• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My top five prospects for the Lions at 23...and more

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Xanders make the pick? Im not sure how you guys know who's actually making the picks these days. I've noticed that if its a pick that the fans hate, it was Mayhew's pick and if it was a good one, it was Xanders. Where can I find the info that tells who made the pick?
Exactly. Revisionist history... they're just bending the available data to fit their hypotheses...

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what I am hearing about Waddells injury, I think we would have to take Flowers if he drops to 23.

I'd take Flowers over all these other chumps. Probably even over Gurley

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Revisionist history... they're just bending the available data to fit their hypotheses...

It's more or less that it wasn't until Xanders arrived and took over the scouting department was when MM had his best and most productive draft.

I think it was more or less how shitty Shack Harris was at his job.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I questioned this in a post other day. The scouting improved immensely when he came on board. IMO Mayhew still makes the final call. The Ebron pick is what forged my opinion. Am I right? Dunno... Just seemed Ebron was not Zanders style of first rounders with his track record.

As for finding your answer. Get with LPnSLC, surely he has a answer.

Cant have it both ways though. If Mayhew picks great players, fans always say its because of Xanders and his scouting or whatever but if not, its solely on Mayhew because he made the final call. I'd almost pay money to see where Xanders had Ebron rated and if he had anything to do with that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a front office trying to save their jobs after bombing on re-signing Suh. Do you really think they are going to spend a 1st rd pick on a player whose health status is iffy at best and most likely open the season on PUP (if he plays at all in 2015)?

I see Gurley as a very low probability of being the pick. That probability drops even further when you don't have a good o-line for him to run behind.

Im not sure where this comes from. Save their jobs? Suh was never coming back and everyone knows that except the ones that are in denial. Lewand and Mayhew couldn't do anything about that.

Drafting Gurley could actually prevent them from losing their jobs if you ask me, especially if he's a good player. They must get a running game or they will be in trouble. I agree with beefing up the oline but I dont see it as bad as some do.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure where this comes from. Save their jobs? Suh was never coming back and everyone knows that except the ones that are in denial. Lewand and Mayhew couldn't do anything about that.

Drafting Gurley could actually prevent them from losing their jobs if you ask me, especially if he's a good player. They must get a running game or they will be in trouble. I agree with beefing up the oline but I dont see it as bad as some do.

Sorry, but I don't agree with one single thing in that post.

The Clown Show had their chance to sign Suh, they failed. Nobody other than Suh and his agent actually knows if he really just plain didn't want to play here so I don't think they are getting a pass from ownership on that one.

The cart is ahead of the horse if you have a great running back and a garbage line. And its a RB coming off a major injury who may not even be able to play. If you don't see the o-line as bad then why have we put up such garbage numbers over the past couple years? Who is the starting RT and LG?

If the Lions falter and have a poor season then I think ownership will make the change. Unfortunately I think LewAAnd may keep his job but Millenhew will be (and should be) gone. That's at least a step in the right direction of winning a championship.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, but I don't agree with one single thing in that post.

The Clown Show had their chance to sign Suh, they failed. Nobody other than Suh and his agent actually knows if he really just plain didn't want to play here so I don't think they are getting a pass from ownership on that one.

The cart is ahead of the horse if you have a great running back and a garbage line. And its a RB coming off a major injury who may not even be able to play. If you don't see the o-line as bad then why have we put up such garbage numbers over the past couple years? Who is the starting RT and LG?

If the Lions falter and have a poor season then I think ownership will make the change. Unfortunately I think LewAAnd may keep his job but Millenhew will be (and should be) gone. That's at least a step in the right direction of winning a championship.

So is the o-line not as bad as it's being made to seem then, by your own admission right here?

The reason I ask is because you're using incorrect information as your supporting analysis as to why the o-line sucks, so I'm wondering if that means they don't suck as bad as you think they do?

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is the o-line not as bad as it's being made to seem then, by your own admission right here?

The reason I ask is because you're using incorrect information as your supporting analysis as to why the o-line sucks, so I'm wondering if that means they don't suck as bad as you think they do?

Oh please tell, what information am I using that is incorrect?

Is it the 29th ranking we put up in YPC? Perhaps the 28th in YPG. Or are you going to tell me that the 22nd they finished in YPC in 2013 somehow changes things? The pass protection sucked donkey balls last year as well.

Honestly, what is it that you possibly could think doesn't show that the o-line is horrible? They suck every bit as bad as I think they do.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let Xanders make the pick? Im not sure how you guys know who's actually making the picks these days. I've noticed that if its a pick that the fans hate, it was Mayhew's pick and if it was a good one, it was Xanders. Where can I find the info that tells who made the pick?

What I do know is Xanders was brought in to revamp the scouting and develop a matrix for UFA. Both of which corresponded to better picks in the later rounds. UFA like Waddel, Lucas and Fauria have made contributions. His first draft in Detroit also was widely seen as the best draft in the Mayhew era...2013 with Ansah, Slay, Warford, Taylor, Martin, Fuller, and Riddick.

