• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Preseason Power Rankings

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32. Oakland Raiders
They are in a rebuilding year after a complete firesale. Matt Flynn in unproven and there are still a lot of holes on their defense. And offense. If this was the NBA, they'd be accused of tanking.

31. Jacksonville Jaguars
On the positive side, they had what looks to be a decent draft and they should be getting MJD back. On the flip side, they still won't be able to pass the ball or rush the passer and that puts them pretty firmly in the back of the league. Gabbert would have to take major strides for this team to become relevant but Henne will most likely be a placeholder QB until they get someone in next year's draft.

30. Tennessee Titans
Their defense gives up a ton of points and their QB is pretty inaccurate. They should be able to run the ball this year but you have to wonder if they are still a draft or 2 away from being competitive.

29. Cleveland Browns
Brandon Weeden and a decent defense. And there will be no coverage on this team.

28. New York Jets
Mark Sanchez and a pretty good defense. And there will be way too much coverage on this team.

27. Indianapolis Colts
Making the playoffs with a rookie QB, a bad oline, a subpar running game and an abysmal defense was pretty impressive. I doubt they can do it again without the coach that got them there.

26. Kansas City Chiefs
The Chiefs have some Pro Bowlers on their roster for sure but they also had far and away the worst team in the league last year. Alex Smith, a new LT, a new coach and a healthy roster should help them but there defense should still be pretty bad.

25. Philadelphia Eagles
The oline should be healthier this year and the turnovers shouldn't be as extreme but losing Maclin is a pretty big deal and I'm not sure their defense is going to be any good.

24. Buffalo Bills
I was going to put the Bills lower until I realized that this is about where they are every year with a terrible QB situation so even if Im not high on EJ Manuel, this is about where they'll end up.

23. San Diego Chargers
This franchise has done a really bad job surrounding Philip Rivers with talent and they'll been regressing on offense for a few years now. They certainly have a shot at being around .500 but there just isn't enough talent on the roster despite a boom/bust looking draft this year.

22. Detroit Lions
They fell on to hard luck last year but I think they regressed a bit in the offseason even with the Reggie Bush signing. Megatron is always a wild card that will keep them in games but will the defense hold up?

21. Tampa Bay Bucs
An impossible team to rank because its hard to know which Josh Freeman will show up. And they certainly need to be healthier than what they were last year

20. Miami Dolphins
I think Tannehill has a world of potential and the defense should be pretty good. Not sure there is much big play potential on offense but they should be in almost every game they play. Losing Bush might hurt, too.

19. New Orleans Saints
Speaking of bad defenses, I'm skeptical that they have enough talent in New Orleans on that side of the ball. But they have Drew Brees so the offense will be there in every game on turf.

18. Dallas Cowboys
Not sure why they got rid of their defensive coordinator but there are little issues everywhere on a team that keeps underperforming their hype. Still, they'll almost undoubtedly win at least 7 games

17. Arizona Cardinals
New QB, New head coach and an improved oline should head this team in the right direction with a team that already has an excellent defense and the best kick returner in the league. But how good is Carson Palmer at this stage of his career and how is a pass happy offense going to match up in the NFC West? Extreme sleeper potential in this team.

16. Pittsburgh Steelers
They'll look like a top 10 team for half of the season but their age will show in the other half. Jarvis Jones should help their pass rush.

15. St Louis Rams
Not sure what to make of their offense but their defense will be there. The offense might take a few games to get into sync but even if things don't work out on that end, its not like they were winning games with their offensive prowess before. Make or break year with Bradford but its also the first year that he has had something resembling an oline.

14. Minnesota Vikings
Well, you know they can run the football. Their performance as a team is somewhere in between where it was last year and where it was the year before.

13. Carolina Panthers
A team that underachieved its nerd numbers last year and has a lot of young talent. Do they have the depth around that talent?

