• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

NFL Hall of Fame Finalist

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In November, the list was cut to 26 candidates and, on Tuesday night, the 15 finalists for the class of 2017 were announced on NFL Network. It shouldn't come as a shock to hear that LaDainian Tomlinson headlines the list, which is pasted below, via Nola.com:

1. LaDainian Tomlinson (running back for the Chargers and Jets)
  2. Brian Dawkins (safety for the Eagles and Broncos)
  3. Jason Taylor (defensive end for the Dolphins, Jets, and Redskins)
  4. Morten Andersen (kicker for the Saints, Falcons, Chiefs, Vikings, and Giants)
  5. Kurt Warner (quarterback for the Rams, Cardinals, and Giants)
  6. Don Coryell (coach of the St. Louis Cardinals and Chargers)
  7. Tony Boselli (tackle for the Jaguars)
  8. Isaac Bruce (receiver for the Rams and 49ers)
  9. Terrell Davis (running back for the Broncos)
  10. Alan Faneca (guard for the Steelers, Jets, and Cardinals)
  11. Joe Jacoby (tackle for the Redskins)
  12. Ty Law (cornerback for the Patriots, Jets, Chiefs, and Broncos
  13. John Lynch (safety for the Buccaneers and Broncos)
  14. Kevin Mawae (center and guard for the Seahawks, Jets, and Titans)
  15. Terrell Owens (receiver for the 49ers, Eagles, Cowboys, Bills, and Bengals)
The 15 candidates will be considered for induction along with three other finalists who have already been named. Those three are former Seahawks safety Kenny Easley, who was selected as the Seniors Committee finalist in August, and Cowboys owner Jerry Jones and former NFL commissioner Paul Tagliabue -- both of whom were named contributor finalists.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KW and LT for sure...

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner, Owens, LT.... I'd probably vote for Morten myself but I know some hate kickers

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warner, Owens, LT.... I'd probably vote for Morten myself but I know some hate kickers
I agree with your first 3...but wouldn't add Morten Anderson. I'm not a fan of TO by any means, but he was the best player or the player you'd need to game plan for on his team for many years, and he'd still kick butt. I would also like to see Easley get in...the man was a fantastic player that played on crappy teams for year...and he was the one guy that could wreck your game if you didn't account for him.

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Dawkins should be a lock. I can't imagine any way of leaving him out.

cowboys5xsbs

Surprise Motherfucker
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Dawkins seems like a no brainer. That guy was a beast for years.

L.T. One of the greatest runningbacks of all time easy in

Kurt Warner went to two superbowls with different teams ( From what I remember was the only player to ever do this) Should be in maybe second try though.

T.O. Not much to say should have been in last year :mad2: Most definitively gets in this year.

If I had to vote Dawkins, Warner, L.T., T.O., and Mawea

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kurt Warner went to two superbowls with different teams ( From what I remember was the only player to ever do this) Should be in maybe second try though.

T.O. Not much to say should have been in last year :mad2: Most definitively gets in this year.

I was about to say, ask any Cowboy fan who they feared from the the Eagles back in the day and I bet it was Brian Dawkins. Damn, that is one player that we may never see again on an Eagles roster. Dawkins playing in the Jim Johnson defense, oh boy!

mall3013

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this!

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like (in no order):

Bruce (beast YAC and YPC WR)
Mawae (best Center for the longest time)
Owens (top 10 WR, his attitude/personality was just unlikable, but whatever)
Tomlinson (beast)
Dawkins (top 10 all time safety IMO)

Only person on the list that HEAVILY annoys me is Terrell Davis. Yah he had 2,000 yards but if Davis is a HOFer Shaun Alexander should be and IMO Shaun Alexander is NOT (course neither was the overrated Jerome Bettis but whatever). Davis had some great seasons before getting destroyed by an injury but Shaun Alexander was destroyed by a foot fracture as well, and Holmgren stupidly kept marching him out there because Shaun said Jesus or whatever would heal him.

If Davis got in and Alexander did not BULLSHIT. Alexander had 40 more TDs and 3,000 more yards than that guy. Davis shouldn't even be in the poll let alone that high on it.

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess a guy, who was the coach and the REAL GM of a DALLAS COWBOY team, who won back to back Super Bowls and responsible for three, ain't good enough.
......They have Jerry Jones qualifying, but no Jimmy Johnson......that's a laugh.
Jimmy Johnson, just like Theo Epstein of the Chicago Cubs, took the worst team in their sports, and made them into World Champions in four seasons (five seasons for Theo). How many coaches have won back to back Super Bowls........and was responsible for three? But I guess Jerry gets into the HOF, for ONE phone call to Jimmy.

Last edited:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note... Bummed Hines Ward didn't make the cut. There's quite the log-jam at WR so its understandable. Fat chance he would get voted in over guys like Owens or Bruce anyway. It'll take some time, but Hines will eventually get in.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1, 4, 5, 8, 10

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Faneca
2. Dawkins
3. Mawae
4. LDT
5. TO

6. TD
7. Coryell
8. Bruce

Last edited:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If T.O. doesn't get in this year, then he should say fuck the HOF and never accept it when they finally vote him in.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Joe Jacoby not in the HOF? He was just dominant. I hated that giant bastard...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be virtual locks - If they do not get in the media should not be allowed to make the selections.

T.O.
Dawkins
L.T

These guys should get in as well but not sure about calling them locks. (only because the selection process is crap IMO)

Kurt Warner - Probably hurt because he did not play as long as most QB's due to his late start.

Don Coryell - He was very innovative with his pass attack and could have very well changed the way offenses are played in the NFL. I personally think she should have been inducted a long time ago.

Joe Jacoby - Another player that should have been in a long time ago. How he is not in baffles me.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Peyton Manning did it too. I think those are the only two.