What I also know is Mayhew has brought us LeShoure, Young, Broyles, and Best. I am only looking at offensive skilled position players. So if the Lions want to focus on a skilled position like RB sorry but I don't have much confidence in Mayhew. I would rather anyone else make the skilled player evaluations than Mayhew.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh please tell, what information am I using that is incorrect?

Is it the 29th ranking we put up in YPC? Perhaps the 28th in YPG. Or are you going to tell me that the 22nd they finished in YPC in 2013 somehow changes things? The pass protection sucked donkey balls last year as well.

Honestly, what is it that you possibly could think doesn't show that the o-line is horrible? They suck every bit as bad as I think they do.
Glad you asked- specifically I was refering to the part where you said that we've "put up such garbage numbers over the past couple years." While our offense took a huge step back last year, 2013's offensive numbers were certainly not "garbage" or really anywhere near the garbage area... they we actually quite good.

So, therefore, the information you seem to be basing at least part of your assessment on is factually incorrect...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it would seem to appear that you're only using the running game numbers as your entire analysis for how well the o-line plays.

So apparently the excellent job they did in pass-pro in 2013 doesn't factor in... convenient...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although it would seem to appear that you're only using the running game numbers as your entire analysis for how well the o-line plays.

So apparently the excellent job they did in pass-pro in 2013 doesn't factor in... convenient...

I would have thought that since the discussion was about drafting a RB you might have figured out it was run blocking I was talking about. But if you want me to include pass-pro I'm happy to do that. Where did we rank on QB sacks, pressures, and hurries last year? Was it good?

How much weighting do you want to put on our pass protection from 2013 when we ran a completely different offense? Seriously man?? Was Sims good that year too?

2014 review of the o-line's play........"well, we didn't block worth a shit in the running game but we made up for it with terrible pass protection".

What part of their play last year was anything less than horrible??

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait until your head is full of shitty dreads in that hot FL sun.
lol...Get your shaver ready Base. Jordan Cameron bumped his head this morning...he has another concussion. Kenny Stills is their best receiver now, I bring that up because Tannehill was 28th in YPA with Mike Wallace on his team. Mike averaged a not so great 12.9 a catch...this from a guy who averaged 21 one year with the Steelers. Not as paltry as Jarvis Landry's 8.9. Landry at 5'11", Still's at 6'0".

The question is...how are they going to score points to get to the 8 wins needed for me to throw away all personal hair hygiene? I actually watched quite a few Fins games and got to witness that dink and dunk offense. It was pretty bad in the 2nd half of the season.
Miami Dolphins 2015 Needs: Offensive Line

With the Bills and Jets seemingly improving, and the Pats being the Pats. I'd say my hair is safe. I think there is a good chance they take last in the division.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...Get your shaver ready Base. Jordan Cameron bumped his head this morning...he has another concussion. Kenny Stills is their best receiver now, I bring that up because Tannehill was 28th in YPA with Mike Wallace on his team. Mike averaged a not so great 12.9 a catch...this from a guy who averaged 21 one year with the Steelers. Not as paltry as Jarvis Landry's 8.9. Landry at 5'11", Still's at 6'0".

The question is...how are they going to score points to get to the 8 wins needed for me to throw away all personal hair hygiene? I actually watched quite a few Fins games and got to witness that dink and dunk offense. It was pretty bad in the 2nd half of the season.
Miami Dolphins 2015 Needs: Offensive Line

With the Bills and Jets seemingly improving, and the Pats being the Pats. I'd say my hair is safe. I think there is a good chance they take last in the division.

Lebronukong Suh, obviously. :yo:

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If JJ Watt played for Miami, he might be the best receiver on their team.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I do know is Xanders was brought in to revamp the scouting and develop a matrix for UFA. Both of which corresponded to better picks in the later rounds. UFA like Waddel, Lucas and Fauria have made contributions. His first draft in Detroit also was widely seen as the best draft in the Mayhew era...2013 with Ansah, Slay, Warford, Taylor, Martin, Fuller, and Riddick.

What I also know is Mayhew has brought us LeShoure, Young, Broyles, and Best. I am only looking at offensive skilled position players. So if the Lions want to focus on a skilled position like RB sorry but I don't have much confidence in Mayhew. I would rather anyone else make the skilled player evaluations than Mayhew.

Gotta say we have kicked ass on UDFAs

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant have it both ways though. If Mayhew picks great players, fans always say its because of Xanders and his scouting or whatever but if not, its solely on Mayhew because he made the final call. I'd almost pay money to see where Xanders had Ebron rated and if he had anything to do with that.

I am not having it both ways. When Ebron was picked it made me think Mayhew had final say is all.

I slam moves I do not like and praise moves I do. Now if you are calling me (us) out for that? I will never change. IMO some do give too many breaks to him. Some only speak when it is a bad move.
Hated the Ebron pick and said so... I was one of the first praising him for the Martin pick. I would pay money too. IMO I don't see Zanders having him 10th.