• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My simplistic thoughts from the game

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because I went to it and had great seats, so it's more about the feel. That was a huge playoff atmosphere, for anyone who hasn't been to a Seattle game that is one fucking loud stadium, you can't even hear yourself think, so for Alex Smith to keep his cool and lead the drives that he did was huge, and for the line to only have one or two false starts was also good. I can't imagine them playing in a less hospitable atmosphere in the playoffs. And again, watching Smith on some the throws to open the second half and on 4th down when the team needed it was great. Had Crabtree caught those passes near the endzone in the first half (and I had seats on the field near the 30 yard line and they really should have been caught), the game would not have been as close. I know the game was close and people might be dismayed by that, but Seattle was fighting for their lives, they weren't showing the score of the Detroit game so they didn't know they were out of it, and they have a fantastic defense. All in all in was a great game to go to!

xJuicex

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like there was a lot of 49ers fans at the game. i saw a whole lot of red when they would show the stands.

Grant got showered in skittles by some 49ers fans after the forced fumble LMAO that was great.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offensive line held up fairly well. play calling makes me facepalm every drive. constant sweeps to gore, no bootlegs in the red zone, too conservative especially after making a huge play on the game winning field goal.

Ties5o11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crabtree had one of the drops in the first quarter. Davis had the second. Both seemed to make up for it later with big plays.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just because I went to it and had great seats, so it's more about the feel. That was a huge playoff atmosphere, for anyone who hasn't been to a Seattle game that is one fucking loud stadium, you can't even hear yourself think, so for Alex Smith to keep his cool and lead the drives that he did was huge, and for the line to only have one or two false starts was also good. I can't imagine them playing in a less hospitable atmosphere in the playoffs. And again, watching Smith on some the throws to open the second half and on 4th down when the team needed it was great. Had Crabtree caught those passes near the endzone in the first half (and I had seats on the field near the 30 yard line and they really should have been caught), the game would not have been as close. I know the game was close and people might be dismayed by that, but Seattle was fighting for their lives, they weren't showing the score of the Detroit game so they didn't know they were out of it, and they have a fantastic defense. All in all in was a great game to go to!

I was also at the game, ~35 yard line behind the Seahawks. I also thought it was interesting about the detroit game, IE not showing the score. They did say that detroit went in with a 24 point half time lead and the crowd kind of let down until the blocked punt. That is what really impressed me the most. the crowd was going bananas after the blocked punt and TD and for the Niners to stay composed and march down the field was cool to watch!

Mozart'sGhost

"Floating In My Tin Can, High Above The World...."
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
offensive line held up fairly well. play calling makes me facepalm every drive. constant sweeps to gore, no bootlegs in the red zone, too conservative especially after making a huge play on the game winning field goal.

The running plays on third and long inside the ten were outrageous. Absolutely disgusting.

polfnikufesin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The running plays on third and long inside the ten were outrageous. Absolutely disgusting.

Harbaugh was clearly playing for FG's on the two 3rd and long plays in Seattle territory. I was beyond pissed, but after thinking about it, I think he's just protecting Smith. He's trying to avoid turnovers, get 3 points, and put it on the D's shoulders. This is just the way this year's 9ers team is going to have to win games, it's not going to change. Harbaugh knows that there's a sever lack of talent on offense, but he's has managed to get the absolute max out of them. For that, I have to give him a lot of credit.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
protecting smith? he was making good throws, he was showing poise, the offensive line was holding up. at some point we need to go for the throat. one bad bounce and we lose this game.

on the 2nd down play where smith had davis open for a second, they had the whole left side of the endzone with nobody there. but every route went to the right side. i bet smith could have rolled out and walked into the endzone.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Harbaugh was clearly playing for FG's on the two 3rd and long plays in Seattle territory. I was beyond pissed, but after thinking about it, I think he's just protecting Smith. He's trying to avoid turnovers, get 3 points, and put it on the D's shoulders. This is just the way this year's 9ers team is going to have to win games, it's not going to change. Harbaugh knows that there's a sever lack of talent on offense, but he's has managed to get the absolute max out of them. For that, I have to give him a lot of credit.

I sure hope the don't try that shit in the playoffs against the Saints. I'd like to see them go for their throats.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
protecting smith? he was making good throws, he was showing poise, the offensive line was holding up. at some point we need to go for the throat. one bad bounce and we lose this game.

on the 2nd down play where smith had davis open for a second, they had the whole left side of the endzone with nobody there. but every route went to the right side. i bet smith could have rolled out and walked into the endzone.

That is what scares me. The margin for error when playing like this is so slim that one mistake can cost them the game.

Mozart'sGhost

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
They've been playing that way all year, nothing's going to change in the playoff's.

Then the Saints will eat them alive. Even Harbaugh must know that he has to open it up some against the great offensive teams. This stuff works against the mediocre teams but won't work against the big boys.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been playing that way all year, nothing's going to change in the playoff's.

it's one thing to play conservative, but you need to at least try to put points on the board. not to mention our secondary might get eaten alive by brees

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is what scares me. The margin for error when playing like this is so slim that one mistake can cost them the game.

True, but for the blocked punt the 49ers would have completely dominated the 2nd half, and it wouldn't have been close. Also had Crabtree caught those passes near the end zone (which ended in a missed field goal), the score would have been different. I also saw that they got 178 yards on the ground yesterday, so the play calling was doing something right. I know this, if they are lucky enough to travel to Green Bay for a playoff game, they won't lose their composure, and when they needed Smith to make some key throws in the second half when the crowd was going bananas he did, I can't tell you how huge that was, given the atmosphere in the stadium.

NinerBlood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

there is NOT a SEVERE lack of talent, we have PLENTY of weapons......step yo game up

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's great to play conservative and lean on our d. but in the playoffs i'd like to see us open it up when the opportunity comes. like against the saints, if we can get a good match up personel wise, go no huddle. hopefully we'll have a bye week to prepare the sequence. not to mention when u go no huddle u don't usually get those exotic blitz packages, which would only help our pass blocking.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
As simple as it gets; the 49ers got lucky.

I disagree. It wasn't pretty but it was a good hard fought win and closer than it should've been with that blocked punt leading to an easy TD for Seattle.

We went to one of the hardest places to play on a short week after playing the Steelers to play a divisional rival who always plays us tough and who also have a physical style of play and came out with the W and that's what good teams go out and do.

The things that stuck out to me from the game was like it's already been mentioned that we play waaay too much for the 3 points and not for getting the 1st down and going for a TD. It's approach that's not going to work against the Saints and Packers in the playoffs but I'm assuming the coaching knows this and we'll be more aggressive against those kind of teams.

While it wasn't statistically pretty I thought Smith had a pretty solid outing. No turnovers again, hit the big passes he needed, and was made pretty sound decisions with the ball. His weapons on the other hand......

Once again another game with too many drops. These guys need to start coming down with these difficult catches and too many big plays are lost to this. It's like we're competing to see who can be the least dynamic receiver on the team.

Gore had a pretty solid game but he's looking like he did a bit early on the year and I just get the impression he's a bit banged up so getting that bye I believe will be huge for him.

Defensively it was another great performance and after that opening TD Seattle really didn't do much offensively after that. Shame the rushing TD streak ended the way it did as I thought it the way the D was playing Lynch was unlikely to sniff the endzone again.

Now hopefully the Saints will do us a favor and lose so we can put guys like Gore on the shelf for the next two weeks and have him out there nice and fresh for the playoffs.