• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Preseason Power Rankings

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why everyone thinks Seattle will be #1. They will be good, but not without Harvin. Their top 2 WR's are injured, their defense has suspensions piling up, and their QB has a lot to prove. I think they will be a top 10 team in the NFC, but not the entire NFL.

You're a Steelers fan. You should know as well as anyone what a team is capable of with a deep defense and excellent power run game.

And they have one suspension at a position of depth, thats hardly "piling up".

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is most fans/teams look at the Raiders and say that is the one easy win on the schedule. With the team being in cap hell for a while they just don't have the talent to match up with teams in the NFL.

I'm no Raiders fan but after watching their first (preseason) game, I think they are definitely not #32 anymore. They played well and if they keep it up, nobody would be looking at them as a "bye week"

The way the Broncos played, they should not be taking anybody likely. IMHO

A lot of people (me included) expected the Broncos to beat the Ravens in their first game. Broncos have a long way to go.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
A reception just got over-turned because the receiver didn't maintain possession after hitting the ground out of bounds. That seems like a silly rule. Once he catches the ball & hits the ground out of bounds, it seems like the play should be over at that instant.

Oh well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A reception just got over-turned because the receiver didn't maintain possession after hitting the ground out of bounds. That seems like a silly rule. Once he catches the ball & hits the ground out of bounds, it seems like the play should be over at that instant.

Oh well.

That used to be the rule and we changed it why?

I'm not sure I disagree with the rule inbounds - but out of bounds, when they are landing in all kinds of stuff besides turf?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm no Raiders fan but after watching their first (preseason) game, I think they are definitely not #32 anymore. They played well and if they keep it up, nobody would be looking at them as a "bye week"

The way the Broncos played, they should not be taking anybody likely. IMHO

A lot of people (me included) expected the Broncos to beat the Ravens in their first game. Broncos have a long way to go.

Couple of things here...The first being reading how good or bad a team looks in the preseason to judge how they will do in the regular season is ridiculous. The Lions looked good a few years back going undefeated in the preseason then next thing you know they go 0-16. To me the Raiders showed pretty much what the biggest issue for them this season will be and that is pressure on the quarterback. They have very little pass rush and also then the OL can struggle at times as well. They did look better than I expected though I will admit that.

Now again with the Broncos reading too much into preseason is ridiculous. The OL just got Clady back on Saturday and the one pressure play the 49ers got on the 1st team Offense was against Clady's replacement so have a hard time seeing Clady give up that pressure. My guess is by the time the season actually rolls around there will be 2 different starters on the OL than what played that night.

Defensively the Broncos looked fine. They got pressure only bringing 4 guys which is what you want to see and the secondary was only playing a zone defense (which they actually rarely play in the actual season). Heck they had the MLB covering Boldin. I don't think they will be doing that once the season actually would matter.

andyham7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton, I dont disagree too much on your rankings, however ATLANTA and the VIKES are way too high.
The Cardinals too low and I am sure you have a good explanation for Seattle.
Overall though, not too far apart!

Being a Saint fan, I dont want to, but I must concur on them until proven wrong about the D!
If they do prove us wrong or hold opponents under 20 avg (maybe even 23 or 24) they are in playoffs!

KillaWatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Houston better then Den and NE? Pretty sure they took a beatdown last year. It's just dumb. And KC cmon man really.

Houston beat the crap out of Denver last year,and when they played New England last year they didnt have Cushing, pro bowl CB Johnathan Joseph was injured,Brice McCain.....the list goes on...Beat-up Texans defense will be challenged - Boston.com

And the Texans embarrassed super bowl champs the Ravens to the tune of 43-13 last year.

This year everyone is healthy and they added DeAndre Hopkins who appears to be legit,DJ Swearingen and of course Ed Reed....who I'm not sold on.

All in all the Texans are improved over last year and the Pats have lost a crapload of good players for shall we say various reasons.
Denver lost their starting center but they picked up some good talent this year. In fact I fear them way more then the Pats.

Oh....Sup Y'all! Yeah I'm new,but I thought I would just jump right in.
Looking forward to talking some football.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston beat the crap out of Denver last year,and when they played New England last year they didnt have Cushing, pro bowl CB Johnathan Joseph was injured,Brice McCain.....the list goes on...Beat-up Texans defense will be challenged - Boston.com

And the Texans embarrassed super bowl champs the Ravens to the tune of 43-13 last year.

