• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Preseason Power Rankings

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Bucs got worse in the Offseason and are now the 3rd worse team in the NFC? Yet the Cardinals got better? Josh Freeman is now worse than Sam Bradford?

I would love to hear the Rational behind that...
Yes, the Arizona Cardinals got notably better. If you just go by advanced stats and plug in the Colts offense from last year with the Cardinals defense and special teams, they are a top 10 team. Obviously, I didnt just go by advanced stats and I don't think Palmer is quite as good as Luck at this stage of Palmer's career.

Its actually hard to find bad teams in the NFC. I think the Eagles are the only one that jumps out at me and even then Im not going to be shocked if they win 6 or more games. The NFC is really deep. I don't know about Josh Freeman being worse than Sam Bradford but I do know that both are on the hot seat this year. Freeman is on a hotter seat, actually, because he has had an additional year. The reason why I have the Rams higher than the Bucs is due to the fact that I think the Rams defense is going to be better and is certainly more of a known commodity. Obviously a prime 100% Revis can put Tampa's defense into the respectable category but that dline really has to show it can stay healthy and productive. As is, I dont think the Bucs or the Rams are a playoff team but like just about everyone else in the NFC, they certainly have a puncher's chance.

Oh, and I have the Colts as the 2nd best team in their division so I think they might actually win a few games.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The south division is nowhere near as giftwrapped for the Falcons as most think. First, nobody repeats in our division and second, I just don't see the Falcons maintaining what they did last year into this year. Plus, I think people are sleeping BIG time on Tampa Bay.....and depending on how Cam comes off the sophomore slump there defense, Carolina could be a factor in the South as well.
I agree with a lot of this but there is some evidence that Matt Ryan got better last year and the Falcons have a strange knack for winning close games.

I'm not sure I see this big improvement on the Saints D. The 3-4 isn't a panacea and Vaccaro is more of a jack of all trades guy that I couldn't even get positive reviews from Longhorns fans which is always a bad sign when a college fan base generally knocks a player that is considered a high prospect. I do like Cameron Jordan in the 3-4 but Will Smith? I don't know. I'll have to see it in action.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA, I won't say anything but keep on sleeping on our defense. If I had to put my money on it now, I'd say that our D will be average or atleast close to average this year, which is all we need as we have the best offense in the league. Also, the falcon hype is too much for me this year. The south division is nowhere near as giftwrapped for the Falcons as most think. First, nobody repeats in our division and second, I just don't see the Falcons maintaining what they did last year into this year. Plus, I think people are sleeping BIG time on Tampa Bay.....and depending on how Cam comes off the sophomore slump there defense, Carolina could be a factor in the South as well.

How do you figure they have the best offense in the league? They are good don't get me wrong but I don't think they even have the best offense in their division as Atlanta looks stacked this year. Throw in Patriots are always at the top or near. The Broncos have what looks like a possible great offense. Green Bay with Rodgers and now possibly a running game should be dominant. 49ers and Seahawks both have lots of weapons and great defenses to help out the offenses.

Plus I don't think the Saints are going to have a middle of the pack defense. Yes they have added some decent pieces but this defense was historically bad last year. It is going to take longer than one off season to correct all that was wrong with this defense last year. If they don't finish dead last this year I think the Saints have to consider that a victory.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so difficult to judge where the Cowboys will finish. They could be a top 10 team or bottom 10 team and neither one would be all that shocking.

Rob Ryan was not a good fit, and personally I think he's overrated. There's a reason he's on his 4th team in the past, what 6/7 years? He never made the right adjustments, doesn't mixup or disguise his blitz packages at all (they routinely got picked up) and the Cowboys had to be near the top of the league in 3rd and longs given up. I get there were injuries, but a lot of the problem was the playcalling.

If healthy and if people live up to potential the Cowboys have a loaded roster. If injuries and underperformance come into play, Cowboys will be middle of the pack again.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's so difficult to judge where the Cowboys will finish. They could be a top 10 team or bottom 10 team and neither one would be all that shocking.

Rob Ryan was not a good fit, and personally I think he's overrated. There's a reason he's on his 4th team in the past, what 6/7 years? He never made the right adjustments, doesn't mixup or disguise his blitz packages at all (they routinely got picked up) and the Cowboys had to be near the top of the league in 3rd and longs given up. I get there were injuries, but a lot of the problem was the playcalling.

If healthy and if people live up to potential the Cowboys have a loaded roster. If injuries and underperformance come into play, Cowboys will be middle of the pack again.
I feel like the Cowboys script is already written. There will be 2 games in the year where Romo is Superman posting the best QB rating in the league against a good team. There will then be 3 games where Romo throws a costly pick 6 that makes everyone :L or :laugh3:. For the games in between, they'll be an average team.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the Cowboys script is already written. There will be 2 games in the year where Romo is Superman posting the best QB rating in the league against a good team. There will then be 3 games where Romo throws a costly pick 6 that makes everyone :L or :laugh3:. For the games in between, they'll be an average team.

