• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Predictions for the Cowboys 2016-17 Season

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas showed their hand with Murray last offseason and everything suggests RB by committee. McFadden is dirt cheap, serviceable when upright and adding Alfred Morris who also won't be running down any special team lanes indicates committee. I agree Dallas should draft a RB, but more pressing defensive needs are there in rounds 1 & 2 before thinking offense.
I'm assuming you know Dallas needs better than I. There will be a lot of RB's available through the draft. Problem is we are gambling after Ezekiel.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a head scratcher since Walter's current mock (not updated for the trade) has Tennessee taking him with the #1 overall pick and you mistakenly left off the first part of their critique where they say Tenn thinks he could be a Sherman or Woodson type for them:

• Projected Round (2016): Top-5 Pick.
    4/9/16: Sources with the Titans said that Ramsey is currently the favorite to be their pick at No. 1 overall. They think he could be a Richard Sherman- or Charles Woodson-type defensive back for them. Two playoff teams have told WalterFootball.com that they have a second-round grade on Ramsey. However, two other teams picking in the top 10 have Ramsey in the top 10 on their draft boards.

The Nashville product was a star of the combine interviews. Teams say Ramsey is a great kid and they love him off the field. He also had an excellent combine workout with a fast 40 and a strong showing in the field work. With Ramsey's character and impressive skill set, some teams are over the moon about him.

Sources from the teams that gave him a second-round grade say that in watching Ramsey, he is more special at safety rather than corner. For the NFL, they feel he would be a press-man corner to take on big receivers, but would struggle to prevent separation from speed receivers and sudden route-runners. They believe that Ramsey would have to be moved around and protected in their defense, but he would probably playing safety the majority of the time.

The sources that love Ramsey said that while big corners struggle with small shifty players, Ramsey can reroute them easily at the line of scrimmage or cover them up with size and length downfield. They compared Ramsey to Rod Woodson, Charles Woodson, Richard Sherman and Xavier Rhodes.

In 2015, Ramsey had 50 tackles with 10 passes broken up and zero interceptions. Against South Florida, Ramsey had a nice pass breakup and a long kick return, but also got lucky. He was all but beaten for a long pass play after losing a receiver deep downfield, but the wideout dropped the pass. Versus Miami, Ramsey gave up a 58-yard touchdown to Hurricanes wide receiver Rashawn Scott. It gave evidence that Ramsey is a work in progress as a corner. He played better against the Clemson Tigers and their talented wide receivers.

No mistake, We all use what we read in a subjective way. Ramsey will be good. How good?
Pay to play......

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mistake, We all use what we read in a subjective way. Ramsey will be good. How good?
Pay to play......
I think Ramsey will be good and is a great fit for Dallas. But you can say that about a dozen or so guys at this point. Good part about sucking the year before is you have a lot of options now...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Ramsey will be good and is a great fit for Dallas. But you can say that about a dozen or so guys at this point. Good part about sucking the year before is you have a lot of options now...
I'm just happy has a first round pick to try and improve the team.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday AM I bucked up for 3 tickets to the pre-season game in Seattle in late August for my son, daughter and nephew. I figure it will be the 3rd week so of all the pre-season games it should be the best for use of starters.

Gotta take what's available.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a season ticket holder and support the Cowboys through thick or thin. I am not a fair weather fan and will always be at the stadium rooting for our team.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saturday AM I bucked up for 3 tickets to the pre-season game in Seattle in late August for my son, daughter and nephew. I figure it will be the 3rd week so of all the pre-season games it should be the best for use of starters.

Gotta take what's available.
Family Seahawks fans? :D

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense is a much bigger need, besides I think a RB from the 3rd round would be more than fine in Dallas.
I'm hoping Joey Bosa is our first round pick.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Family Seahawks fans? :D

No.

They were at the last Dallas game there too on my nickel. You know, the one where Dallas kicked your ass?

They will be sporting a Dez, a Romo and a Primetime... (jersies)

I may not get to see this one on TV as it's preseason?

Maybe King or KCPQ will cover it?

Or a Sunday AM replay.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

They were at the last Dallas game there too on my nickel. You know, the one where Dallas kicked your ass?

They will be sporting a Dez, a Romo and a Primetime...

I may not get to see this one on TV as it's preseason?

Maybe King or KCPQ will cover it?

Or a Sunday AM replay.
Keep sending them to Seahawks game, we'll convert them to Seahawks fans.:D

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, if he's the pick I'm fine, just wouldn't be my choice. If they trade back it would have to be with a team wanting to jump up above JVille for Jack, and it would have to be a team drafting above Philly. Small window, if I traded back that's my target, and I'd take less than the value chart to do so. I'd probably draft Jack for the team I'm trading with and have that team take my guy then annnouce the trade.

Report: Myles Jack has 'bone and cartilage starting to break away'