• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My simplistic thoughts from the game

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like how these divisional games are turning into the Cardinals and Seahawks constantly trying to start fights and taking cheap shots to injure the 49ers players.

I really dislike the Cardinals because Dockett has promoted that atmosphere in 49ers/Cardinals games... of playing dirty with the intent of injuring our guys, and his teammates have bought into it... and now it seems that Carroll is promoting that shit in Seattle.

I don't see this crap in the NFC East, South, or Central.. I see them playing hard and every yard is contested... but I don't see the constant scrums and just waiting for another fistfight. Maybe I just don't watch enough division battles though, maybe they're all like that and I haven't noticed.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
there is NOT a SEVERE lack of talent, we have PLENTY of weapons......step yo game up

No? So how else do you explain why Harbaugh plays it so conservative inside the opponents 20 like he has ALL DAMN SEASON? Name one player, besides Frank Gore, that scares any defense? I'm not trying to start a war here, I'm just calling it like I see it. Harbaugh has done a masterful job with the talent, or lack thereof, on offense. If the 9ers weren't leading the league in takeaway's, it's record would be 3-12 with this offense. I've been a fan for 30 years and I'm happy as hell that they are having the season that they are. But you can't serously say that you are totally satisfied with the way the offense has performed and think that we are set with the players we currently have.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't see this crap in the NFC East, South, or Central.. I see them playing hard and every yard is contested... but I don't see the constant scrums and just waiting for another fistfight.

tyb......you do see this stuff in the bigger AFC matchups though. Steelers-Ravens games tend to be the dirtiest around, because both teams like to intimidate. Looks like these NFC west teams are shaping up the same way, where they all want to be the toughest and most physical on principle, leads to these showdowns.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tyb......you do see this stuff in the bigger AFC matchups though. Steelers-Ravens games tend to be the dirtiest around, because both teams like to intimidate. Looks like these NFC west teams are shaping up the same way, where they all want to be the toughest and most physical on principle, leads to these showdowns.

I've noticed how they won't give an inch over anything, and I like that part of their games where it's a battle for every yard. Like I said, maybe I haven't paid close enough attention to other rivals like this, since I'm not as interested in their teams, that I've missed the shoving fights that draw crowds.

I mean, that part doesn't bother me, what annoys me is stuff like Doucet hitting Goldson on the head while he's sitting on his butt... which leads to a fistfight.. and Williams on his knees and giving himself up and getting clobbered. Especially since it's been illegal for 50 some years to drill a kick returner once he's fallen to the ground... that was just cheap.

So, I guess my bitch was about the cheapshots and fistfights that result from these other guys taking cheap shots on the 49ers because they are trying to be tough.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
- Great running game yesterday, they were getting positive yardage on most runs that weren't sweeps by Gore....though those plays were really killing them. That against a pretty sturdy DL in SEA. Tons of misdirection and cuts from Gore.....seems like the Niners have to obscure the point of attack to succeed in the running game, especially against a sturdy DL like that.

- Passing game just has too many faults. None of the players involved are bad, but all have issues that don't mesh well together. Smith isn't throwing enough good passes to sustain drives, and the good ones he does throw are dropped way too often. He did make some key runs yesterday though and is playing composed enough to win no matter what happens.

WRs and VD have missed so many easy opportunities for big plays. All the blocking was good yesterday and has improved, but seems like that Seattle front isn't built to put a ton of pressure on the QB.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So, I guess my bitch was about the cheapshots and fistfights that result from these other guys taking cheap shots on the 49ers because they are trying to be tough.

There are always a couple hotheads that take things up a notch.....watching the Niners closely, seems like Culliver is a guy that starts a lot of stuff and gets in guys' faces, and Rachal is definitely a guy that is going to be active when things get testy....a lot of running around late in plays looking for someone to hit. Anthony Davis also busy in that dept.

