• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My NFL prediction thread rules

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is intended to be linked to when I start posting results (which will be the Tuesday before the 1st game).

I am sure most of you understand how my prediction threads work but I am making this thread to explain those that don't how it works.

This is not predicting whether a game is a good game or not. If it was, I would be predicting spreads.
This is not predicting whether it is a high scoring game. If it was, I would be predicting the total score.
This is predicting how each team (as individuals) will do in the game.

PICKING THE CORRECT TEAM OR WRONG TEAM

Green = Predicted the correct team to win
-----> Example: TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 10 <----- TEAM A 34 at TEAM B 7

Red = Predicted the wrong team to win
-----> Example: TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 10 <----- TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 28

CLOSE PREDICTION (#)

The actual score being 8 points or closer to the predicted score of both teams. Does not have to predict the correct team for a close prediction to count. On the weekly results thread, the games with a close prediction will have a "(#)" next to the game.

Reason it is 8 points is because it is the most a team can score on a single drive.

Prediction <----- Result

TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 24 <----- TEAM A 14 at Team B 32 (#)
----> This would count as "1-0 with a 1 close prediction" on the week's result thread.

TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 24 <----- TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 31 (#)
-----> Even with 1 team with the correct prediction, both scores were not predicted correctly but were within. This would count as "1-0 with 1 close prediction" on the week's result thread.

TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 24 <----- TEAM A 24 at TEAM B 21 (#)
-----> Even though I predicted the wrong team to win, I was within 8 points from both team's score. This would count as "0-1 with 1 close prediction" on the week's result thread.

TEAM A 28 at TEAM B 24 <----- TEAM A 28 at TEAM B 15
-----> I was 9 points off from TEAM B, so I do not get a close prediction. This would count as "1-0 with 0 close predictions" on the week's result thread.

TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 14 <----- TEAM A 14 at TEAM B 24
-----> I didn't pick the correct team to win nor did I have a close prediction. It would count as "0-1 with 0 close predictions" on the week's result thread.

CORRECT PREDICTION ($$$)

Only way to win this is if you predict the actual score. This will not be counted in "close prediction" on the result thread and results, but will get its own category.

Prediction <----- Result ($$$)

TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 24 <----- TEAM A 21 at TEAM B 24 ($$$)
-----> It would count as "1-0 with 0 close predictions and 1 correct prediction" on the result thread.

CLOSE PREDICTIONS LIST

On the result page, I will show the games that each poster and myself had close predictions or even correct predictions.

Poster's Username

Overall/Week: right-wrong (%) with # close predictions and # correct predictions (if there are any predictions)

Close Predictions

Team A (How far away from team's score poster predicted) at Team B (How far away from team's score poster predicted)

*Correct Prediction(s) on top

--------------------------------------------

Poster

Overall: 25-7 (.7813) with 10 close predictions and 1 correct predictions

Week 1: 13-3 (.8125) with 7 close predictions and 1 correct predictions
Week 2: 12-4 (.7500) with 3 close predictions

Close Predictions

Team A (correct) at Team B (correct)

Team A (poster was +5 from Team A's actual score) at Team B (-1)
Team A (correct) at Team B (+8)

OTHER RULES

* My deadline to change a prediction or add a prediction is midnight (CST) before the game. I usually give other posters around kickoff.

* If you post a prediction and it is not perfectly clear it is sarcastic, I will count it, so make it perfectly clear.

* I will not count picks/predictions in other threads. If you want me to keep track, you must post your picks/predictions on this thread.

* If a game is postponed, that prediction will not count.

* If a game results in a tie, that prediction will not count, unless a tie is predicted. If a tie is predicted and a team wins, it will be considered a wrong prediction.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,054.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we make a score pick we get money?