This year everyone is healthy and they added DeAndre Hopkins who appears to be legit,DJ Swearingen and of course Ed Reed....who I'm not sold on.

All in all the Texans are improved over last year and the Pats have lost a crapload of good players for shall we say various reasons.
Denver lost their starting center but they picked up some good talent this year. In fact I fear them way more then the Pats.

I will admit the Texans did impress me last season when I saw them play the Broncos. I wouldn't go as far as to say they crushed the Broncos as it was a 1 touchdown game. I also don't hold too much thought into those first 5 games since Peyton even admitted that his arm was not quite right yet and he was still trying to get used to playing football again.

Right now I would put Houston definitely up there in the top 5 teams of the AFC that actually stand a legitimate chance at the Superbowl. Only thing that I see that holds them back compared to say Denver or the Patriots is the fact that I just don't trust Shaub to actually lead the Texans to victory when it really matters. He is a good game manager but far from elite. Otherwise they do seem to have a great team with a guy that I consider last year to truly have one of the greatest seasons in NFL history with what Watt did. Man that guy was fun to watch except when he was playing the Broncos.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, Im kinda factoring in the prospect that they might get banged up a bit and Im honestly not sure its possible for JJ Watt to be better than he was last year.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh well.

That used to be the rule and we changed it why?

I'm not sure I disagree with the rule inbounds - but out of bounds, when they are landing in all kinds of stuff besides turf?

You've had to hold the ball all the way through the ground as long as I've been watching football. It makes sense to me. If you can't get up with it how much control did you really have?

catchbluefish

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not hating on the texans, I think they are an extremely talented team. But I wasn't buying into them last year for two reasons: Shaub and Kubiak. I am not buying into them this year until I see a reason to for 2 reasons: Sahub and Kubiak. But I won't say I have never been shown to be wrong before:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

KillaWatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit the Texans did impress me last season when I saw them play the Broncos. I wouldn't go as far as to say they crushed the Broncos as it was a 1 touchdown game. I also don't hold too much thought into those first 5 games since Peyton even admitted that his arm was not quite right yet and he was still trying to get used to playing football again.

Right now I would put Houston definitely up there in the top 5 teams of the AFC that actually stand a legitimate chance at the Superbowl. Only thing that I see that holds them back compared to say Denver or the Patriots is the fact that I just don't trust Shaub to actually lead the Texans to victory when it really matters. He is a good game manager but far from elite. Otherwise they do seem to have a great team with a guy that I consider last year to truly have one of the greatest seasons in NFL history with what Watt did. Man that guy was fun to watch except when he was playing the Broncos.

The final score of the Denver game is misleading. Kubiak took his foot off the gas like he always does. Cant stand that about him!!
But I agree with you about Shaub to a certain extent. He has some nice stats but no big games.
If he chokes this year his days are numbered.

And again,you guys are the only team in the AFC that I'm really worried about.
The Ravens and the Pats are going to drop off IMHO. They both lost to much talent.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final score of the Denver game is misleading. Kubiak took his foot off the gas like he always does. Cant stand that about him!!
But I agree with you about Shaub to a certain extent. He has some nice stats but no big games.
If he chokes this year his days are numbered.

And again,you guys are the only team in the AFC that I'm really worried about.
The Ravens and the Pats are going to drop off IMHO. They both lost to much talent.

We lost two people. :wtf: If you desperately want to count Lloyd that's three.

KillaWatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, Im kinda factoring in the prospect that they might get banged up a bit and Im honestly not sure its possible for JJ Watt to be better than he was last year.

He insists he's going to..LOL. If he can it'll be an amazing accomplishment,hell one year like that was.
Yeah the injury thing can really screw you. Loosing Cushing last year was the start of the downward spiral for the Texans.

KillaWatt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost two people. :wtf: If you desperately want to count Lloyd that's three.

Hernandez,Welker and Isnt Gronk going to be out six weeks? Those are the ones off the top of my head and I thought you had lost more then that.
You cant expect to lose all that talent and not have it effect you,even if the three I listed was it.
I will say,if anyone can do it Belichick and Brady can. But I dont see it.
And it's not like I'm the lone ranger on this theory.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id like to update my top 12

12. New York Giants
11. Chicago Bears
10. Cincinnati Bengals
9. New England Patriots
8. Washington Redskins
7. Baltimore Ravens
6. Green Bay Packers
5. Atlanta Falcons
4. Houston Texans
3. Denver Broncos
2. San Francisco Niners
1. Seattle Seahawks

And pretty much every team in that top 12 has some ???