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, and the other small thing I noticed.....Hunter is obviously awesome and will be a key piece going forward, but it will be interesting to see how his size plays. Red Bryant absolutely blew him up twice yesterday and Hunter felt it both times. He seems like he really needs to add some strength, and certainly avoid the big shots like the great RBs seem to do.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, like that play where Culliver made the tackle and then got up in his face. Guess he was carrying a grudge from something earlier. I've also seen Davis running around looking for someone to hit and I think it was the Lions game where Davis was pissing off the left side of their DL. Suh ripped off his helmet once, and then other guys kept shoving Davis back to the ground after the play was over and he was getting up. Nothing cheap about that stuff though... just that testy stuff you mentioned.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ha, this is great:

But Harbaugh made it seem like something huge was at stake when he called timeout early in the second half before a crucial fourth-down play.

Harbaugh immediately ordered his offense to come off the field and surround him, then performed an emphatic monologue, complete with big hand gestures and a general challenge to his offensive line.

What was that about?

"A little bit of gamesmanship," Harbaugh said, explaining that he wanted the Seahawks to think he was yelling at the offensive line to set up a run play when he had a pass all ready to go.

Yes, it was a play-action pass that ended up gaining 16 yards when Smith hit Davis deep in Seahawks territory.

Smith said he didn't quite know what was going on when Harbaugh was yelping at the offensive line for such a long time.

"He's going off on a tirade about running the ball and being physical, I was like, 'man, it's like fourth-and-2 or -3,' " Smith said.

"And then he kind of alluded that it would be the play-action pass. Good play-call. Nothing surprises any of us any more with him. Just got a lot of tricks up his sleeve."

Kawakami: It wasn't pretty, but 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh got what he wanted - San Jose Mercury News

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
No? So how else do you explain why Harbaugh plays it so conservative inside the opponents 20 like he has ALL DAMN SEASON? Name one player, besides Frank Gore, that scares any defense? I'm not trying to start a war here, I'm just calling it like I see it. Harbaugh has done a masterful job with the talent, or lack thereof, on offense. If the 9ers weren't leading the league in takeaway's, it's record would be 3-12 with this offense. I've been a fan for 30 years and I'm happy as hell that they are having the season that they are. But you can't serously say that you are totally satisfied with the way the offense has performed and think that we are set with the players we currently have.

for the rest of this season, yeah happy as hell too.

looking ahead yes, you can't expect to lead the NFL in turnovers. so this defense can only do so much. however, doubt anyone is satisfied with this offense? no question this offense will have to push itself a little more, every player execute a little bit more, and sprinkle in a few more downfield passes. don't want to turn into a passing offense, but just improve execution as a Unit.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are always a couple hotheads that take things up a notch.....watching the Niners closely, seems like Culliver is a guy that starts a lot of stuff and gets in guys' faces, and Rachal is definitely a guy that is going to be active when things get testy....a lot of running around late in plays looking for someone to hit. Anthony Davis also busy in that dept.

I honestly think that on Cullivers tackle the receiver said something when they were on the ground for a second. Because the way Culliver got up it didn't seem like he was just fired up about the hit...it looked more like someone just called his mom a dumb bitch or something. Anthony Davis, out of anybody on the team, is the most ready to get in a fight. I like it to a certain extent. Look at Larry Allen, he was kinda the same way. My thought is just that yesterday the guys were trying to "fight" first, play football second.

It even goes back to that clip pre game of Willis pumping everybody up saying that coach (didn't catch witch one) was talking about real men don't punch going backwards, they throw haymakers going forward. (tell that to Anderson Silva, or Chuck Liddell) So you know "hitting them in the mouth" so to speak, was a point of emphasis all week long. I just think too many guys took that a little too much to heart.

It's funny we were talking about the biggest rivalry in another thread... watch next week the intensity drop off when we play the Rams. Sure, there isn't much to play for on their side, but you can tell the dislike between the Niners/Seahawks. Now that it is Carroll vs Harbaugh that just adds to it.

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I disagree. It wasn't pretty but it was a good hard fought win and closer than it should've been with that blocked punt leading to an easy TD for Seattle.

We went to one of the hardest places to play on a short week after playing the Steelers to play a divisional rival who always plays us tough and who also have a physical style of play and came out with the W and that's what good teams go out and do.

The things that stuck out to me from the game was like it's already been mentioned that we play waaay too much for the 3 points and not for getting the 1st down and going for a TD. It's approach that's not going to work against the Saints and Packers in the playoffs but I'm assuming the coaching knows this and we'll be more aggressive against those kind of teams.

