• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My simplistic thoughts from the game

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- Great running game yesterday, they were getting positive yardage on most runs that weren't sweeps by Gore....though those plays were really killing them. That against a pretty sturdy DL in SEA. Tons of misdirection and cuts from Gore.....seems like the Niners have to obscure the point of attack to succeed in the running game, especially against a sturdy DL like that.

- Passing game just has too many faults. None of the players involved are bad, but all have issues that don't mesh well together. Smith isn't throwing enough good passes to sustain drives, and the good ones he does throw are dropped way too often. He did make some key runs yesterday though and is playing composed enough to win no matter what happens.

WRs and VD have missed so many easy opportunities for big plays. All the blocking was good yesterday and has improved, but seems like that Seattle front isn't built to put a ton of pressure on the QB.

what is smith suppose to do? use a remote control to place the ball around defensive backs? we rarely opened up the offense for smith to actually make throws to sustain drives. seattle's secondary played lights out. if seattle can find a pass rusher that is gonna be one nasty d next season

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
what is smith suppose to do? use a remote control to place the ball around defensive backs? we rarely opened up the offense for smith to actually make throws to sustain drives. seattle's secondary played lights out. if seattle can find a pass rusher that is gonna be one nasty d next season

One of the problems is our receivers don't get separation. They need better routes schematically to help them get open. they can't seem to get open on their own.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only thing that bums me so much is the loss of

our no rushing TDs and 100 yd rusher.... had Willis been there, no 100 yrd rusher IMO....

oh yeah, our LBs and CBs need to get back to basics and learn to tackle...

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

our no rushing TDs and 100 yd rusher.... had Willis been there, no 100 yrd rusher IMO....

Ya, Grant missed an easy opportunity to tackle Lynch in the backfield on the touchdown run but he certainly made up for it with the strip of the ball at the end that caused the turnover. That was not only a hustle play but a very intelligent one. I'll be so glad when Willis gets back but its nice to know that there is a capable backup for both He and Bowman.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the biggest things I noticed in this game was Alex hitting those long sideline passes that he has seemingly had problems with this season and has been talked about to death. He hit every one of them - even though Crabtree dropped one and Vernon couldn't keep his feet in on the other one.

It is good news going forward if Alex has found the range on those passes now if only our guys can haul them in.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

So if they would've lost the game but kept those stats intact you would be happy? Stats, while nice water cooler material, are for losers!

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
One of the biggest things I noticed in this game was Alex hitting those long sideline passes that he has seemingly had problems with this season and has been talked about to death. He hit every one of them - even though Crabtree dropped one and Vernon couldn't keep his feet in on the other one.

It is good news going forward if Alex has found the range on those passes now if only our guys can haul them in.

Were you watching that same game that I was? Alex had Vernon wide open and threw the ball out of bounds, it wasn't Vernon's fault for not being able to keep his feet in bounds! Alex is still Alex, he hasn't gotten any better and he never will. Harbaugh has done a magnificent job protecting him and making it seem like he has though. Just imagine what he could do with a real QB!

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you watching that same game that I was? Alex had Vernon wide open and threw the ball out of bounds, it wasn't Vernon's fault for not being able to keep his feet in bounds! Alex is still Alex, he hasn't gotten any better and he never will. Harbaugh has done a magnificent job protecting him and making it seem like he has though. Just imagine what he could do with a real QB!

it was a great throw. vernon had two feet down but he bobbled the ball, then he didn't drag his feet.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So if they would've lost the game but kept those stats intact you would be happy? Stats, while nice water cooler material, are for losers!

you know, i'm almost 50/50 with that lol.....

it would've been an historic feat. that may not be duplicated for a long long time.

besides we were still winning and had the punt not been blocked, the seattle offense would've started very far away while trailing by 6....

the win and record were still in tact.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I don't understand what has happened to the middle of the field? Why do they never use it for pass routes anymore? That is where Davis and Edwards used to do their damage.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Disagree. If Davis hadn't bobbled the catch he's in bounds.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand what has happened to the middle of the field? Why do they never use it for pass routes anymore? That is where Davis and Edwards used to do their damage.

i think it was respect for the range of earl thomas.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Obviously I was not watching the same game you were. Nor was anyone else around here from the looks of it. This post is reminiscent of the espn boards :tsk:

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but Earl Thomas only plays for Seattle. Where has it been the last 4 or 5 weeks? Can you recall the last pass over the middle that went down the seam or the last crossing route?

I'm not too worried about that, Alex has proven he can make those throws, just saving it for the playoffs. :lol: Plus if Alex can prove he can make the sideline throws I think it opens the middle back up.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not too worried about that, Alex has proven he can make those throws, just saving it for the playoffs. :lol: Plus if Alex can prove he can make the sideline throws I think it opens the middle back up.

I'm not sure the playoffs is the time to be working on that though. That is why it is imperative that the 49ers get the first-round bye. They'll have two weeks to work on things on the same field they'll be playing the game on.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously I was not watching the same game you were. Nor was anyone else around here from the looks of it. This post is reminiscent of the espn boards :tsk:

Alex made some great throws, Crabtree and Davis both missed a couple of catches they could have made in the first half.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The play I'm talking about was early on in the game, I know what I saw. You guys can think what you want and keep on making excuses for Smith, doesn't make a fuck to me.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but Earl Thomas only plays for Seattle. Where has it been the last 4 or 5 weeks? Can you recall the last pass over the middle that went down the seam or the last crossing route?

i envisioned davis taking a safety and giving crabtree the middle of the field to gain some yac. don't think i've ever seen it. i'm hoping they're saving stuff like that for the playoffs, but who knows what the coaching staff is thinking.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The play I'm talking about was early on in the game, I know what I saw. You guys can think what you want and keep on making excuses for Smith, doesn't make a fuck to me.

we all know the play you're talking about. there wasn't many. davis made one great catch in the 2nd on what was a great throw to get the pass over the defender.

the sideline throw in the 1st half was on the money and davis took a full step before securing the ball, by that point he was out of bounds. it is retarded how people continue to complain about smith even when he's making enough plays to help us win games.