12. New England Patriots
Still a scary team with Gronk, a mediocre team without him. How many hits to the roster can Brady and Billichick take before the team starts regressing, though?

11. Chicago Bears
A really good defense and an offense that is just hoping and praying that they'll have something resembling an offensive line. Lots of talent. Lots of expectations. Still pretty reliant on turnovers.

10. New York Giants
Probably the best team that didn't make the playoffs last year. This year, they are flying under the radar a bit but I expect them to compete for a playoff spot.

9. Cincinnati Bengals
A team that looks really, really good on paper but doesn't have an extra gear for the playoffs.

8. Washington Redskins
Everyone talks about what happens to the Redskins if RG3 regresses but what happens to the Redskins if he gets better? This is probably a good spot for them as they'll likely be 5 spots higher or 5 spots lower. This is assuming that RG3 is healthy, of course.

7. Baltimore Ravens
Pretty much impossible to rank but they kept the core of the team that matters and most of the offseason changes are a push. Flacco isn't exactly the model of consistency that he showed in the playoffs last year, though.

6. Houston Texans
Probably top 3 when they are healthy but Im assuming that theyll get banged up every once in awhile.

5. Denver Broncos
4. Atlanta Falcons
3. Green Bay Packers
2. San Francisco Niners
1. Seattle Seahawks

You've heard enough about these teams. I think these are your Super Bowl favorites even if there is no Crabtree or Harvin.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Sea and the 49ers dropping off this year. They caught a lot of teams by surprise last year, they won't this year. GB??? Outside of AR they are kinda a weak team. Redskins at 8???? you must be a Skin fan. lol Gaints at 10??? they better get their pass rushing back or they will be a 500 team. I hate the aints but that's my SB pick, you got them at 19 lol.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're funny Noon, GB is a weak team lol. Let me guess the Bears should be number 1. smdh

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
32. Oakland Raiders - IDK about worst, but they are down there.
31. Jacksonville Jaguars - I expect Jags to be worst.
30. Tennessee Titans - Why they went after Shonn Greene is something I can't figure out. They don't need him.
29. Cleveland Browns - I'm ready for them to do something.
28. New York Jets - I think as long as Rex is there, they will be bottom 5, bottom 10 at best.
27. Indianapolis Colts - I disagree. They are okay at worst with 2 of the worst teams in their division.
26. Kansas City Chiefs - I agree that they are a team where you have to see it to believe it.
25. Philadelphia Eagles - I think McCoy will do really good, but I agree that the team will struggle.
24. Buffalo Bills - I actually expect the Jets to be better than Bills.
23. San Diego Chargers
22. Detroit Lions - Starts strong, finishes weak. I would probably put them in teens.
21. Tampa Bay Bucs - This is my surprise team. #1 rush D last year and they improved it. Good point on Freeman though.
20. Miami Dolphins - In good position to be average.
19. New Orleans Saints - Sean Payton is back, I think they will make a run for playoffs.
18. Dallas Cowboys
17. Arizona Cardinals - I like Carson Palmer, but he won't help them. Neither will Honey Badger. I expect them worse.
16. Pittsburgh Steelers
15. St Louis Rams - I like Sam Bradford, but how will not having Jackson hurt them?
14. Minnesota Vikings
13. Carolina Panthers - I think this team will be the victim of the division.
12. New England Patriots
11. Chicago Bears
10. New York Giants
9. Cincinnati Bengals
8. Washington Redskins
7. Baltimore Ravens - Losing the heart of the defense will hurt them big time IMO.
6. Houston Texans
5. Denver Broncos
4. Atlanta Falcons
3. Green Bay Packers
2. San Francisco Niners
1. Seattle Seahawks

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're funny Noon, GB is a weak team lol. Let me guess the Bears should be number 1. smdh

As a Bears fan I would say they are the number 1 team because I love having the confidence in my team. As an NFL fan I would say they are perfect sitting around 11-13. Greenbay belongs anywhere from 3-6.