While it wasn't statistically pretty I thought Smith had a pretty solid outing. No turnovers again, hit the big passes he needed, and was made pretty sound decisions with the ball. His weapons on the other hand......

Once again another game with too many drops. These guys need to start coming down with these difficult catches and too many big plays are lost to this. It's like we're competing to see who can be the least dynamic receiver on the team.

Gore had a pretty solid game but he's looking like he did a bit early on the year and I just get the impression he's a bit banged up so getting that bye I believe will be huge for him.

Defensively it was another great performance and after that opening TD Seattle really didn't do much offensively after that. Shame the rushing TD streak ended the way it did as I thought it the way the D was playing Lynch was unlikely to sniff the endzone again.

Now hopefully the Saints will do us a favor and lose so we can put guys like Gore on the shelf for the next two weeks and have him out there nice and fresh for the playoffs.

I'll give you this much; it was a much needed win and the defense was solid. There is a lot of room for improvement on offense from the players to the coaches to the startegy used.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to hold the offense much more accountable, and that includes playcalling, receivers and qb being on the same page, next season after a full training camp and offseason. This year I am very happy with the progress shown by Smith and his ability to eliminate the gut wrenching mistakes (like Tavaris Jackson still makes), and occasionally come through with the big plays when needed (4th and goal at the endof the game against Detroit, pass first 3rd quarter against Philly and the whole game against the Giants, yesterday on the passes to Crabtree and VD at a crucial times in the game).

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
You are new so I'll cut you some slack, but don't bring that homer shit here. You know damn well there isn't an impact player on the offense. To pretend otherwise makes you look foolish.

I'd just like to see Alex given a chance to make a play from time to time. The drive where we took the lead 19-17 is a perfect example. We get into field goal range almost immediately with a long pass to Crabby. And then we friggin run Gore three straight times. I know theres always risk of a sack or a turnover...but the day is gonna come where Akers has a bad day. I hope its not this year, but relying on a kicker week after week after week to get all your points (well, almost all of them) isnt a wise thing to do.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'd just like to see Alex given a chance to make a play from time to time. The drive where we took the lead 19-17 is a perfect example. We get into field goal range almost immediately with a long pass to Crabby. And then we friggin run Gore three straight times. I know theres always risk of a sack or a turnover...but the day is gonna come where Akers has a bad day. I hope its not this year, but relying on a kicker week after week after week to get all your points (well, almost all of them) isnt a wise thing to do.

Agreed. That is what I'm talking about when I see there is a very slim margin for error with this type of offense. One mistake and the team could lose the game.

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agreed. That is what I'm talking about when I see there is a very slim margin for error with this type of offense. One mistake and the team could lose the game.

To me, Alex has shown that he can make plays when asked to this year. The game that stands out to me where he wasnt able to was against the Cardinals a couple weeks back. However, he wasnt asked to do anything (and wasnt allowed to attempt to) until AFTER Arizona had grabbed all the momentum in the 2nd half. How different could things have been if he were given common sense plays to run, we'll never know. But it seemed to me like the man made plays yesterday in a hostile environment. Hell, the drive where we made it 13-10 (or was it 16-10? I cant remember) we were near the end zone then and called a draw..it was called back and what did we do? Ran another draw. Just stupid. Had we got a TD there you really put the pressure on Tarvarious and company. At some point take the training bra off and put on the double D's :-P (my sad attempt at humor for the day)

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
To me, Alex has shown that he can make plays when asked to this year. The game that stands out to me where he wasnt able to was against the Cardinals a couple weeks back. However, he wasnt asked to do anything (and wasnt allowed to attempt to) until AFTER Arizona had grabbed all the momentum in the 2nd half. How different could things have been if he were given common sense plays to run, we'll never know. But it seemed to me like the man made plays yesterday in a hostile environment. Hell, the drive where we made it 13-10 (or was it 16-10? I cant remember) we were near the end zone then and called a draw..it was called back and what did we do? Ran another draw. Just stupid. Had we got a TD there you really put the pressure on Tarvarious and company. At some point take the training bra off and put on the double D's :-P (my sad attempt at humor for the day)

That one really set me off as well. I lost a lot of respect for Harbaugh there.