• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Preseason Power Rankings

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Define "written off". ex: I have all 3 of those teams as playoff teams but I don't have any of them on my 'Super Bowl favorites' list

People putting them near the middle of the league. I actually am the most excited I have been in an offseason since we signed randy moss, but I understand reasonable skepticism. I just don't get people thinking any of these teams is going to be around .500 or even less.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill go

32. Jacksonville
31. Cleveland
30. Oakland
29. Philadelphia
28. Buffalo
27. NY Jets
26. San Diego
25. Tennessee
24. Carolina
23. Minnesota
22. Miami
21. St Louis
20. Detroit
19. Arizona
18. Indianapolis
17. Pittsburgh
16. Kansas City
15. New Orleans
14. Tampa Bay
13. NY Giants
12. Dallas
11. Washington
10. Chicago
9. Baltimore
8. Cincinnati
7. Houston
6. New England
5. Green Bay
4. Seattle
3. Denver
2. San Francisco
1. Atlanta

- Would have had SF number number even with the loss of Crabs but with Culliver going down I dont like the matchup SF has with Atlanta on the outside right now. The top 5 is pretty much interchangeable IMO and wouldnt have an issue with any of those teams being number 1.
Im actually thinking about dropping San Fran a couple of spots. You know, if there was an edit function for something posted so long ago. One, I hate the Niners. Two, thats 2 notable injuries. Three, the top 5 are fairly interchangable, imo.

I also think you're way too high on the Chiefs but they get a large bandwagon every year. Or maybe thats all of the noise I hear in Missouri

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im actually thinking about dropping San Fran a couple of spots. You know, if there was an edit function for something posted so long ago. One, I hate the Niners. Two, thats 2 notable injuries. Three, the top 5 are fairly interchangable, imo.

I also think you're way too high on the Chiefs but they get a large bandwagon every year. Or maybe thats all of the noise I hear in Missouri

Well my thoughts on the Chiefs are plentiful. They had quite the injury bugaboo last year and are getting all those guys back, theya re adding a guy that ( IMO) is a top 12-15 NFL QB in Alex Smith and if Smith has proven anything the last few years its that he can manage a game and not cost you games like Cassell did, the Chiefs also lost 6 games last year by a score or less so its not like they were getting blown out every week. Even going 3-3 in those games this year gets them to 7 or 8 wins and thats without factoring in the players they ahve coming back and adding Smith and lastly I am quite an Andy Reid fan so I think he is worth at least 1 or 2 wins to them. I have KC at 9-7ish so that would slot them in right around 14 in the power rankings.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Ive seen this much optimism from a variety of NFL teams in awhile. I think there are a lot of people thinking that there will be a changing of the guard and there are a lot of people still holding on to the proven teams. We'll see.

Well isn't it like clockwork each season that 5 new teams make the playoffs? The parity in the NFL is undeniable.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well my thoughts on the Chiefs are plentiful. They had quite the injury bugaboo last year and are getting all those guys back, theya re adding a guy that ( IMO) is a top 12-15 NFL QB in Alex Smith and if Smith has proven anything the last few years its that he can manage a game and not cost you games like Cassell did, the Chiefs also lost 6 games last year by a score or less so its not like they were getting blown out every week. Even going 3-3 in those games this year gets them to 7 or 8 wins and thats without factoring in the players they ahve coming back and adding Smith and lastly I am quite an Andy Reid fan so I think he is worth at least 1 or 2 wins to them. I have KC at 9-7ish so that would slot them in right around 14 in the power rankings.

Who did they lose to injury last year that was of great importance to them being successful?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing Ive noticed about the Chiefs is that people are pointing to Alex Smith being good as of late and ignoring his whole body or work while pointing to Andy Reid having a body of work that is good while ignoring his disaster that happened last year.

But then again, someone has to finish 2nd in the AFC West.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely wrote this too soon. Bulaga going down is pretty huge

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely wrote this too soon. Bulaga going down is pretty huge

I dont think it will be as significant as some may seem, but it is a loss. Yes he is their best lineman but the line as a whole is average/slightly below and Rodgers always finds way to be productive with a poor group in front of him.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it will be as significant as some may seem, but it is a loss. Yes he is their best lineman but the line as a whole is average/slightly below and Rodgers always finds way to be productive with a poor group in front of him.
Yeah, but their ceiling isn't too terribly different than it was last year.

DaBearsShowPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but their ceiling isn't too terribly different than it was last year.

Ya, I think this loss will effect them more in the beginning of the year compared to the 2nd half of the year. Whether Bulaga decides to play with a torn ACL or they start that rookie, either one of them will be facing some tough DE this year.

Eriko212121

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC
San Fran
Green Bay
New Orleans
Dallas
Chicago
Seattle

AFC
Houston
Denver
New England
Pittsburg
Indy
KC

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see why everyone thinks Seattle will be #1. They will be good, but not without Harvin. Their top 2 WR's are injured, their defense has suspensions piling up, and their QB has a lot to prove. I think they will be a top 10 team in the NFC, but not the entire NFL.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think early power rankings are pretty superfluous, a lot can happen
in the preseason to throw it out the window, but the upper division
is pretty solid and will likely remain so. There will be some
surprises from the middle of the pack, either injuries taking some
teams down or new coaching and personnel racking up
unexpected wins. I do think that my Raiders have a chance to
move up in the ranks with a pretty soft schedule.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think early power rankings are pretty superfluous, a lot can happen
in the preseason to throw it out the window, but the upper division
is pretty solid and will likely remain so. There will be some
surprises from the middle of the pack, either injuries taking some
teams down or new coaching and personnel racking up
unexpected wins. I do think that my Raiders have a chance to
move up in the ranks with a pretty soft schedule.

My guess is most fans/teams look at the Raiders and say that is the one easy win on the schedule. With the team being in cap hell for a while they just don't have the talent to match up with teams in the NFL.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats at 12 is a joke. I suspect they are the second best team in the AFC

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is most fans/teams look at the Raiders and say that is the one easy win on the schedule. With the team being in cap hell for a while they just don't have the talent to match up with teams in the NFL.

The Raiders have had tons of talent over the past ten years, but the constant churning of HC
deprived the team of any consistency or discipline. The talent knew there was only one person
to answer to, Al Davis. The undermining destroyed any chance of playing toward the common
goal, I would define it as toxic. No chain of command, with an unpredictable and vindictive tyrant
running the show. There is much more to the Raider story than lack of talent.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC
San Fran
Green Bay
New Orleans
Dallas
Chicago
Seattle

AFC
Houston
Denver
New England
Pittsburg
Indy
KC

How is Houston better then Den and NE? Pretty sure they took a beatdown last year. It's just dumb. And KC cmon man really.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to be keeping my eye on Brandon Weeden. Given his age, if he is going to be any good, this would be the year.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Houston better then Den and NE? Pretty sure they took a beatdown last year. It's just dumb. And KC cmon man really.

:agree:

Maybe Eriko is a Texan fan huh?