Pretty much. They'll win 2 or 3 games where people write them off and then lose 2 or 3 games they have no business losing, all on their way to an 8-8 or 9-7 finish. Prove me wrong Cowboys, prove me wrong. Also, I think the cap penalty they've been given hurts them more than people think. $5 million could absolutely get you a quality player or 2 to add depth. Instead they wind up with a rather thin roster.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons should be number one I think they are the most talented from top to bottom. They basically had the same team as last year but got better with Jackson and Osi. Might be a little weak in the secondary but no team is perfect.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons should be number one I think they are the most talented from top to bottom. They basically had the same team as last year but got better with Jackson and Osi. Might be a little weak in the secondary but no team is perfect.
Ive considered it. My top 5 is mostly based around the fact that Seattle trashed the Niners last year and Green Bay, while consistently really good, seems to struggle a bit against great defensive lines. Denver belongs in the mix as long as they have Peyton and Von Miller. I just have Seattle at #1 because they have the top defense, a real home field advantage and the ability to run the football really well. But I also grouped the top 5 together because nit picking their 'flaws' just seems silly.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense could be better but will the offense now take a step back with losing two of the major targets for Flacco?

They were certainly prepared for life without Boldin. The Pitta loss hurts, but every team will have losses. It's time for Dickson to step up.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were certainly prepared for life without Boldin. The Pitta loss hurts, but every team will have losses. It's time for Dickson to step up.
I haven't been following the Ravens too terribly closely but you guys are still using 'Mr Blind Side' as your RT, right? The offense played at a much higher level with him on that side, IIRC, so Im not too terribly worried about the Ravens offense

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been following the Ravens too terribly closely but you guys are still using 'Mr Blind Side' as your RT, right? The offense played at a much higher level with him on that side, IIRC, so Im not too terribly worried about the Ravens offense

The OL will be very good as long as McKinnie proves to be dependable.

That's a big if...

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks have to be the most overrated team going into a season in a long time.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since my Colts have the dubious honor of playing both the 49rs and the Seahawks this season, I will reserve any analysis until after the games have been played.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since my Colts have the dubious honor of playing both the 49rs and the Seahawks this season, I will reserve any analysis until after the games have been played.
They'll play the Rams, too, so you can rub it in my face if they win. (Not that they will...)

I certainly don't think that'll happen but preseason NFL Power Rankings are always wrong because its impossible to guess which 4-5 win teams will make the playoffs the next year.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They'll play the Rams, too, so you can rub it in my face if they win. (Not that they will...)

I certainly don't think that'll happen but preseason NFL Power Rankings are always wrong because its impossible to guess which 4-5 win teams will make the playoffs the next year.

I agree. And there is no accounting for injuries.

Generally, I am pessimistic when it comes to making any preseason predictions. And for the most part, it seems an exercise in futility since most of them are wrong.

Oddly enough, I am very encouraged about the Colts this season. While they did not sign anyone really flashy, they filled more obvious needs than I would have though possible in just one off season. If the new O-Line people can hold up, the team is complete. They have excellent TE's WR's and a pretty good running back should he pan out.

The defense is something I am very intrigued about. We are putting a kid out there at NT that benches 650 lbs., actually has excellent football skills and even has a couple of very formidable players to back him up. We already had several fairly good LB's and picked up a safety and a CB that should fill a couple of pretty deep holes. We have a lot of talent to play DE too. Big talent. I seriously doubt the guys that are starting at DE in training camp will wind up starting the regular season.

We have too excellent kickers. Not sure what the return teams will look like, but they claim to have talent there as well.

All in all, though I usually like to poor mouth it, I have to grudgingly feel pretty optimistic about this year's Colts team. What can I say?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All in all, though I usually like to poor mouth it, I have to grudgingly feel pretty optimistic about this year's Colts team. What can I say?
I'm not sure Ive seen this much optimism from a variety of NFL teams in awhile. I think there are a lot of people thinking that there will be a changing of the guard and there are a lot of people still holding on to the proven teams. We'll see.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the teams being written off are some of the wrong ones. The ravens, the patriots, Houston (although they are not world beaters, they will be solid still) are getting written off over silly shit.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the teams being written off are some of the wrong ones. The ravens, the patriots, Houston (although they are not world beaters, they will be solid still) are getting written off over silly shit.
Define "written off". ex: I have all 3 of those teams as playoff teams but I don't have any of them on my 'Super Bowl favorites' list

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill go

32. Jacksonville
31. Cleveland
30. Oakland
29. Philadelphia
28. Buffalo
27. NY Jets
26. San Diego
25. Tennessee
24. Carolina
23. Minnesota
22. Miami
21. St Louis
20. Detroit
19. Arizona
18. Indianapolis
17. Pittsburgh
16. Kansas City
15. New Orleans
14. Tampa Bay
13. NY Giants
12. Dallas
11. Washington
10. Chicago
9. Baltimore
8. Cincinnati
7. Houston
6. New England
5. Green Bay
4. Seattle
3. Denver
2. San Francisco
1. Atlanta

- Would have had SF number number even with the loss of Crabs but with Culliver going down I dont like the matchup SF has with Atlanta on the outside right now. The top 5 is pretty much interchangeable IMO and wouldnt have an issue with any of those teams being number 1.