Attractive and Rich

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see Sea and the 49ers dropping off this year. They caught a lot of teams by surprise last year, they won't this year. GB??? Outside of AR they are kinda a weak team. Redskins at 8???? you must be a Skin fan. lol Gaints at 10??? they better get their pass rushing back or they will be a 500 team. I hate the aints but that's my SB pick, you got them at 19 lol.

Who exactly were the 49ers and Seahawks catching by surprise by the end of last season? And how does a team "catch someone by surprise" in the NFL?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize the 49ers lost in OT in the NFC Championship to the Super Bowl champions 2 seasons ago right? They also tied the NFL record for least # of rushing TDs allowed, with 2-3 extra games that year. Didn't really lose anyone on defense. They went 14 consecutive games without giving up a rushing TD (which is NFL record).

Yeah. I can see where other teams wouldn't take them serious last season.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC is stacked though. Fucking weird to say that these days.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who exactly were the 49ers and Seahawks catching by surprise by the end of last season? And how does a team "catch someone by surprise" in the NFL?

If you believe that, you also think the read-option was invented in 2012 and magically this year every defense will now shutdown SF and Seattle because they have game film of Keap and Wilson. Ofcourse everyone had plenty of game film after a couple games of these two starting, but that's not the point. It's over for both of them this year. We're figured out. Party over. :L

SoPortland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you believe that, you also think the read-option was invented in 2012 and magically this year every defense will now shutdown SF and Seattle because they have game film of Keap and Wilson. Ofcourse everyone had plenty of game film after a couple games of these two starting, but that's not the point. It's over for both of them this year. We're figured out. Party over. :L
It's like they all think those two can't throw the ball... which is why it fucking works. Not to mention the other fact that both have excellent running games to boot. Both offenses can be fairly deadly... but both missing their WR's for significant time may have an impact.

We'll see though. At the end of the day, I think both will be fine and in the post-season. They're both stacked on defense.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson only tied the rookie TD passing record last year with 26. But he obviously can't throw.

Nope. Party's over. All Hail the NFC North. We're not worthy.... :hail:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7. Baltimore Ravens - Losing the heart of the defense will hurt them big time IMO.
Ngata still plays for Baltimore. And maybe he'll be 100% this year.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with the top 5 a little bit.

1. 49ers
2. Broncos
3. Packers
4. Patriots
5. Falcons

6. Ravens
7. Texans
8. Seahawks
9. Redskins
10. Bears
Round out the top 10

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ngata still plays for Baltimore. And maybe he'll be 100% this year.

They also get Suggs and Webb back healthy. The Ravens' defense is much stronger and deeper along the DL and much younger and faster on the back end. Last year's defense wasn't very good (although they stepped up in the playoffs). This year's defense will most likely be very good.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They also get Suggs and Webb back healthy. The Ravens' defense is much stronger and deeper along the DL and much younger and faster on the back end. Last year's defense wasn't very good (although they stepped up in the playoffs). This year's defense will most likely be very good.

The defense could be better but will the offense now take a step back with losing two of the major targets for Flacco?

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA, I won't say anything but keep on sleeping on our defense. If I had to put my money on it now, I'd say that our D will be average or atleast close to average this year, which is all we need as we have the best offense in the league. Also, the falcon hype is too much for me this year. The south division is nowhere near as giftwrapped for the Falcons as most think. First, nobody repeats in our division and second, I just don't see the Falcons maintaining what they did last year into this year. Plus, I think people are sleeping BIG time on Tampa Bay.....and depending on how Cam comes off the sophomore slump there defense, Carolina could be a factor in the South as well.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bucs got worse in the Offseason and are now the 3rd worse team in the NFC? Yet the Cardinals got better? Josh Freeman is now worse than Sam Bradford?

I would love to hear the Rational behind that...

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing. The guys on NFL Network think the Colts will equal or exceed their record from last year. Someone is going to very wrong based on your brilliant analysis.