegas, Neil Young at MSG, Santana in Vegas, Crosby, Still and Nash in Vegas(although Crosby sang the WORST solo EVER, it was embarrassing) and a bunch of other cool ones.... But the ONE thing I am SO happy about... I got to see my all time fave George Carlin live in the late 90's...

Nice Santana is my fav guitarist Europa is awesome. Crosby and his voice were burnt so I could bet. CSNY Deja Vu was an awesome album. David Lee and 10 years after, J Geils, Grank Funk, Marshall Tucker way too many good bands and albums. i wish I kept mine from back in the day , prob over 300 my older brother gave me, even though kinda scratched up. I remember walking to the record store with my oldest brother in 73 and he bough 3 Dark Side of the Moon Albums. I was like WTF because us 3 brothers shared 1 BR and I was the youngest and had no voice. I was Monied out in no time, but got back into Floyd again eventually

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think so? I think any team getting there deserves it... They were definitely a VERY good team, they just happened to run into a team with one of the best D's of all time...

Nah,they weren't really all that good. If you go back and look at their post season all the wins were fluky.

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice Santana is my fav guitarist Europa is awesome. Crosby and his voice were burnt so I could bet. CSNY Deja Vu was an awesome album. David Lee and 10 years after, J Geils, Grank Funk, Marshall Tucker way too many good bands and albums. i wish I kept mine from back in the day , prob over 300 my older brother gave me, even though kinda scratched up. I remember walking to the record store with my oldest brother in 73 and he bough 3 Dark Side of the Moon Albums. I was like WTF because us 3 brothers shared 1 BR and I was the youngest and had no voice. I was Monied out in no time, but got back into Floyd again eventually

You left out wubba gubba with the green teeth.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah,they weren't really all that good. If you go back and look at their post season all the wins were fluky.

I think it would've been an interesting game had the Rams gotten through instead of the Bears... Yes we had Dickerson but our QB was freaking Dieter Brock!!! :lol:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know all to well. I spent 3 weeks in Cicero Ill selling SB stuff with my cuz. Almost got into a few beefs because people heard the East Coast accent. They are like "where you from?" I say "Rhode Island" they oh 'Long Island?" Me " yeah sure"

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would've been an interesting game had the Rams gotten through instead of the Bears... Yes we had Dickerson but our QB was freaking Dieter Brock!!! :lol:

The other thing to remember about that SB, is the Pats were doomed from the first offensive play from scrimmage. Lin Dawson went down with a blown knee.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know all to well. I spent 3 weeks in Cicero Ill selling SB stuff with my cuz. Almost got into a few beefs because people heard the East Coast accent. They are like "where you from?" I say "Rhode Island" they oh 'Long Island?" Me " yeah sure"

Really? I had no idea people were that familiar with Long Island(which is where I happen to be from :nod:) :lol:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing to remember about that SB, is the Pats were doomed from the first offensive play from scrimmage. Lin Dawson went down with a blown knee.

Definitely a bad omen!!!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a bad omen!!!

I've already told Sonny this one so he'll have to just hang on while I tell you.

And yes it's a true story.

The Thursday before the 01' season SB, Pats v Rams, I was leaving a project I was running in Durham at NCCU. This guy in a suit that was way more than the neighborhood called for asked me to stop. I walked over and he stated he was the Athletic Director. (We were reroofing the gym, I was the PM)

I answered all his questions about the project and then as we were about to part ways he asked if I was a Pats fan, or if I just like the hat I had on. I of course told him I was a life long fan going back to the early/mid 70's

He stuck out his hand to shake and said "I'm Lin Dawson of the New England Patriots".

I took it as an omen that the Pats would win.:yes:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already told Sonny this one so he'll have to just hang on while I tell you.

The Thursday before the 01' season SB, Pats v Rams, I was leaving a project I was running in Durham at NCCU. This guy in a suit that was way more than the neighborhood called for asked me to stop. I walked over and he stated he was the Athletic Director. (We were reroofing the gym, I was the PM)

I answered all his questions about the project and then as we were about to part ways he asked if I was a Pats fan, or if I just like the hat I had on. I of course told him I was a life long fan going back to the early/mid 70's

He stuck out his hand to shake and said "I'm Lin Dawson of the New England Patriots".

Pretty Damn Cool!!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm playing with my doll, so take your time

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note. My bosses son in-law is Ricky Proehl. Needless to say everyone in our office that year were Rams fans, fing brown nosers.

He was a Hell of a player!!! and not just for the Rams, he was pretty badass for the Cards too!!!

NEPatsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a Hell of a player!!! and not just for the Rams, he was pretty badass for the Cards too!!!

Panthers WR too, played for them when they lost to the Pats in the 03' season SB.

Kind of reminds me of Steve Largent.

His great catches, vs Tampa for example, used to hang in our hallways, now they are in the company gym they built when they remodeled a couple of years ago.