• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My top five prospects for the Lions at 23...and more

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont
Sorry, but I don't agree with one single thing in that post.

The Clown Show had their chance to sign Suh, they failed. Nobody other than Suh and his agent actually knows if he really just plain didn't want to play here so I don't think they are getting a pass from ownership on that one.

The cart is ahead of the horse if you have a great running back and a garbage line. And its a RB coming off a major injury who may not even be able to play. If you don't see the o-line as bad then why have we put up such garbage numbers over the past couple years? Who is the starting RT and LG?

If the Lions falter and have a poor season then I think ownership will make the change. Unfortunately I think LewAAnd may keep his job but Millenhew will be (and should be) gone. That's at least a step in the right direction of winning a championship.

I dont agree with the "cart ahead of the horse" logic because it really doesn't and cant always happen like that. You take who you can and build around that. We've seen this done millions of times. In a great running game, the RB and O-line go hand and hand. Both need to be very effective.

Im confident they will end up with a good LG, which is all they need, imo.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not having it both ways. When Ebron was picked it made me think Mayhew had final say is all.

I slam moves I do not like and praise moves I do. Now if you are calling me (us) out for that? I will never change. IMO some do give too many breaks to him. Some only speak when it is a bad move.
Hated the Ebron pick and said so... I was one of the first praising him for the Martin pick. I would pay money too. IMO I don't see Zanders having him 10th.

Just trying to figure how anyone knows what goes down and how anyone would know my stance on Mayhew.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lucas going to be healthy to start the season? This kid IMO needs reps and more reps. Waddle may or may not be hampered forever with this injury. So just saying we HAVE to get a RT IMO is a premature assumption.

Funny you hear guys mentioning Lucas could evolve to be a LT and move Reiff and then hear he is only a backup at best. I guess that is what makes this board interesting. The vast difference of opinions.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Lucas going to be healthy to start the season? This kid IMO needs reps and more reps. Waddle may or may not be hampered forever with this injury. So just saying we HAVE to get a RT IMO is a premature assumption.

Funny you hear guys mentioning Lucas could evolve to be a LT and move Reiff and then hear he is only a backup at best. I guess that is what makes this board interesting. The vast difference of opinions.

Yes, everyone does have their own opinion.

I just think they should continue to play Waddle or Lucas at RT for now and develop them. I dont mind adding a tackle as long they are way better than what we have. Changing the players along the O-line every year is never a good thing either.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB > RT.

I'd argue that an "impact" RB is more valuable than a RT. If you want to add a tackle, draft for a LT early. The Lions have two huge guys at RT and it would be a waste to try and draft for a RT, imo.

A LT is a different story.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB > RT.

I'd argue that an "impact" RB is more valuable than a RT. If you want to add a tackle, draft for a LT early. The Lions have two huge guys at RT and it would be a waste to try and draft for a RT, imo.

Agree... My question of Lucas was just asking others on his health. I have heard nothing about him not being 100% for camps.
The OL was horrible last year. Injuries played a big part of it with the right side. Then Sims and Dom flat out sucked. Well they are gone and Warford and Lucas are healthy. So IMO one LG is all you need to address OL.

I do not want a RB for the first pick (DT CB G/C) however the line can be addressed in second rd if they did get a RB first. Good G/C talent always in second round.

Need one of the 4 holes filled through FA before the draft.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of us watch a game or listen to a talking head and draw a conclusion. What I find funny is the guys that get paid the big money should know. Xanders for example drafted D. Thomas in Denver and passed on Dez Bryant. Fans in Denver hated that pick but they knew Bryant was a head case and Thomas was just as talented.

Could you imagine the boards if the Lions passed Gurley for Gordon. Although the hate would spew you have to trust your GM that they know something. So does Mayhew have that trust from fans that he could pass and point to his track record and say just wait?

I just don't think so.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Mayhew have that trust from fans that he could pass and point to his track record and say just wait?
49264-Nope-gif-5cYC.gif

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh -- I truly hope the Lions do not draft a RB in the 1st round, though I'd be willing to bet they probably do. Unless they draft the next Barry Sanders -- if you don't have holes to run through, it doesn't matter who the running back is.

I'd love to see the Lions shore up the trenches. Doesn't matter to me if it is the OL or the DL. We have need a couple DT's and a couple OL, so I would be happy to see them address a position of need. (yes -- i know RB is a position of need, but you can find RB's all over the draft and it is a really deep draft for RB's)

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB > RT.

I want to be nice about this, but I believe this idea about a LT being more valuable than a RT is horseshit manufactured by the media.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to be nice about this, but I believe this idea about a LT being more valuable than a RT is horseshit manufactured by the media.

Thats the way I feel about the RB position. Everyone seems to think "any" RB is the answer. I can name several teams with shitty O-lines and the RBs still run well.

Lions need to take care of the interior because thats where they where getting their asses kicked.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the way I feel about the RB position. Everyone seems to think "any" RB is the answer. I can name several teams with shitty O-lines and the RBs still run well.

Lions need to take care of the interior because thats where they where getting their asses kicked.

It is my opinion that the RB position is just as important as it ever was. Yes, with the size, speed, and strength of today's players, the position has a shorter shelf life. Doesn't make it any less important on the field.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres really no one I love in this draft. No guarantees the next regime even keeps the guys drafted this year, so the whole thing has been boring so far. Maybe it will pick up closer to draft weekend.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not having it both ways. When Ebron was picked it made me think Mayhew had final say is all.

I slam moves I do not like and praise moves I do. Now if you are calling me (us) out for that? I will never change. IMO some do give too many breaks to him. Some only speak when it is a bad move.
Hated the Ebron pick and said so... I was one of the first praising him for the Martin pick. I would pay money too. IMO I don't see Zanders having him 10th.

I doubt Xanders had him 10th as well. Smelled straight up like the ghost of Matt Millen whispering in MM's ear.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres really no one I love in this draft. No guarantees the next regime even keeps the guys drafted this year, so the whole thing has been boring so far. Maybe it will pick up closer to draft weekend.

Keep dreaming that there will be a next regime soon. Not happening unless the lions go several years of 5-11 or worse and even then the coaches may get the hook instead.

Completely pointless to keep hoping for failure in order for things to change.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep dreaming that there will be a next regime soon. Not happening unless the lions go several years of 5-11 or worse and even then the coaches may get the hook instead.

Completely pointless to keep hoping for failure in order for things to change.

Not hoping. Expecting. And I disagree that it will take years. One bad season without the playoffs and I think they're gone. Every move they make stinks w desperate intentions.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ford's let Millen's suck fest go on for half a decade. I cant see 1 bad year upending the whole organization.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ford's let Millen's suck fest go on for half a decade. I cant see 1 bad year upending the whole organization.

I'm hoping Junior isn't as blindly loyal as his old man was.

Otherwise it's hoping this craptastic offensive line magically gets a whole lot better, and that Austin is even better than we think he is. And that Lomtardi isn't the moron he seems to be.

I guess there's always fairy dust.